• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

M3Rocket

Late reply but I'm just catching up with the thread. Was just going to say that The Division is pretty much the only thing on the horizon at the moment. Not exactly the same given the settings and gameplay differences, but it will be a AAA open world, persistent, co-op/PvP, MMO-lite shooter with loot. If it turns out well (BIG "if" I know), it will be doing a lot of the core things Destiny is doing and it has the buzz and the publisher marketing dollars to compete for that mindshare. I'm also convinced the next Borderlands will be encroaching in to that territory as well but who nows how far that's out.

I'm late to this, but this demo reel from 2013 completely sold me on it. Unfortunately, been waiting for it ever since:
The Division 2013 E3 Gameplay Video

Remomanji

Neo Member
PS4 - Titan Lvl 32

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a Crota Hardmode Group. I have the Checkpoint.

Just add me in PSN: Remomanji

cheers

Ruze789

Just saw it mentioned on reddit, that the B.net homepage timeline now has Iron Banner listed with a Feb.17 date.

The 'Earn Legendary Gear' image when you click on the event shows arms and boots!

D9CAAbl.jpg

EL CUCO

Wait so Crota can shoot you through the glass of the crystal room now.
Not necessarily through it, but if you're standing close enough to it can hit you.

Similar to how Thralls can swipe at you through the other side.
Speer again available to buy? Well yes I'll take another one.
Hell yeah. I need a solar one with Field Scout, so I can toss Black Hammer to the trash.

Stantron

So there's a strategy for killing Crota which involves Titans generating orbs of light on Crota's center platform. Titans would pop a bubble near where Crota stands so that when the sword wielder did his thing, he'd get super on the second kneel.

Well what if a group of 4-5 Titans went to the center platform area before activating the crystal. Each bubble could create 2 orbs of light or 3 with the Alpha Lupi chest piece. Each Titan could then pop another bubble almost immediately from the orbs of the other Titans. Keep doing this until there is a flood of orbs for the Hunter during his sword run.

I have no idea if this is possible, but theoretically, if you could do RT -> super cancel 3 times for two kneels which would be enough to kill Crota in one sword run. Super may not replenish fast enough but I think it would be fun to try.

Deku Tree

Wait so Crota can shoot you through the glass of the crystal room now.

I think the splash damage can go through the glass if you are standing too close with your nose in the glass, yes. I'm surprised the glass is strong enough to withstand Crota's blasts at all.

Sullichin

Just saw it mentioned on reddit, that the B.net homepage timeline now has Iron Banner listed with a Feb.17 date.

The 'Earn Legendary Gear' image when you click on the event shows arms and boots!

Good, I want the boots and I need to reroll Timur's Lash again

Man, Warlock chest piece only appeared once compared to the always warlock gloves and boot

So there's a strategy for killing Crota which involves Titans generating orbs of light on Crota's center platform. Titans would pop a bubble near where Crota stands so that when the sword wielder did his thing, he'd get super on the second kneel.

Well what if a group of 4-5 Titans went to the center platform area before activating the crystal. Each bubble could create 2 orbs of light or 3 with the Alpha Lupi chest piece. Each Titan could then pop another bubble almost immediately from the orbs of the other Titans. Keep doing this until there is a flood of orbs for the Hunter during his sword run.

I have no idea if this is possible, but theoretically, if you could do RT -> super cancel 3 times for two kneels which would be enough to kill Crota in one sword run. Super may not replenish fast enough but I think it would be fun to try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEDQbjTN-g&feature=youtu.be

Deku Tree

I skipped IB last time. Now that I am a 32 on all toons and I have all the raid weapons I see no reason to play IB this time either.

Not necessarily through it, but if you're standing close enough to it can hit you.

Similar to how Thralls can swipe at you through the other side.

Hell yeah. I need a solar one with Field Scout, so I can toss Black Hammer to the trash.

Yesterday we had the Pleasure of Ir Yut standing so close to the window that when she started her song, she actually shifted outside of it. The 5 of us that were in there couldn't touch her and died trying. One person verified they could attack her from outside, but what are you going to do at that point... :(

I skipped IB last time. Now that I am a 32 on all toons and I have all the raid weapons I see no reason to play IB this time either.

Seems very late to be offering 32 gear now for IB. Tons of people were already 32 in the last one. If it is supposed to be "another path", 32 gear should have been available immediately to compete with Raid gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAEDQbjTN-g

edit beaten,lol.

rNilla

I kind of want a Spear, especially since I have Motes for days that I can burn in pursuit of the perfect roll, but then I'd have to play a bunch of Iron Banner.

Feorax

Seems very late to be offering 32 gear now for IB. Tons of people were already 32 in the last one. If it is supposed to be "another path", 32 gear should have been available immediately to compete with Raid gear.

Might help to bypass rad mats for alts though. If I can get legs and boots for my 26 titan that take ass mats, I can hit 32 with only one piece of armour needing rad mats. Speeds up the process massively.

I bet one of the two new weapon classes for Comet will be grenade launchers and the special raid weapon after beating Oryx (the new raid boss) will be the Boomer.

Deku Tree

Maybe a lot of PvP players only PvP and don't have too much Raid Gear?

Ruze789

I bet one of the two new weapon classes for Comet will be grenade launchers and the special raid weapon after beating Oryx (the new raid boss) will be the Boomer.

The grenade launcher was my absolute favorite weapon to use in Halo Reach, I would love that.

LTWood12

Where did 'Boomer' originate? It's a word we all use all the time but I'm not sure when it started.

Grenade launcher would be disappointing. For a futuristic shooter, it has a dearth of futuristic weapon types.

ich00

Repost for a new page

Fatebringer anyone?

A new week, means reset, means another shot to get out of the #ForeverNoFatebringer club. Last week 5 out of 7 guardians that we did this with got thier first Fatebringer, I did not, so I'll be at it again today around 10pm EST. I'll be running it 3 times, first time from the beginning of the raid (unless someone has the hm Templar cp). Sign up below using your PSN name and I'll send invites once everyone is online, stay for one, two or all three!

1. Me (ichabod00)
2. reserved
3. reserved
4. KINGofCRA5H-
5. Dawnoflife

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

Speaking of weapon types. I always thought each class should have their own class weapon type.

Give Titans a big Heavy weapon like the grenade launcher. Hunters have a Great bow and Warlocks get some type of energy weapon.

LiK

one of the gripes we had since day one was the inability to wield the enemy guns. would've been cool during story missions but nope.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Here is my Amiibo collection!

I've had requests to post it and here it is. 6+ or bust!

The only ones missing are Shulk (in transit from a trade here on Gaf) and Meta Knight (Future Shop announced they will be shipping them out today).

Your Twins will inherit a fortune when they grow up from Daddy Bucks
Problem is then a civil war will break out in the Cosmos clan, the twins will fight against each other for the ever elusive Peach, One will create the Moose Knuckle of the Cosmos Clan while the other will go with the Syrup Chug Eh? Clan
Your eldest will be too busy playing a Guardian in Destiny 14: Darkness Dream of Requiem with me and you connected into the Matrix

TMI Department: Yes I dream of you Cosmos + Family Future =3

Top Bottom