• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Namikaze1

I kill Swordbearer, grab sword, and wait by rock. I shout shoot but apparently I was frozen halfway towards the sword while a sword was on the field and a Swordbearer was still out on everyone else's screen.

Last night our group was having the same kind of problems at Crota. Then, we all went to orbit and had the swordbearer start the raid by himself and we joined on him to make sure he was the host. We killed him that very next run.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunk#7

Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance

Anybody else getting this? I can't sign in to anything, but nobody seems to be talking about it. I'm confused

Feorax

Managed to get my titan to 27 with an exotic helm and 3 blues. I'll probably use IB next week to get the gloves and boots, and then just run CE to get the chest.

On the plus side, he can now piggyback any kind soul willing to carry him through anything but HM CE.

Dunk#7

SOMEBODY PLEASE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME

I have every hard mode weapon, but I still lack the shotgun, machine gun, and rocket launcher from Crota's End.

Do I have a better chance to get these in normal mode? I can't find clear answers on this. I would rather just run it once on hard, but willing to do normal if it helps me in some way.

I really want the rocket launcher as a substitute for the Gjallarhorn when equipping another exotic

Rubenov

I have every hard mode weapon, but I still lack the shotgun, machine gun, and rocket launcher from Crota's End.

Do I have a better chance to get these in normal mode? I can't find clear answers on this. I would rather just run it once on hard, but willing to do normal if it helps me in some way.

I really want the rocket launcher as a substitute for the Gjallarhorn when equipping another exotic

You can only get them on normal. And you don't get loot on normal if you do hard first.

Special weapons have higher drops killing Crota in Normal mode, unlike Hard mode where primary weapons have higher drop.

Dunk#7

Special weapons have higher drops killing Crota in Normal mode, unlike Hard mode where primary weapons have higher drop.

Ok, so you don't get a specific normal drop and specific hard drop during each hard phase completion?

Seems like they should give you the drops from the normal loot table as well. Make one a normal drop and the other a hard drop.

Thought that I was done fighting Crota on HM, but realized I don't have the bike still either.

Edit: PSN seems ok, but Destiny servers are not.

EL CUCO

Ok, so you don't get a specific normal drop and specific hard drop during each hard phase completion?

Seems like they should give you the drops from the normal loot table as well.
Make one a normal drop and the other a hard drop.
It only functions that way with armor. Weapon drops are specific to their respective difficulty mode.
Normal = special/heavy
Hard = primary/crux

Rubenov

Seems like they should give you the drops from the normal loot table as well. Make one a normal drop and the other a hard drop.

THERE ARE NO SPECIAL OR HEAVY WEAPON DROPS ON HARD MODE

Yes, armor drops in normal mode first two phases while hard mode drop the pulse, the auto rifle and fusion rifle instead of armor

lunlunqq

I don't a lot of HM kills yet; but I've never had a non-primary weapon drop on HM. I believe they only drop on normal mode.

Dunk#7

Thanks for all the responses guys.

With all that info anybody up for a normal mode run?

Need 5 haha

1. Dunk7

hydruxo

THERE ARE NO SPECIAL OR HEAVY WEAPON DROPS ON HARD MODE

100877-Anchorman-I-dont-know-what-wer-kWTL.gif

border

My Nightfall reward this week was Heart of Praxic Fire.

I'm not a warlock. There wasn't even a warlock in our Nightfall group.

Is this supposed to happen? Up until now this game has never given me an Activity Reward that wasn't meant for my class. The only time I've gotten gear for other classes was from engrams.

Rubenov

Is this supposed to happen? Up until now this game has never given me an Activity Reward that wasn't meant for my class. The only time I've gotten gear for other classes was from engrams.

It definitely happens. Save it, as it is one of the rarest armor pieces of Destiny.

Lnkn52

It's a way of Bungie telling you to go build a Warlock.

Deku Tree

Exotic rewards are totally random including random class. It has always been that way. If you run all three classes then you don't worry about it.

IMO put your praxic in the vault.

Rubenov

lol, yelling about Dunk#7 disregarding my previous post, so I thought let's up the notch a bit and see if he gets it this time.

Edit: His SOMEONE PLEASE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME start of his post also led me to believe caps was his preferred communication method

ethomaz

Banned
Got nothing again.

Thanks all the guys in the fireteam.

Thanks @Mindlog... you entered in my list of the Best Swordbearer in GAF.

Need 1 for CE hard mode Xbox anybody want in?

I would but I'm at a buddy's. I'll add you as a friend in a bit if you need someone. I can solo the abyss and get across the bridge without even forming the bridge.

This applies to anyone else on X1. If you have low level and want me to solo through the Abyss feel free to hit me up this week. If you can get a couple of warlocks together we can do the bridge as well. I have a friend who plays a warlock. He would help as well.

Yes, armor drops in normal mode first two phases while hard mode drop the pulse, the auto rifle and fusion rifle instead of armor
I've gotten armor to drop in the first sections of hard mode after clearing normal first. So I believe it's possible to still get armor from a 'hard drop'. It may just be rare and weighted more towards the weapons.

Top Bottom