• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

RNG is nothing new but I wish they'd handle it a bit better. They should look to games like WoW for some tips on how to RNG a bit better, and progression in general...

Do you guys believe that all our RNG is pre determined when the character is born?

Why do I have good luck with Armor, but not weapons from the raid? Why do those who have unicorn weapons keep getting them over and over.

The last two times I've done normal Crota, the Gatekeeper has been up on the third floor moaning and groaning and futzing with my radar. I didn't believe it when people said this happened during the first week of Crota. Is this a more normal occurrence since the patch?

Steroyd

Yeah only seen nova but not as effective as the gunslinger my understanding is nova will only take out shield.

I think if you use shatter, and that explosion perk you can take out the shield and the person/people inside, I know I've done that before.

E92 M3

Do you guys believe that all our RNG is pre determined when the character is born?

Why do I have good luck with Armor, but not weapons from the raid? Why do those who have unicorn weapons keep getting them over and over.

I do think there are certain predetermined seeds with biased outcomes. No way is it completely random. There have been too many examples pointing against that.

Surprise no one has avatar quote you before :p

lol

OT5 and 6 titles were changed mid-thread.

edit "Patch me like one of your French girls," then changed to "Lock" when the thread was closed. It was the planetary materials patch
Broke my heart to see my thread title suggestion changed by mods after the loot cave patch. :-(

Looks like you have a 1/3 probability to get an exotic drop from Ir Yut. Then the Weighted probability it being a vanilla exotics looks like 5% each. Probability of DLC exotics dropping looks like 20% each. Lolz.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ic_drop_probabilities_at_ir_yut_are_weighted/
I got Gjallarhorn from Ir Yut, very lucky indeed.

Namikaze1

Sorry about that guardian, I tried to remove it as quickly as possible. Last thing I want to do is get banned from gaf for posting something :(

*edit*

it was nami! he posted the larger gif *grabs pitchfork* get him!!!! Also his name is too similar to mine... GET HIM!!!! <3 nami :)
You have no proof!

RetroMG

I need to do homework, but all I really want to do is go take my new Black Hammer for a spin on some strikes.. Decisions, decisions.

ich00

I'll go if there is nobody else. PSN is w2000

I'll throw you down as an alt in case someone else wants to jump in or bails out

anyone else want a shot to get out of #foreverNoFatebringer @10pmish EST tonight, plan on doing it 3 times.

PS4: Ichabod00

1. Me
2. friend
3. friend
4. Bladelaw
5. theFLYINGPIGEON

Alt1. w2000

SkylineRKR

lmao Plan C is the only Exotic I got from Ir Yut so far and it was my third or 4th Plan C in total.

But drop rates seems to be bound to your account. I am sitting on 3 Gjallarhorns and 2 Ice Breakers, bought none from Xur. But I never gotten Thunderlord, Hawkmoon and Hard Light ever. All those Horns dropped within 4 weeks space.

Like with Heavy weapons, 3 Gjallarhorn, 4x Truth, 0 TL. Also a few from Heavy weapon engrams. That seems to be more than just RNG.

From nightfall I hardly ever get an exotic weapon. But I got every single Hunter piece out there from it (Don't touch Me was last week for example, Alpha Lupi at Vaulus no burn, Radiant Dance machines around x-mas, Third man and knucklehead back to back during TDB week). RNG? I dunno man.

cilonen

Thirty Two get.

Two weeks ago I'd lucked into playing the bridge section of Crota HM with a great group who didn't mind me tagging along, came away with raid boots and thought "ah lovely, at least I have one piece of the top end gear as a reward to remember."

Two weeks later and I've survived the trial by fire that was a combined 8-9 hours on scrota, met some awesome players and thoroughly cool people and hit 32.

Thanks DGAF, you guys rock.

I'll post this now to try and get 2 more: at 9:30-10pm EST I'm getting a group togther to run VoG Hard up to the templar 3 times to try and get out of the #forevernofatebringer club. Anyone interrested in joining? I need at least 2, maybe some alts if people only want to stick around for one try. Send me a friend request then I'll send out invites once we're ready.

PS4: Ichabod00

1. Ichabod00
2. friend
3. friend
4. Bladelaw
I'd like to do this but am not sure I'll be home in time. If I am, and you're still looking, I'm In!

somehow the game just starts Roc Strikes for me now as solo strikes and I get no mates.

That's a new one

I had this happen when I was downloading something on my PC at the same time. Once I paused the download everything was cool.

It had to be related because I joined 3 straight roc strikes and it happened each time until I killed the d/l.

Are you still looking to do HM Crota?

Not finding a lot of people. If we can find more here, yeah.

Not picking up people who ask if we all have Gjallarhorns, glowhoo, 32s, etc on LFG though.

Yeah, I have a Gjallarhorn, glowhoo, etc. But asking all of that just tells me you're awful and need a perfect team to clear.

So, who knows. Might just do FFXIV for now and finish leveling my White Mage. :p

Deku Tree

So Trials of Osiris is happening.

Yeah that's what I was thinking:

Wait... so Deej @ Bungie just posed a video of someone else talking about the "Trials of Osiris" (see my previous post)... so is this the first time they area acknowledging it? Could this be the "event" that they try to use next to bridge the gap for now of "things to do"?

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Rides-with-MoreConsole/en/News/News?aid=12554

Bungie Rides with MoreConsole
by DeeJ

Friday, February 6th
1:00 - 3:00 PM Pacific
Venus Patrol Walking Tour

What secrets lurk in those lush jungles? What origin stories can we mine from the terrain? Blake will lead us on an architectural tour through a living warzone. The Vex won't likely cease their efforts to destroy us, so we'll just have to clear the area while we enjoy the scenery.

Join us for some stories and mayhem!

Top Bottom