• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

rNilla

It was also countered in the game chat itself (probably by one of the DoD members) that the whole team needs to have a global priority list, and fixing end-game bugs should be on top of that list irrespective of the fragmented nature of the team. I'm pretty damn sure they pulled people from all departments to fix the glitches that benefited players asap before launching HM Crota, so obviously people are asking why is it taking so damn long to fix stuff that infuriate players.

As I've said before I imagine it's easier to modify death zones and invisible walls in a specific area than it is to mess with the player character creation system that affects every perk of every item in the game. Granted, to some extent the complexity doesn't matter because consumers don't care (and they shouldn't necessarily). They just know it doesn't work and want it fixed. That's why it's vital to openly communicate and set expectations.

One of the devs said there is no global priority list but I imagine even if such a thing did exist it would not change the fact that it will take that team whatever amount of time it takes for them to address the issue and verify it didn't break everything else. I think they know how frustrating and important it is because it's all anyone ever talks about. However, rushing bug fixes is only going to lead to greater issues.

Shito

lol. I'll get my friend to keep and eye out for it, he's very fond of the scout rifles.
It's a really good exotic.
Not the greatest impact possible for a scout rifle, but it has a perk that adds weight to the bullets, so that you can keep your targets stun-locked while shooting at them. It also fires as fast as you can press the trigger, AND it has an agility bonus.
Really solid weapon.

Lnkn52

8MQpbAy.jpg

Shito

As I've said before I imagine it's easier to modify death zones and invisible walls in a specific area than it is to mess with the player character creation system that affects every perk of every item in the game. Granted, to some extent the complexity doesn't matter because consumers don't care (and they shouldn't necessarily). They just know it doesn't work and want it fixed. That's why it's vital to openly communicate and set expectations.

One of the devs said there is no global priority list but I imagine even if such a thing did exist it would not change the fact that it will take that team whatever amount of time it takes for them to address the issue and verify it didn't break everything else. I think they know how frustrating and important it is because it's all anyone ever talks about. However, rushing bug fixes is only going to lead to greater issues.
We're in the sixth month of this game's release.
As a game developer with more than 10 years of experience, I can assure you that the vast majority of the bugs people are angry about don't take 6 months to fix. ^^
Some of them can reveal tricky, yeah, I can very well understand that, but not "6 months long" tricky, especially when you have a 100% reproduction step.

I didn't have it unlocked to test ;_; Most likely tonight, if I play outside of the newbie raid.

Speaking of which, there are still spots open for tonight's newbie raid, CE Normal. Sign up here! - 9:00PM EST

Remember these runs are open to anyone, feel free to join as long as you're patient and don't mind a casual run :)

I guess that would make sense in terms of WoL not applying to the explosion. Appreciate the info.
I signed up, even though I did VoG last week. Feel free to bump me for an actual newbie. :)

I've heard that hive disruptor screws up Phantom Gift on the Word of Crota like on the Black Hammer, but I get it to work on the Ogres and the yellow Knights at the end of hard mode. Is it because it's counting shots in between the disruptor cooldown?

Namikaze1

bbe.png

Note: pic may be from Zelda but it is not related to the launch of the Majora's Mask 3D. It's for something else that was supposed to happened in December but didn't due to car troubles.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So how funny will it be if Xur doesn't have heavy synth tomorrow? He'll go from being a major disappointment to being a pathetic joke.

LordofPwn

week 23. ~600 hours in. Still no Hardlight. 2 or 3 exotics from purple engrams. no praxic fire. no 4th horseman, no swordbreaker, no timepiece. 7 Mythoclasts. 4 Dragons Breath. and at least 2 of every other exotic weapon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
week 23. ~600 hours in. Still no Hardlight. 2 or 3 exotics from purple engrams. no praxic fire. no 4th horseman, no swordbreaker, no timepiece. 7 Mythoclasts. 4 Dragons Breath. and at least 2 of every other exotic weapon.
I have no idea how the RNG works, since this week I managed to complete the Exotic weapons collection and I've been playing since the beginning as well. I'm actually surprised.

patchday

Finally unlocked the final perk on that gun last night. It's renewed my interest in ARs. Also recently got Abyss Defiant as well that I need to level up

The key to getting these guns is not know anything bout them I guess. Because I knew nothing bout Hard Light before it dropped beyond it was an AR

He just said that he wouldn't want to comment on that and used some movie analogy implying that it would be a spoiler if he said yes or no.

I find it kind of funny they won't say anything about it. VoG is all but useless except for a shot at exotics, and they tried to leave it for dead with not upgrading the loot table to drop new exotics exotics because people complained. How long will it be until its not a "spoiler" anymore?

Deku Tree

Skele7on

Banned
Next Tuesday being my Birthday I expect decent loot...

I will be on during the day for a bit before a job interview and out for a meal in an evening!

Would love to play with you dudes again!

Top Bottom