• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

You get your ass back to the Dying Light thread where you belong right meow.

But I'm almost platinum with that game and the only trophies missing seem glitched. i already completed all quarantines and side quests but no trophies. I kicked 1000 people off a bridge but no kick 100 off a building trophy.

Nu-uh!

Whenever I'm around a titan wearing those bad boys, heavy ammo for daaaaayyyyyzzzzz.
I'll back him up. Whenever I see tons of purple drop, I'll look around or ask if someone is wearing them. It doesn't seem very consistent, but when it happens, it HAPPENS.

Palocca

I'll post this now to try and get 2 more: at 9:30-10pm EST I'm getting a group togther to run VoG Hard up to the templar 3 times to try and get out of the #forevernofatebringer club. Anyone interrested in joining? I need at least 2, maybe some alts if people only want to stick around for one try. Send me a friend request then I'll send out invites once we're ready.

PS4: Ichabod00

1. Ichabod00
2. friend
3. friend
4. Bladelaw

I'd be down to join, but I probably won't get home until 10:00 PM EST, give or take 10 minutes.

If you're willing to wait, my PSN is: theFLYINGPIGEON

Let me know!

I'll back him up. Whenever I see tons of purple drop, I'll look around or ask if someone is wearing them. It doesn't seem very consistent, but when it happens, it HAPPENS.

I will have to pay attention to that. Last night running the Abyss I saw purple coming out the ying-yang. Never saw so much at one time.

I swear that when you create a Destiny account, the game randomly assigns odds for each exotic item dropping, meaning you have a higher chance of getting certain exotics compared to others.

It would explain why I've gotten 5+ GHorns, 5+ Plan C's and 5+ P&T to drop for me, and on the opposite side, why I haven't gotten a Red Death or Thunderlord to drop for me. Thankfully I was able to buy the Red Death, but Thunderlord is still MIA.

I agree with you. I for one get Timebreakers. Lots of fucking Time Breakers

5hWDwjX.jpg

Mind you this is only one character. It's the same for all 3 and I've even deleted 10 or so to make room. Last night I got 3 more time breakers doing hard Atheon

noomi

guise.... I want to make awesome high quality destiny gifs... how?!

Also does neogaf support webm?

Deku Tree

Wait... so Deej @ Bungie just posed a video of someone else talking about the "Trials of Osiris" (see my previous post)... so is this the first time they area acknowledging it? Could this be the "event" that they try to use next to bridge the gap for now of "things to do"?

MrS

Banned
Any groups running HM CE today? Finally got to 32 yesterday and wanted to try it out. :D

Running Hard Crota in 15 minutes, join if you want - Mr-Stephen on PSN.

1. Me
2. Jinjo

Add yourself to the list - everybody is welcome.

It's better than nothing. Waiting for a weekly post to say that they are working on a patch. I want Deej to be part of the community not some admin.

These fluff posts would go over a lot better and probably be appreciated if the Thursday update was more substantial and candid. It is just a reaction to the lack of real communication.

Steroyd

Gunslinger can take out bubble shield never knew that!

Golden Gun
Nova Bomb
Fist of Havoc
Fusion Grenade Spam

All can take out the titan bubble, only one left from that list is Blade Dancer, but they can just bypass it with their super.

Now that I think about it, this just confuses me more that people just walk into my bubble to melee punch me.

EL CUCO

Damn...it seems to always be the opposite for me.

Teammate: "Man I love these Ruin wings. Heavy everywhere"

Me: *looks around* "I don't see sh!t"

2real4tv

Golden Gun
Nova Bomb
Fist of Havoc
Fusion Grenade Spam

All can take out the titan bubble, only one left from that list is Blade Dancer, but they can just bypass it with their super.

Now that I think about it, this just confuses me more that people just walk into my bubble to melee punch me.

Yeah only seen nova but not as effective as the gunslinger my understanding is nova will only take out shield.

LordofPwn

Ever since i started raiding regularly with the same group my experience with hard mode crota has improved greatly. Last night we beat the whole thing with 2 wipes (1 after deathsinger cause i died finishing off the last boomer. and 1 at the start of crota fight, guy got shot by crota before we killed sword bear) and the completed time was 40:43. Also since using the Double Bubble Trouble™ strat i've yet to encounter a disappearing sword.

Please consult with your doctor to ask if using Double Bouble Trouble™ is right for you. Some Guardians may experience insta-wipes and unstoppable oversouls. If sword use lasts more than 4 hours post on NeoGAF immediately. Success is not guaranteed. Requires minimum 2 TITANS.

Manp

5hWDwjX.jpg

Mind you this is only one character. It's the same for all 3 and I've even deleted 10 or so to make room. Last night I got 3 more time breakers doing hard Atheon

you should start renting them out to tourists or something

IHaveIce

Banned
Wait... so Deej @ Bungie just posed a video of someone else talking about the "Trials of Osiris" (see my previous post)... so is this the first time they area acknowledging it? Could this be the "event" that they try to use next to bridge the gap for now of "things to do"?

yeah but isn't that a pvp thingy? Ew Destiny pvp

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Just got a PS4 and playing this. I have some friends that want me to Raid with them. I am just finding the single player campaign pretty boring. I know it is all about multiplayer, I guess I need to find a way to level up fast. Just got level 5.

raiding doesn't happen until at least lvl 26. im lvl 26 and i dont feel quite ready yet.

everything up to level 20 i would consider a warm up. the game starts at the end game. at least thats my opinion. the only reason i got that far was because i bought a digital copy so i only kept playing so i didn't feel as bad about it. if i had a physical copy i'd have stopped playing destiny long ago.

the real fun is getting from 20 > 33 which will take a lot more time/effort than what you put into <20.

LiK

5hWDwjX.jpg

i wish Timebreakers gave you something for dismantling. Maybe Telemetries or something.

noomi

I use Photoshop CS6 to make .gifs, it's really easy.

No .webm support on GAF though.

Ah, I haven't used photoshop in probably 10+ years now. I don't know if I would even remember anything anymore.... Too bad about webm, seems great.

no clue, but imgur just released a youtube to gif creator and it has me pretty excited

ooooo! Just checked it out, looks like they use gifv files now, the quality is frikin' amazing!

test: looks like imgur's new gifv files aren't supported.... yet....
test2: removed, regular was was to huge.... like 54MB

ich00

I'd be down to join, but I probably won't get home until 10:00 PM EST, give or take 10 minutes.

If you're willing to wait, my PSN is: theFLYINGPIGEON

Let me know!

That shouldn't be a problem, I just sent you a friend request.

need 1 more to try and get out of #foreverNoFatebringer @10pmish EST tonight

1. Ichabod00
2. friend
3. friend
4. Bladelaw
5. theFLYINGPIGEON

noomi

Lol, that crashed Chrome for me.

Sorry about that guardian, I tried to remove it as quickly as possible. Last thing I want to do is get banned from gaf for posting something :(

*edit*

it was nami! he posted the larger gif *grabs pitchfork* get him!!!! Also his name is too similar to mine... GET HIM!!!! <3 nami :)

stb

The only weapons I'm missing from both raids is the Fusion Rifle (and Crux I guess). I'm starting to believe my own dumb theory on seeds. (At account creation, you have a specific seed that determines your loot table. Why you have 4x same exotic drop 0x a different exotic)

I've been wondering a similar theory. I think they really overthought the "randomness" of the drops and ended up making something that isn't particularly random at all and has the fun bonus of actively reducing your chances to get certain things.

E.g. I've gotten a disproportionate number of scout rifles, and a real dearth of auto rifles.

It doesn't appear to be class-oriented (e.g. nudging titans toward auto rifles and shotguns to support the "in your face" notion for the class).

stb

I'll post this now to try and get 2 more: at 9:30-10pm EST I'm getting a group togther to run VoG Hard up to the templar 3 times to try and get out of the #forevernofatebringer club. Anyone interrested in joining? I need at least 2, maybe some alts if people only want to stick around for one try. Send me a friend request then I'll send out invites once we're ready.

Ugh. I wish you were doing this another night. I'm #forevernofoil, so 3x oracles would be peachy.

w2000

That shouldn't be a problem, I just sent you a friend request.

need 1 more to try and get out of #foreverNoFatebringer @10pmish EST tonight

1. Ichabod00
2. friend
3. friend
4. Bladelaw
5. theFLYINGPIGEON

I'll go if there is nobody else. PSN is w2000

Top Bottom