• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I'm coming in, just switching at the tower.

Kind of just let myself into the raid, but thanks for not kicking me out lol

Glad I didn't fuck up being the swordbearer either...was only my second time on hard doing it.

WipedOut

Only two weapons left to get. Horn and crux. Need to get my Newley minted titan to 31 this weekend, have enough shards just need Xur to bring a titan exotic chest or arms this weekend.

Anyone for AtheonX3?

This is getting pathetic. I have never had an issue making groups here. Wow.
I'm generally available in the evenings US Central time around 8pm. I think the college kids on winter break spoiled a lot of people.

I remember being a college kid...
in the 90's :-(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I luckily have regular groups for CE and Weekly/Nightfall.

AtheonX3 is always an unplanned thing but it's never been this tough.

Sad if things really are flowing downwards for now.

It is indeed sad. I think I've put in about one hour total since Bungie said that HoW won't be until until the second quarter. Maybe if they release heavy ammo packs at Xur I'll come back :p

Skele7on

Banned
till 10pm GMT this maintenance.

Suppose I could actually spend time with my partner this evening....

but I don't wannaaaaaaaa, I want to level up my new baby hawkmoon.......

Skele7on

Banned
UW2rNEP.png

Had it less than 24 hours...

Yes it is a maintinence day today, also sucks hard as it's alright for the states as they're working but for EU, UK we get a rubbish deal.

Numpt3

After getting bugger all from the Nightfall's I was expecting another crappy week.... Then the Vex finally dropped for me yesterday and Crota just gave me Red Death... Gjally next please! :D

I'm still surprised about the lack of outrage when Bungie made an online only game. Destiny is completely unplayable without PSN or an internet connection. I don't see why they would not just make the story mode playable offline. I know that they decided to make your characters, weapons and armor all generate from the cloud when you log in but is there any reason for that? Are they saving me storage space? What happens if Bungie servers get messed up, are there backups?

Datto posted a video about swordbearer timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fPCbo-vmM&feature=youtu.be&a

Interested to get the GAF pro's thoughts on this. Sounds like his group still insists on the left side strategy. For someone that loves to call everything a cheese, I found it funny he's relying on 4 Defender bubbles at once throughout the video.

Not enough doors in this video.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm still surprised about the lack of outrage when Bungie made an online only game. Destiny is completely unplayable without PSN or an internet connection. I don't see why they would not just make the story mode playable offline. I know that they decided to make your characters, weapons and armor all generate from the cloud when you log in but is there any reason for that? Are they saving me storage space? What happens if Bungie servers get messed up, are there backups?

Prevents hacking, I believe. For example, in Diablo 3, there's offline play, but there's also vasts amounts of item duping and hacks. I'd take online-only over item duping any day of the week.

Deku Tree

1) Most of the Story missions have you running through a shared world with other guardians who are doing their own thing. People like this when it works, I know I do. To make story missions playable offline would force them to redesign the whole game. And you would not be able to run through a shared world at all during the story missions.

2) Keeping your save on Bungie servers in the Cloud makes the game more "fair" and less subject to exploits on your home console. It prevents cheating. It also allows you to play Destiny on any console in your console family as long as that console has the game and your are logged into your PSN account which is cool.

3) I'm quite sure Bungie has tons of backups.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Josh asked me as he has yet to do a full CE, but I told him he did raid last week with NatCat et al.

I don't want to break protocol, but if you are down a slot he has off tomorrow and is itching to run one if that could be a consideration. :)
Oh it's okay, he can definitely have the slot. Go ahead and sign up for him. :)

1) Most of the Story missions have you running through a shared world with other guardians who are doing their own thing. People like this when it works, I know I do. To make story missions playable offline would force them to redesign the whole game. And you would not be able to run through a shared world at all during the story missions.

2) Keeping your save on Bungie servers in the Cloud makes the game more "fair" and less subject to exploits on your home console. It prevents cheating. It also allows you to play Destiny on any console in your console family as long as that console has the game and your are logged into your PSN account which is cool.

3) I'm quite sure Bungie has tons of backups.

The avoiding exploiting reason makes sense somewhat--to the point where players have to think of a reason instead of Bungie saying it--but after a certain point in missions you stop interacting with the world around you and missions become activities where only you and your fireteam are in the area.

Top Bottom