• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Lnkn52

Yeah probably that's right unless it's a chest that drops exotics then it's likely not very interesting... and given the massive number of people who have looked for another chest if there is another chest then it's unlock process is probably so convoluted that it's totally crazy... I am really just calling BS on the comment in the reddit thread...

...and/or I am interested in knowing if anyone knows how to read reddit threads better than me and can find a direct link to a comment that links to a video and gives a timestamp for a bungie developer saying that there are chest(s) that we have not found yet in the VoG (with a video timestamp after all known chests had already been found).

its mentioned 53:58

LiK

Yes, they were two 31s and the rest of them 32, apparently.
I suppose they wanted to make something in between normal mode and hard mode? ^^

huh, bizarre. thought they went NM to save time but they extended the fight by using a 31 for sword. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Homeboyd

Yeah probably that's right unless it's a chest that drops exotics then it's likely not very interesting... and given the massive number of people who have looked for another chest if there is another chest then it's unlock process is probably so convoluted that it's totally crazy... I am really just calling BS on the comment in the reddit thread...

...and/or I am interested in knowing if anyone knows how to read reddit threads better than me and can find a direct link to a comment that links to a video and gives a timestamp for a bungie developer saying that there are chest(s) that we have not found yet in the VoG (with a video timestamp after all known chests had already been found).
Nah I heard him say it too. The reason it's hard to find is because they at first said they weren't going to answer the question (are there more chests in vog), but then after a delay, someone (think it was urk), randomly says "yes." Think they even talk about something else in between.. I'll try to find the time stamp. It's around the crota encounter.

noomi

Slightly off-topic question... but I am in the market for a PS4 headset.... the official ps4 gold wireless headset looks pretty awesome.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Shito

huh, bizarre. thought they went NM to save time but they extended the fight by using a 31 for sword. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, beats me.
Maybe they saw they had no wipe and gave it a try, to recreate the conditions at which most people had to beat him the first time? Dunno...

Haven't watched the stream, but 5 swords with 2 downs each, that probably means there were some fuck ups somewhere, no?
Only ran CE once, with friends with no Horn or really good heavy, so we had to settle on playing it safe with only 1 down per sword because we couldn't down his shield quick enough. It took us 5 swords with me being 32 because I fucked up one R2 that left him with a sliver of health on the 4th one. One level difference means 30% damage, am I right? So it should take less than 4 swords with 2 downs each to take him down with a level 31, or am I mistaking myself here?

Deku Tree

its mentioned 53:58

Nah I heard him say it too. The reason it's hard to find is because they at first said they weren't going to answer the question (are there more chests in vog), but then after a delay, someone (think it was urk), randomly says "yes." Think they even talk about something else in between.. I'll try to find the time stamp. It's around the crota encounter.

Wow... I just listened to Urk say that there are indeed undiscovered chests in the VoG at that time stamp on the stream... given the massive number of people who have explored every corner of the VoG and tried every conceivable different thing in order to look for chests and unlock chests if there really are undiscovered chests in the VoG it must be either in some crazy hard to find place or have some ridiculously convoluted unlock process or both...

Lnkn52

Slightly off-topic question... but I am in the market for a PS4 headset.... the official ps4 gold wireless headset looks pretty awesome.

It's been my first set of headsets so my opinion can be very bias. I think they are great. Plus with the PS app (the equalizer) it makes some games sound better. Plus, I'm not spending over $100 for gaming headsets.

Deku Tree

Sony Gold Headset is fantastic. Love mine. Would never go to anything else.

E92 M3

Does it make me sound weird that I think Comet will be overwhelming? So much to find, level up, and do. HoW might have a lot of shit too.

Another full HM VoG clear, another jack fucking shit. Seriously game. I still need VoC, timepiece, fate, vex.. So many options yet I get nothing but shards/energy.

LiK

Does it make me sound weird that I think Comet will be overwhelming? So much to find, level up, and do. HoW might have a lot of shit too.

I don't think there will be a lot of content or changes mainly because of the cross-gen issue. not sure they can do a lot by being hampered by the older consoles.

noomi

It's been my first set of headsets so my opinion can be very bias. I think they are great. Plus with the PS app (the equalizer) it makes some games sound better. Plus, I'm not spending over $100 for gaming headsets.

Sony Gold Headset is fantastic. Love mine. Would never go to anything else.

Awesome guys thanks, they have them in stock in my store here so I can go pick one up during lunch. I only wish that it was bluetooth since the ps4 only has 2 usb ports in the front.

I've been using a cheap vita in-ear headset and it's pretty terrible, I need to step it up hehe.

Heard some complaints about the mic quality not being too great, any truth to this?

Lnkn52

Awesome guys thanks, they have them in stock in my store here so I can go pick one up during lunch. I only wish that it was bluetooth since the ps4 only has 2 usb ports in the front.

I've been using a cheap vita in-ear headset and it's pretty terrible, I need to step it up hehe.

Heard some complaints about the mic quality not being too great, any truth to this?

It is still bluetooth via that usb. Haven't had any complaints from my friends about the mic quality.

gio78

Neo Member

Headset is perfect also in my opinion.

I got some complaints in the beginning about the mic but when i turned it up a notch (near 75%) nobody complained again...

gold headset are really nice and great for the price. However they break really easily from what I heard.

Omni

Another hard Crota down earlier and nothing.

Can't get this stupid pistol. Why does it keep giving me scout rifles? I thought they changed how drops worked. Bleeeeeh.

rNilla

I'm not sure why so many people are obsessed with the fact that the Bungie stream was on Normal and that they did not min/max all aspects of the raid. That wasn't the point of the stream. It wasn't a speed run, it was a casual, fun romp through the raid with a lot of discussion and some interesting info along the way.

Anyway, a couple other things they talked about last night that I didn't see mentioned were:

1) Urk again reiterated "don't believe the slide" in reference to the Comet slide--they have things planned over the coming weeks and months but will not talk about them until they are ready to do so (not much info here, just vagueness so don't let that stop you from endless speculation).

2) in reference to bugs, Bungie has many different teams that are assigned to different aspects of the game. Just because they are buffing and nerfing weapons, for instance, doesn't mean they aren't working on other bugs like the CE issues and heavy ammo bug--these different issues are the responsibility of different teams and it takes time to fix bugs and make sure it's done right.

noomi

I think it´s perfect.

You wont be disappointed.

It is still bluetooth via that usb. Haven't had any complaints from my friends about the mic quality.

Headset is perfect also in my opinion.

I got some complaints in the beginning about the mic but when i turned it up a notch (near 75%) nobody complained again...

gold headset are really nice and great for the price. However they break really easily from what I heard.

Well then, that's that. Going to pick it up during my lunch break. Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Another hard Crota down earlier and nothing.

Can't get this stupid pistol. Why does it keep giving me scout rifles? I thought they changed how drops worked. Bleeeeeh.

Dude, I've gotten 5 Words of Crota and zero Fangs. All I need left is the Fang. It gave me the useless Crux before it gave me a Fang :/.

Lnkn52

I'm okay with the downtime that this game is going to obviously have these coming weeks. It's okay for the community to be mad at Bungie for letting this happen but we as the community should be fighting each other for Bungie's own doing.

Shito

1) Urk again reiterated "don't believe the slide" in reference to the Comet slide--they have things planned over the coming weeks and months but will not talk about them until they are ready to do so (not much info here, just vagueness so don't let that stop you from endless speculation).

2) in reference to bugs, Bungie has many different teams that are assigned to different aspects of the game. Just because they are buffing and nerfing weapons, for instance, doesn't mean they aren't working on other bugs like the CE issues and heavy ammo bug--these different issues are the responsibility of different teams and it takes time to fix bugs and make sure it's done right.
The point from that great Eurogamer article applies here again: why the hell are they talking about these kind of things in a stream rather than officially on their webpage?
They are still stuck in an "offline game" mentality when it comes to dealing with the communication around that game, and that's not how you handle an online game at all. I don't expect to hear every and any plan they have for the game, but you think they could at least mention that they are working on new content being introduced before the next DLC in one of those weekly updates.

I'm not sure why so many people are obsessed with the fact that the Bungie stream was on Normal and that they did not min/max all aspects of the raid. That wasn't the point of the stream. It wasn't a speed run, it was a casual, fun romp through the raid with a lot of discussion and some interesting info along the way.

Anyway, a couple other things they talked about last night that I didn't see mentioned were:

Regarding 1: I 100% believe the slide. I also think they will change their plans so they don't confirm the slide tho.

Regarding 2: I think most are angry because they usually don't acknowledge the bugs. I think this is the first time someone from bungie said they know about the sword disappearing glitch. Was it not? Instead they keep "updating" us with stuff no one is asking for.

Deku Tree

They also answered a question at about 51m that I think was obvious but that I have never heard a Bungie Dev answer before and that didn't make it into any of the summaries...

Why no EXP in the raid? Because endless streams of enemies and we don't want the raid to be an glimmer and EXP farming zone... Duh...
VoG GK glimmer farm nerf incoming... lolz.... j/k

rNilla

The point from that great Eurogamer article applies here again: why the hell are they talking about these kind of things in a stream rather than officially on their webpage?
They are still stuck in an "offline game" mentality when it comes to dealing with the communication around that game, and that's not how you handle an online game at all. I don't expect to hear every and any plan they have for the game, but you think they could at least mention that they are working on new content being introduced before the next DLC in one of those weekly updates.

Regarding 2: I think most are angry because they usually don't acknowledge the bugs. I think this is the first time someone from bungie said they know about the sword disappearing glitch. Was it not? Instead they keep "updating" us with stuff no one is asking for.

Agreed. I think Bungie's biggest fault with respect to bugs, or even in general, is a lack of communication. I think they even acknowledged this on the stream, the fact that they generally choose to remain quiet about these things. On the rare occasion that we get a post on GAF, or reddit, or someone talking on a stream, we are given a reasonable explanation and good information. This should happen more often and in the weekly update. I think some communication about issues would go a long way to reassuring players and lessening the madness, even if it still takes a long time to actually resolve these issues.

rNilla

They also answered a question at about 51m that I think was obvious but that I have never heard a Bungie Dev answer before and that didn't make it into any of the summaries...

Why no EXP in the raid? Because endless streams of enemies and we don't want the raid to be an glimmer and EXP farming zone... Duh...
VoG GK glimmer farm nerf incoming... lolz.... j/k

Yes that's right. They even teased one of the guys because he was at the Exclusion Zone before they started the raid.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think it's shitty that they aren't updating the Pulse Elite headsets. I am not going to buy the gold just because it's new and shiny. I have a Pulse Elite and it's pretty good.

tick221

Anyone have issues with thralls spawning at odd times in HM Crota kill last night? We were trucking along and on 2 occasions thralls would spawn in the crystal room after the first sword rotation and proceed to slash the shit out of us on the ledge. This happened whether we hid on the ledge or ran back to the room in between rotations. I've only ever seen them spawn at enrage so this was a little frustrating.

I think it's shitty that they aren't updating the Pulse Elite headsets. I am not going to buy the gold just because it's new and shiny. I have a Pulse Elite and it's pretty good.
The structure quality is plastic. From what I read up, most users are speaking they tend to break within a year or so. I know a certain milk that has his gold headset break just by putting them on. And he had them for less then 6 months.

Top Bottom