• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

edit: dat double post. GG to Kadey's crew that beat Bungie. Their normal CE stream was super exciting zzzzzz.... ResidentSleeper

Proof?! Or very good photoshop skills.

I don't know if I will ever have the courage to even attempt a flawless run. I can handle a failed run if someone else does it, but if I was the cause of the failed run, I would feel sick.

I know multiple people that either deleted their games or quit Destiny completely because of painful Flawless VoG wipes. This used to be true before the CE "raid" was released. You could die on Scrota and be back there in 20-25 minutes. Flawless CE is a silly joke, anyone should do it if they feel like it.

Congrats on the run, Kadey and crew.

There will probably be a flawless run going down this weekend that I'll be shepherding, so I'll let folks know what's going on with that when the time gets closer. Normal CE of course.

Thanks guys. Hard is way too random to flawless. And those teleporting knights. It requires a lot of luck.

And gatekeeper let me shoot his ass and didn't do anything to me so it was all worth it for that

Hah, nice. Do you have a link to the stream or was it live only? I'd like to see how you got up the tower at the bridge section so easily, I kept on missing the third ledge.

My HM Crota group is generating a shit ton of orbs. I'd say 15 minutes worth by Crota. Anyone have a link to this strategy they are using or care to explain it please? I'm bored out of my mind waiting on them, lol.

Edit: And they really aren't replying to my requests to explain. Our chat is fucked right now on X1.

kidko

Thanks guys. Hard is way too random to flawless. And those teleporting knights. It requires a lot of luck.

And gatekeeper let me shoot his ass and didn't do anything to me so it was all worth it for that alone.

upload_convert.gif

Presence of Dat Ass

hm not sure how many exactly, but probably 10ish. I don't get to raid very often since I have a baby and can't get that guaranteed time.

Totally understandable. I think Cosmos_Man got it in like 43 attempts or some crazy number.

I consider myself lucky since I got it at like 7 or 8 attempts. VoC however took over 20 and I still don't have Fatebringer or Corrective Measure.

cilonen

Driz can attest to our last week Atheon kill in one stream. I wish I would have saved it. And yeah. Basically all of us went Horn on him. This was the run right after I got a Hawkmoon.

Yep. We did that. That was the third run after I had reset the checkpoint by accident and we (you) went from the gorgons again IIRC :)

My HM Crota group is generating a shit ton of orbs. I'd say 15 minutes worth by Crota. Anyone have a link to this strategy they are using or care to explain it please? I'm bored out of my mind waiting on them, lol.

Edit: And they really aren't replying to my requests to explain. Our chat is fucked right now on X1.

They are seriously spending 15 minutes to generate orbs? I can't imagine that kind of time wasting, way way too many orbs.

The strat is to put orbs next to Scrota so that the sword runner can keep getting his super bar filled and use the super to do extra sword damage on each shield break. Works well enough but incredibly unnecessary.

kidko

Totally understandable. I think Cosmos_Man got it in like 43 attempts or some crazy number.

I consider myself lucky since I got it at like 7 or 8 attempts. VoC however took over 20 and I still don't have Fatebringer or Corrective Measure.

I'm not too concerned about it. Vex isn't uber like it once was anyway, and I got VoC and Fatebringer so I'm quite content with my VoG loots :)

cilonen

It's probably so the sword wielding person can go straight to super / regen health right by Crota.

We've put a few up there before but normally generate a bunch in and around the crystal room in the first phase of the encounter.

I'm not too concerned about it. Vex isn't uber like it once was anyway, and I got VoC and Fatebringer so I'm quite content with my VoG loots :)

It's still a blast in PvP. Plenty of other viable options, sure, but it's really about fun more than anything.

kidko

It's still a blast in PvP. Plenty of other viable options, sure, but it's really about fun more than anything.

ah yeah that reminds me, I still don't have a SUROS either. I have to resort to shingen with the suros perk whenever I'm working on the autorifle bounty.

CLBridges

Crota HM twice completed and still no Fang scout, still have my Hunter to run it later this week. That Bungie stream was fairly boring with a mixture of question avoidance. Kinda felt like those guys are as burned out on Destiny as some of the community expresses.

Need 2 for VoG Hard on PSN. Starting fresh, we'll wait to get the Gorgon checkpoint a few times, first come first serve anyone welcome.

PSN: mugoldeneagle03

How do I know if I Atheon HM? The App only shows me two bars

You don't, sadly. The bars don't correspond to a given loot drop, they just fill in one at a time as you complete it. So those two bars could be any of the 4 loot drops, but maybe you got Gorgon CP and then did Gate Keepers and Atheon which would be the 2 bars?

kidko

You don't, sadly. The bars don't correspond to a given loot drop, they just fill in one at a time as you complete it. So those two bars could be any of the 4 loot drops, but maybe you got Gorgon CP and then did Gate Keepers and Atheon which would be the 2 bars?

speaking of which, anyone got a gorgon CP to share? <3

Shito

I passed Truth up on the 3 times Xur has brought it, but I want it now. Not just for completionism, but because it is a PvP monster.
As a Hornless guardian, each void burn with Truth gives me a little taste of the Horn: those minotaurs this week stand no chance at all against it...

Ryck

So... scout rifle fans, which would you level-up first? A Rapier with armor piercing rounds+firefly or a Badger with explosive rounds? Seems like the Badger has more impact... But firefly though.

kidko

So... scout rifle fans, which would you level-up first? A Rapier with armor piercing rounds+firefly or a Badger with explosive rounds? Seems like the Badger has more impact... But firefly though.

I love badger but it sounds like your rapier is going to end up better in the end with those perks

Just watched the Bungie raid. It took a bit of time, but it was interesting to have a Raid designer answer some questions and talk about the philosophy behind each encounter.

They did talk about the reason behind CE not having Glimmer/XP drops and it was pretty much what you expect, they don't want people farming it. They even joked about having just spent time at Exclusion zone.
Shhhhh, they don't know about Gatekeepers apparently.

They also mentioned the Queens Wrath. Urk was at least honest and said they weren't happy with it which is why it hasn't returned. Glad to hear they felt the same way we did. Hope they go back and fix the PvE events and bring it.

Lima

Bungie stream was too good. What did they do at Deathsinger in the pit? Run past all the enemies when you are supposed to kill them.

What did they do at Ogres? Hide down in the middle and snipe them where they conveniently placed the Gatekeeper on hard. Like I'm not even mad. No one is playing this game like they intended. Not even they themselves.

^^ I didn't watch most of Bungie stream but that's pretty amazing that they used the bottom middle for Ogres, holy cow. Too funny to even be upset, like you said. Pretty obvious that lots of people are not in agreement with whoever is actually making some of these calls at Bungie.

I"m 26, but getting to 27 will take time. I need one legendary armor piece.
Hmm you're right, I'll just grind out a legendary armor piece from the vanguard vendor

Just let me know, I'm not in the game anymore but I'll be hanging around so just hit me up if you want to carry a 27 through normal CE.

:-D that makes 3 of us

I"m 26, but getting to 27 will take time. I need one legendary armor piece.
Hmm you're right, I'll just grind out a legendary armor piece from the vanguard vendor

Or a level 32 armor (using ass shards too) from iron banner next week :D

And yea like Drizz said we can easily carry you through normal Crota so you get a shot at that armor. 30 light instantly!

Top Bottom