• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Deku Tree

At around the 1:02m mark Urk discusses how they are not talking about things they're planning to do in the future anymore because in the past they talked too much about things they were excited to be planning to do in the future and a lot of players got upset when their plans changed and things they talked about didn't happen exactly as they said they would...

...so it sounds like there was a law laid down at Bungie at some point that you don't talk what your planning until it is set in stone and you are authorized to talk about it by the powers that be...

PuMa

The structure quality is plastic. From what I read up, most users are speaking they tend to break within a year or so. I know a certain milk that has his gold headset break just by putting them on. And he had them for less then 6 months.

I've had mine since release and see no issues with quality. They seem nice and sturdy to me.

LiK

At around the 1:02m mark Urk discusses how they are not talking about things they're planning to do in the future anymore because in the past they talked too much about things they were excited to be planning to do in the future and a lot of players got upset when they're plans changed and things they talked about didn't happen exactly as they said they would...

...so it sounds like there was a law laid down at Bungie at some point that you don't talk what your planning until it is set in stone and you are authorized to talk about it by the powers that be...

hah, it's already vague enough with what they tell us. I guess people should not expect much.

Deku Tree

Ok I am about to turn on my PS4 and do the daily 3x right now.
Jump in if you want to do the Daily 30 too.
Fireteam will be set to public.
PS4 DekuBleep

boofa

Neo Member
Anyone have issues with thralls spawning at odd times in HM Crota kill last night? We were trucking along and on 2 occasions thralls would spawn in the crystal room after the first sword rotation and proceed to slash the shit out of us on the ledge. This happened whether we hid on the ledge or ran back to the room in between rotations. I've only ever seen them spawn at enrage so this was a little frustrating.

I don't think they're spawning there, at least not when it happened to my group a few times. I think when people are shooting at them in the pit area, some of them run up the stairs and into the room. Then they get to hit you through the glass because Bungie.

I've had mine since release and see no issues with quality. They seem nice and sturdy to me.

Each are different like always :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757175 here is a link to the thread if anyone want an overall view. They are good, but I can understand what some posters are saying about the quality of the plastic.

edit: and not trying to say the gold headset are negative in any sense. trying to give an overall opinion. Both the positives and negatives :p Personally I have no issues with mine, but if something does happen and they break out of nowhere, it would not surprise me

PuMa

Each are different like always :)

Very true. I've never had any really high end headphones, but I'd call these middle of the road in terms of build quality, I suppose. The sound quality is awesome (I use the Destiny custom audio setting). For the price, I think they're a great buy.

I'm not sure why so many people are obsessed with the fact that the Bungie stream was on Normal and that they did not min/max all aspects of the raid. That wasn't the point of the stream. It wasn't a speed run, it was a casual, fun romp through the raid with a lot of discussion and some interesting info along the way.

It's because people want karmic retribution. They want to see the devs experience and be frustrated by the same bugs that have plagued their own community and see how they react to it. Similar reason why they/we want to see them stream a Nightfall with brutal burns on. They want to see if they cheese it just like everyone else since the alternative is often suicide.

The slide is already wrong though. It lists March 10 as the release of House of Wolves.

They changed it after people reacted to whats was in Crota's End?

I don't care about the delay tho, I just want a awesome raid. Take as long as you need but give me an awesome raid.

noomi

Xur Wishlist for tomorrow:

- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Mida Multitool
- Red Death (upgrade)
- Bad Juju (upgrade)

anything else is poo

tick221

- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Mida Multitool
- Red Death (upgrade)
- Bad Juju (upgrade)

anything else is poo

- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Heavy Ammo Synth
Mida
Red Death
- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Heavy Ammo Synth

void666

Banned
My gold headset broke after a few months.
It's comfortable. Sound quality is ok. But it's made of plastic.
Mine cracked on the left side.
I can't use both hands to take it off my head. I usually lift up the left side first.
My old pulse elite is also cracked on its plastic parts.

My next headset won't be a sony one. That's for sure.

boofa

Neo Member
I scored Ruin Wings from the only engram I could afford last week, so I want St14 and MIDA or Thunderlord, but most of all I want HEAVY AMMO SYNTH!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In light of the discussion yesterday I did a simple test and I would love it if someone could clarify the results.

Rocket launched at Major Ogre without and with Weapons of Light

This is a Gjallarhorn pre-Wolfpack rounds unlock, so it's just firing the one rocket.

Each rocket impact seems to generate two damage numbers. I'd never noticed this before, but I tried on a Hallowed Knight as well and witnessed the same thing, so it's not unique to Ogres.

On the first (non-WoL) shot, these numbers are 2909 and 916.
On the second (with WoL), these numbers are 2909 (no change obviously) and 1236 (33% increase, in accordance with WoL + Illuminated).

Does anyone know what these two numbers reflect? My guess would be that one is the impact of the projectile for directly hitting a target and one is splash damage that would affect anything in the blast radius. I'm particularly interested to observe the damage numbers done by Wolfpack Rounds in controlled conditions now... half a bubble to go on two different Gjallys >_<

In any event while the buff does not apply to the total damage output as with other weapon classes, rockets do nevertheless benefit in some capacity from Weapons of Light.

Omni

If Xur doesn't have heavy ammo this week I'm done with all the raids. I refuse to grind exclusion zone.

Dude, I've gotten 5 Words of Crota and zero Fangs. All I need left is the Fang. It gave me the useless Crux before it gave me a Fang :/.
I'm at like 6 scout rifles or something ridiculous. Got the Crux in the second week too.

I guess it kinda evens out. But still. I want that pistol! Haha.

In light of the discussion yesterday I did a simple test and I would love it if someone could clarify the results.

Rocket launched at Major Ogre without and with Weapons of Light

This is a Gjallarhorn pre-Wolfpack rounds unlock, so it's just firing the one rocket.

Each rocket impact seems to generate two damage numbers. I'd never noticed this before, but I tried on a Hallowed Knight as well and witnessed the same thing, so it's not unique to Ogres.

On the first (non-WoL) shot, these numbers are 2909 and 916.
On the second (with WoL), these numbers are 2909 (no change obviously) and 1236 (33% increase, in accordance with WoL + Illuminated).

Does anyone know what these two numbers reflect? My guess would be that one is the impact of the projectile for directly hitting a target and one is splash damage that would affect anything in the blast radius. I'm particularly interested to observe the damage numbers done by Wolfpack Rounds in controlled conditions now... half a bubble to go on two different Gjallys >_<

In any event while the buff does not apply to the total damage output as with other weapon classes, rockets do nevertheless benefit in some capacity from Weapons of Light.

Rockets have a physical damage for the impact of the weapon the same way physical grenades do.

Basically the rocket itself is doing X damage, and then the explosion is causing Y damage. It's been like that since the beta.

Kor jumped into my Daily and the final room wouldn't load any enemies until Kor fully loaded in...

Sorry. :(

How many of you guys still haven't gotten a mythoclast?

I'm almost of the opinion that I'll never get one.

- Heavy Ammo Synth
- Red Death
- Mida Multitool (upgrade)
- Bad Juju (upgrade)

anything else is poo
Fixed that more to my desires. While I wouldn't mind another MIDA for my Titan, I'm ready to spend my coins on a weapon I don't have yet and have actually rarely seen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Rockets have a physical damage for the impact of the weapon the same way physical grenades do.

Basically the rocket itself is doing X damage, and then the explosion is causing Y damage. It's been like that since the beta.
Fair assuming the smaller number is the explosion damage, right? Either way, it reflects 24% of the total damage done by each rocket to a single target without WoL, or 30% of the total damage done with it, so I don't think it's fair to say that rockets don't benefit from Weapons of Light.

realcZk

Fair assuming the smaller number is the explosion damage, right? Either way, it reflects 24% of the total damage done by each rocket to a single target without WoL, or 30% of the total damage done with it, so I don't think it's fair to say that rockets don't benefit from Weapons of Light.

What about wolfpack rounds?

Don't they do initial damage then detonation damage later? Wonder if WoL applies to the detonation or both, never paid attention.

ERMint13

Kor jumped into my Daily and the final room wouldn't load any enemies until Kor fully loaded in...

This actually happened to me yesterday. Someone on my friend list dropped and the room wouldn't load.

I actually started to backtrack thinking I missed something to trigger the spawn. As soon as he dropped they spawned.

Top Bottom