• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Been pulling Crota normal raids with 3-4 people, it's super easy. Don't really have any use for a full fireteam :D

We almost had Flawless Crota yesterday with 4 people too, Deathsinger just snagged one of our guys. But will probably get it on the next try.

Bungie stream was too good. What did they do at Deathsinger in the pit? Run past all the enemies when you are supposed to kill them.

What did they do at Ogres? Hide down in the middle and snipe them where they conveniently placed the Gatekeeper on hard. Like I'm not even mad. No one is playing this game like they intended. Not even they themselves.

It was an interesting juxtaposition to the Raid designer comments that he felt the "best" and most fun strategies were those that utilized more open space as opposed to "boring" strategies that don't. All the Gatekeepers were convenient Space occupiers to keep you out of areas instead of doing something to make the encounter more interesting.

He did say, however, that it was "fine" for normal mode, but not for hard.

^^ I didn't watch most of Bungie stream but that's pretty amazing that they used the bottom middle for Ogres, holy cow. Too funny to even be upset, like you said. Pretty obvious that lots of people are not in agreement with whoever is actually making some of these calls at Bungie.

Urk went to the crystal room to fight off Thralls, but everyone else went down. It was hard to tell from Urk's vantage, but I think the person carrying the Ghorn also used the center platform ledge to shoot at Crota.

Ryck

I love badger but it sounds like your rapier is going to end up better in the end with those perks
Yeah thinking the same, Badger rolled with Rodeo and mulligan :-/ if it wasn't for explosive rounds I would have broken it down.

They did, but he was an inexperienced sword carrier. I think it was his first Crota kill.

EDIT: He was 31. Despite several 32's in the group.

Ahh I see. I only saw the end of the lamps where they almost wiped and 1 guy came back to rez his teammates and there were 4 ogres. Never saw that before haha.

HunRevan

I got a quite cool Badger from nf. It has firefly, armor piercing, explosive rounds, high caliber rounds and one random bullet causes additional damage perks.

Feorax

Ahh I see. I only saw the end of the lamps where they almost wiped and 1 guy came back to rez and there were 4 ogres. Never saw that before haha.

Something similar happened on a normal mode run we did the other day. I was on the rock on Ogre duty, and as I was killing one, two more were spawning in its place. I had to slow down killing them in the end because it was getting way out of hand.

Shito

They also mentioned the Queens Wrath. Urk was at least honest and said they weren't happy with it which is why it hasn't returned. Glad to hear they felt the same way we did. Hope they go back and fix the PvE events and bring it.
While I'm happy to know that they are at least talking again about Queen's Wrath, is it all what they said?
Because heck, that is already what they told us eons ago in the IB revamping weekly update. "Back to the oven" and all that. Sure will be well cooked the day it finally makes its return...

Also, you do know the real reason they made that run, right?
So that Deej has something to talk about in his weekly update. ^^
Expect a loooong convoluted story about all this.

I got a quite cool Badger from nf. It has firefly, armor piercing, explosive rounds, high caliber rounds and one random bullet causes additional damage perks.
Wicked!
I'm kinda jealous... :D

raindoc

did talk about the reason behind CE not having Glimmer/XP drops and it was pretty much what you expect, they don't want people farming it. They even joked about having just spent time at Exclusion zone.

I... They... What? Bungie doesn't want us to get points for completing the best/most fun content in the game more than once a week, but rather have us grinding checkpoints over and over?

WHAT!?

I... They... What? Bungie doesn't want us to get points for completing the best/most fun content in the game more than once a week, but rather have us grinding checkpoints over and over?

WHAT!?

They said the only Raid farming should be for the loot/mats.

Back to "We've Awoken the Hive"!!!!

Or a level 32 armor (using ass shards too) from iron banner next week :D

And yea like Drizz said we can easily carry you through normal Crota so you get a shot at that armor. 30 light instantly!

Yup, running through roc strikes right now

Valus-Valus-Valus-Sepiks-Valus-Valus-Dust palace -.-

SAiLO

Morning GAF, anyone looking to do Nightfalls/Weeklies/Raids?

I've got a bit of time to kill.

===========================

Daang! Just noticed I'm a MEMBER now! Time to pop a bottle of champagne open!!!

Skele7on

Banned
Morning guys.

Now I have my Hawkmoon ranked up enough I have a question
What's the best hunter setup for it gear/class setup?!

Played a game earlier with it, it's so beautiful!

Cheers!

gio78

Neo Member
Last night after yet another nightfall I got a legendary engram for primary weapon that turned into a Mida!
After so many months it was the first time that I got a purple engram to decrypt to something more useful than a crappy gun or shards...

Could it be that my luck has changed?

Morning guys.

Now I have my Hawkmoon ranked up enough I have a question
What's the best hunter setup for it gear/class setup?!

Played a game earlier with it, it's so beautiful!

Cheers!

Chain of Woe + Hunter gloves with fast reload speed. Knucklehead Radar is also very useful in PVP.

vctor182

Got a good haul today! 2nd nightfall with my warlock got the apotheosis veil, crota normal bridge got the hunter chest armor completing his raid set and hard light from crota! 6 shards away from making my hunter lvl 32

Skele7on

Banned
Chain of Woe + Hunter gloves with fast reload speed. Knucklehead Radar is also very useful in PVP.

Wicked cheers, I have all of that already so will give it a go tonight.

my first game I went 28-6 with it, I feel that this gun is going to be my new BFF

one shot killing a dude using fusion rifle just feels too good.

Pretty nice haul from nightfall

Thunderlord
Hawkmoon
legendary engram, turned to energy, but after hawkmoon, not even mad.....

Crota on the otherhand...
I got shards and helmet x3
on the death singer nothing but shards, including an exotic one, yup No Land Beyond....

But now I only search for Gjallahorn although considering I'm the sword bearer 100% of the time, it isn't really a major issue...

80 radiant energy......
147 radiant shards.....
Think I might finally make a Titan now as I already have gear to level them to 31.

Shito

But now I only search for Gjallahorn although considering I'm the sword bearer 100% of the time, it isn't really a major issue...
But you could do it on your own!
The first thing I'll do when I finally get my hand on a Horn will be to beg in here for a Crota CP, to try and solo him with it. :3

Skele7on

Banned
But you could do it on your own!
The first thing I'll do when I finally get my hand on a Horn will be to beg in here for a Crota CP, to try and solo him with it. :3

I could, but I'm no longer stressing it it'll come eventually.

I also plan to solo him too once I get him.

Bradach

Any tips / strategies for all the Minotaurs in the last room of the nightfall strike?

Myself and two friends have been murdered down there numerous times at this stage and its getting frustrating. They more or less one his us with their rockets and there seems to be about 6-7 of them.

our levels are 30 / 31 / 28 <--(I realise he has 40% dmg reduction but it's his highest character)

how does DGAF approach it?

Any tips / strategies for all the Minotaurs in the last room of the nightfall strike?

Myself and two friends have been murdered down there numerous times at this stage and its getting frustrating. They more or less one his us with their rockets and there seems to be about 6-7 of them.

our levels are 30 / 31 / 28 <--(I realise he has 40% dmg reduction but it's his highest character)

Kill them before you jump down. That is, IF you jump down at all.

Snipe them from up top. The boss doesn't spawn any minotaur adds during the fight, except the one at the top platform in case you don't jump down.

Stay on top, snipe all the minotaurs and the boss will drop from his perch. Shoot him with snipers, rockets and scout rifles from the ledge, all you have to is watch out for his splash damage and the ultra minotaur that will spawn behind you in at the entrance of the cave every other minute.

gio78

Neo Member

Don't go down there at all...
Snipe from above with Void and keep an eye out for the Minotaur that spawns regularly behind you.
It's quite easy that way... Also if you got a defender have him put his Weapons of Light up in a corner for extra damage

Edit: Got beaten by a few minutes... Damn :)

TheOddOne

Snipe from above with Void and keep an eye out for the Minotaur that spawns regularly behind you.
It's quite easy that way... Also if you got a defender have him put his Weapons of Light up in a corner for extra damage
Also, he drops ammo too.

Bradach

Kill them before you jump down. That is, IF you jump down at all.

Snipe them from up top. The boss doesn't spawn any minotaur adds during the fight, except the one at the top platform in case you don't jump down.

Stay on top, snipe all the minotaurs and the boss will drop from his perch. Shoot him with snipers, rockets and scout rifles from the ledge, all you have to is watch out for his splash damage and the ultra minotaur that will spawn behind you in at the entrance of the cave every other minute.

That makes sense, thanks lads.
Why didn't i think of that?! Why were we running away from one minotaur in order to fight 7??!

ocean

Banned

Don't jump down. Snipe the Minotaurs from the ledge. Sometimes they go right beneath you and it's hard to get a shot but be patient and you'll get them. Once you kill them all, the Nexus will spawn. Only two things can hurt you:

1. The Nexus' insane splash damage. Pop shots then move back to recover. If you have a Titan, Ward of Dawn is great. If you set it to create bubbles on taking damage it'll make a lot of them too.

2. Major Minotaur will spawn behind you every minute or so. Be careful because this guy can cause a wipe if you're careless. Grenade, super and special weapon him quick before he murders you, then back to hitting Nexus.

Shito

Why didn't i think of that?! Why were we running away from one minotaur in order to fight 7??!
Also, you don't need to kill all those minotaurs down there for the boss to spawn. It seems to also work on a timer of some sort, because more often than not one or two minotaurs stay "hidden" right below the platform, but the boss still comes after a little while.
I think you could even backtrack to the cave entry and wait for the "the Nexus is opening" message to pop...

Haha, I don't think most people thought of that initially. During void burn it's a horrible idea to go down there. I will actually go down if it's solar burn though.

Bradach

Don't jump down. Snipe the Minotaurs from the ledge. Sometimes they go right beneath you and it's hard to get a shot but be patient and you'll get them. Once you kill them all, the Nexus will spawn. Only two things can hurt you:

1. The Nexus' insane splash damage. Pop shots then move back to recover. If you have a Titan, Ward of Dawn is great. If you set it to create bubbles on taking damage it'll make a lot of them too.

2. Major Minotaur will spawn behind you every minute or so. Be careful because this guy can cause a wipe if you're careless. Grenade, super and special weapon him quick before he murders you, then back to hitting Nexus.
Thanks, my character is a titan so I'll make sure to turn on the 'balls on damage' thing.

gio78

Neo Member
Thought I'd ask anyway...

Anyone kind enough to give me Gorgon's CP?
I'm on my Vita at work so I'll just jump in to get the CP and die...
The rest will be done at home

Top Bottom