• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

That makes sense, thanks lads.
Why didn't i think of that?! Why were we running away from one minotaur in order to fight 7??!

yeah, if you have 3 guys, one player should always stay crouched behind that one rock and look at the tunnel to warn others about the minotaur. Kinda like an insurance policy :D

2 other players keep sniping/rocketing the boss.

Watch out for the boss' splash damage. Snipers should stay split on both sides of the opening.

Shito

yeah, if you have 3 guys, one player should always stay crouched behind that one rock and look at the tunnel to warn others about the minotaur. Kinda like an insurance policy :D

Watch out for the boss' splash damage. Snipers should stay split on both sides of the opening.
After a while, you do get the Minotaur timing down though, and can safely snipe and switch to killing the minotaurs, ad lib.
One thing I saw from GlamFM joining my weekly the other day, and something I never think of in the game, is to use the titan's blind grenades to make it even easier to handle that minotaur.

Bradach

This sounds like it'll work. I'll have a bubble setup also so the lads can jump in if things get hairy.

After a while, you do get the Minotaur timing down though, and can safely snipe and switch to killing the minotaurs, ad lib.
One thing I saw from GlamFM joining my weekly the other day, and something I never think of in the game, is to use the titan's blind grenades to make it even easier to handle that minotaur.

An excellent idea. that'll give me the time it takes to unload my RL into him before he can one hit me!

gio78

Neo Member
Thank you for the CP DeathJR!

Lag was terrible, this is why I jumped in and died... Wouldn't want to keep you waiting forever until I make the jump...

:)

Feorax

Great run guys, thanks for letting me tag along.

Got Titan boots, so if I get the IB gloves next week, then all I need is chest pieces on my hunter and titan to hit 32 on both. Crazy to think I could actually have 3 level 32's by the time House of Wolves drops.

EDIT: and it must be said, Ruthless was brilliant for a first-time swordbearer.

Great run guys, thanks for letting me tag along.

EDIT: and it must be said, Ruthless was brilliant for a first-time swordbearer.

Thanks, didn't realize how much pressure there is on the sword bearer until I tried it myself.

Now if someone can share a normal crota checkpoint with me, I'll try and solo him :p

gio78

Neo Member
Getting a hard mode Gorgons CP you ask with your newly created character that has not even finished normal mode is simply fkn priceless...

Respect to DeathJR for putting up with me and giving again the CP!

The greatest enemy on Void Nexus is not the Minotaur's, or the Nexus himself but the one goblin that rushes you with a Minotaur cannon half way through.

I have wiped more because of that guy more than anything else.

The greatest enemy on Void Nexus is not the Minotaur's, or the Nexus himself but the one goblin that rushes you with a Minotaur cannon half way through.

I have wiped more because of that guy more than anything else.

Why are you even fighting that goblin? Just jump over the pillars and fall down to the cave opening, the next wave of goblins won't even spawn.

The only goblins you have to fight in this strike are the ones on the cliff, just before the boss. Don't bother with the goblins, hobgoblins, minotaurs or harpies in the previous room.

Why are you even fighting that goblin? Just jump over the pillars and fall down to the cave opening, the next wave of goblins won't even spawn.

The only goblins you have to fight in this strike are the ones on the cliff, just before the boss. Don't bother with the goblins, hobgoblins, minotaurs or harpies in the previous room.

Where do you mean? Hiding behind the cave under where you drop?

Nuszka

Wanted to watch recorded broadcast from last nights dads of destiny stream but realized they played CE on normal. Was it not supposed to be on hard ? Have only seen the abyss part which looked very scrubby. Anyway, was any new info mentioned from devs about the game during the stream ?

Deku Tree

Regarding that...

Reddit Post said:
(Edit: other posters are saying Devs confirmed there are still hidden, unfound, chests in VoG and included link to stream and timestamp to when it was said. Cannot verify at the moment because wife is asleep haha)

Is this BS? I can't find any such links in the comments of the reddit post in question? Are there still undiscovered chests in the VoG that developers have confirmed??? I need to know!!!! If it's true do you have a link to a Bungie dev video with a timestamp?

noomi

Regarding that...

Is this BS? I can't find any such links in the comments of the reddit post in question? Are there still undiscovered chests in the VoG that developers have confirmed??? I need to know!!!! If it's true do you have a link to a video with a timestamp?

I missed that comment, just saw the thread this morning. Even if there are chests that aren't found, if we haven't found them by now I really doubt anyone ever will. Plus what could possible be in them? more ASCEND SHARDS :|

Thanks noomi.

:)

Cool, thanks for posting this, will check later.

I like these notes:

phatskat [score hidden] 16 minutes ago
Roughly formatted

Abyss: Ran lamp to lamp. Used a lot of bubbles. Made it to the plate with little opposition. No one stood on rocks to avoid Thrall. While defending plate all but 1 Warlock died. He ran hallway to the light then killed adds and ran back to revive dead people on the plate despite them telling him to just go. He either raised another guy or other dude finally popped radiance (hard to tell which with stream quality) and they ran to the end.

Dev notes:

It took a lot of trial and error tinkering to get the thrall spawn timers right.
They noted how 1 player can screw the team by starting a lamp early and stated they like that mechanic and we can expect more like it in the future.
Bridge:

They did it legit (obv) sending 1 person at a time. Nothing real noteworthy add it's a pretty straightforward strategy. Only a couple deaths which were swiftly recovered from.
Dev Notes:

Encounter was designed so everyone must learn to use sword.
Designed with everyone having their opportunity to shine in mind.
Thrallway:

They get 1 guy into chest room before door closes.
Dev Notes:

This was purposely designed to be like Indiana Jones and they originally planned to force you to slide under a door.
Ir Yut: They used 3 in both boomer tower strategy. Pulled the wizards by running in and out. Killed wizards, killed shriekers, then downed Ir Yut before the liturgy started.

Dev Notes:

This encounter was designed to be a gear check before fighting Crota.
No one asked, and devs didn't explain, why you have to kill dozens of adds after she's downed.
Crota: They cleared the starting room and used the left side strategy. They had a 31 (Warlock?) run the sword. It took them 5 swords to finish crota. 2 downs per sword. So yes they had to deal with ogres twice. For ogres all went in bottom room except one who stayed in crystal room and killed Thralls. During 2nd ogre phase someone died and they dealt with oversoul. Crota nearly enraged but they killed him slightly before he did so.

Dev Notes:

There are gatekeepers above the crystal room because the designer didn't want people up there.
The designers don't want people playing the raid in ways that are "inherently boring"
They are aware of the sword disappearing glitch and others and are as annoyed by them as we are. They are working in fixes.
Other Dev Notes:

It was by design that Crota's End is swiftly paced "like an action movie" in contrast to VoGs frequent pace changes.
They avoided answering whether everything had been discovered in VoG quoting something DeeJ said about them answering that question being tantamount to ruining the end of a movie for someone. (Edit: other posters are saying Devs confirmed there are still hidden, unfound, chests in VoG and included link to stream and timestamp to when it was said. Cannot verify at the moment because wife is asleep haha)
There are different teams working on different things at Bungie so just because the weapon update is getting attention didn't mean that the raid bugs aren't also being worked on. They assured they were working on them.
Queen's Wrath still needs a lot of work. Seemed they were implying not to expect it anytime soon (probably not before HoW).
They do have events planned for before the DLC launch although they didn't give details as to what.

Deku Tree

I missed that comment, just saw the thread this morning. Even if there are chests that aren't found, if we haven't found them by now I really doubt anyone ever will. Plus what could possible be in them? more ASCEND SHARDS :|

Yeah probably that's right unless it's a chest that drops exotics then it's likely not very interesting... and given the massive number of people who have looked for another chest if there is another chest then it's unlock process is probably so convoluted that it's totally crazy... I am really just calling BS on the comment in the reddit thread...

...and/or I am interested in knowing if anyone knows how to read reddit threads better than me and can find a direct link to a comment that links to a video and gives a timestamp for a bungie developer saying that there are chest(s) that we have not found yet in the VoG (with a video timestamp after all known chests had already been found).

Top Bottom