• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

phen0m24

hahaha that sounds pretty fun

I really wish I had the party chat audio recorded. I would have spent the time to put together a highlights clip.

Xplicit, between the kids joining us at the lamps:

NIlla: "Who is that?"
Me: "Guys, (to the kids that joined) forgive us but the conversation going on isn't PG rated. You might want to pop in your own party."
Kids: "It's ok, my parents are all about the swearing."

To the Narmer quotes:
"Yes dear"
"Calm down pumpkin"
"Thank you sweetheart"
"I got this! I got this!"
dies
"Oh crap I fell down again"

To Nilla not having ANY ammo
Me getting hacked through the glass by a Knight and running out of Horn ammo
And forgetting to give NIlla the Chalice back at the end oops

It was really funny. Narmer saved us at the Deathsinger as Nilla and I went Kamikaze on her and died inside. He was outside blasting everything with Red Death and we were hoping he could get to us as each of our orbs had a collection of Knights around them.
I think we both were concerned, but he bladedanced in there and got us.
And died.

Fun times were had by all.

Trakan

Ugh, I hate doing The Wakening for the Daily Heroic.

But, I have two fairly new level 20s that need Shards, so down I go.

The simple things are what piss me off the most about this game. For the daily, just start with an Earth mission and change the planet every day until you cycle through every mission and repeat. It's not hard at all.

It's common fucking sense.

Anastasis

Repost for a new page

Fatebringer anyone?

A new week, means reset, means another shot to get out of the #ForeverNoFatebringer club. Last week 5 out of 7 guardians that we did this with got thier first Fatebringer, I did not, so I'll be at it again today around 10pm EST. I'll be running it 3 times, first time from the beginning of the raid (unless someone has the hm Templar cp). Sign up below using your PSN name and I'll send invites once everyone is online, stay for one, two or all three!

1. Me (ichabod00)
2. reserved
3. reserved
4. KINGofCRA5H-
5. Dawnoflife

Alt 1.
Alt 2.

Depending on how late the second and third runs are, I might be in. Have to play it by ear cause I got kids to get to bed. Alright if I send a FR now and I'll message you when I can and see if there's room?

Arrrammis

Did Deathsinger and watched some guy get Monte Carlo, the only weapon besides Hawkmoon that I've been hunting for months, and the guy asks "What's a Monte Carlo and is it any good?" Told him its a shitty auto rifle that's going to get even shittier after next nerf patch (which is not a lie), and he promptly proceeded to dismantle it.

chicken_regret_nothing.gif

As someone who owns Monte Carlo, you weren't wrong.

Me: "Guys, (to the kids that joined) forgive us but the conversation going on isn't PG rated. You might want to pop in your own party."

To the Narmer quotes:
"Yes dear"
"Calm down pumpkin"
"Thank you sweetheart"
dies

It was really funny. Narmer saved us at the Deathsinger as Nilla and I went Kamikaze on her and died inside. He was outside blasting everything with Red Death and we were hoping he could get to us as each of our orbs had a collection of Knights around them.
And died.

Hahahaha that's awesome.

I'm staring at some people's vaults like
bqObQpI.png

ich00

Depending on how late the second and third runs are, I might be in. Have to play it by ear cause I got kids to get to bed. Alright if I send a FR now and I'll message you when I can and see if there's room?

No problem at all. I added you to my friends list.

Ryck

Did the daily for the first time in ages. Got a Legendary Engram. Turned into the Rapier with firefly and armor piercing rounds. XD

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As someone who owns Monte Carlo, you weren't wrong.

Not really it does have a nice melee build quality to it trust me on that
The proc for melee refresh is ridiculous sometimes, going off in succession

I mean when the Eris throw precision knife challenge pops up, even with the dual knife + fill up throwing knife ammo if it's precision proc bubbles equipped on Gunslinger, Monte Carlo refreshes them so fucking quickly

Think about for a Warlock with Claws of Ahramkara
Either 2 Solar Shields or 2 Energy Drains + Monte Carlo, heal up or shield up for fucking days

Monte Carlo may not be a weapon in some peoples arsenal due to the LOLAR nerf coming, but sometime with the right build for PVE purposes you stand tall and get shit done others don't even think about

To the Narmer quotes:
"Yes dear"
"Calm down pumpkin"
"Thank you sweetheart"
dies

And died.

Oh man. I had to check the Destiny app just now to see which parts we did last night. I vaguely remember the deathsinger situation. Definitely don't recall the abyss nor the bridge.

I do remeber laughing a lot so that was good. I remember telli the 10 year old to enjoy his time without responsibilities. He won't listen.

Deku Tree

I have almost everything I want in Destiny so far. I am not at 100% and but I feel like I am done. All my toons are 32 with a full set of maxed raid gear.

I will do dailies for a while for many of the days.
I will do NF+ weeklies.
I will do raids.

Otherwise no more leveling needed. No more maxing weapons. No more collecting. No more grinding. No more turning in bounties. Although I will keep a reserve of 5K bounties for whatever. No more picking up public event or vendor packages from the postmaster. Leave it all there for later if needed. No more glimmer farming. Only fun stuff when it's fun.

Carbonox

All that's left for my Titan is the Crota legs and I'm all set for 32. Can they drop from Deathsinger? Only thing left to do (I do Crota raids ass backwards by doing random stages at a time depending on who's around).

Namikaze1

All that's left for my Titan is the Crota legs and I'm all set for 32. Can they drop from Deathsinger? Only thing left to do (I do Crota raids ass backwards by doing random stages at a time depending on who's around).
Deathsinger doesn't drop armor gear sadly.

Did Deathsinger and watched some guy get Monte Carlo, the only weapon besides Hawkmoon that I've been hunting for months, and the guy asks "What's a Monte Carlo and is it any good?" Told him its a shitty auto rifle that's going to get even shittier after next nerf patch (which is not a lie), and he promptly proceeded to dismantle it.

chicken_regret_nothing.gif

I don't get how people can just dismantle exotics when they're not dupes

phen0m24

Oh man. I had to check the Destiny app just now to see which parts we did last night. I vaguely remember the deathsinger situation. Definitely don't recall the abyss nor the bridge.

I do remeber laughing a lot so that was good. I remember telli the 10 year old to enjoy his time without responsibilities. He won't listen.

Ahh but that was earlier on, when one of them joined the party at the tower. Later they ALL joined us at the bridge and then bailed after they kept swiping the sword and dying.

Then it was just the three of us™.

Dude when you screamed about the ogre me and Nilla - heck - we almost lost it. We were like "Dude under the crystal room! Where are you?" To which you replied something like: "OH @#$% HELP! OGRE! HELP! @#$% #$%^& $#%^&*!!"

Crota Summons His Oversoul

me and Nilla dying from laughing so hard

phen0m24

Who wants to do a hard full CE no cheese run against Bungie in about 3 1/2 hours?

Kadey are you doing a hard at 8:30 and hoping to finish before they start at 11:30?

They're doing a normal

You should do a flawless normal
or just stream our Kadey Karry™ flawless run
:p

EDIT BEATEN LIKE A DEAD HORSE

Ahh but that was earlier on, when one of them joined the party at the tower. Later they ALL joined us at the bridge and then bailed after they kept swiping the sword and dying.

Then it was just the three of us™.

Dude when you screamed about the ogre me and Nilla - heck - we almost lost it. We were like "Dude under the crystal room! Where are you?" To which you replied something like: "OH @#$% HELP! OGRE! HELP! @#$% #$%^& $#%^&*!!"

Crota Summons His Oversoul

me and Nilla dying from laughing so hard

Oh man. We had other people help us at the bridge? I'll have to plead the fifth of vodka on that one. Cannot recall.

I am uncertain as to why I decided to hit up the ogre room. Guess I was practicing for hard mode? Yeah, we'll go with that. Not sure why I didn't just go invisible... Oh wait, yeah I do - vodka.

Namikaze1

Anyone up for a HM crota run(just crota) so far I've got 3 people. Psn is greyblade. Need someone with sword experience.
Still need 3? I can bring my level 32 Hunter. Just need to make a quick pit stop over at the tower first.

Edit: no sword for me. I'm not that good with it on my Hunter.

Top Bottom