• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Anyone doing Crota hard mode soon? Need to do it just one more time this week.

I'm down for doing ti with you if there is a need for another person. . of course when PSN lets me back on.

Finally 500 coins. I guess that Xûr won't bring anything interesting tomorrow.

JKjSfNq.jpg

I'm more impressed with the motes. I spend mine on random stuff all the time.

I'm pretty sure Deathsinger and Crota exotic drops turned up this week. Our hard mode 1x Crota kill last night netted 2 cruxes and 3 exotics. Granted 1 of them was NLB like usual. But P&T and Thunderlord were the other 2.

EL CUCO

Datto posted a video about swordbearer timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9fPCbo-vmM&feature=youtu.be&a

Interested to get the GAF pro's thoughts on this. Sounds like his group still insists on the left side strategy. For someone that loves to call everything a cheese, I found it funny he's relying on 4 Defender bubbles at once throughout the video.
Looks fine to me. They even kill Boom Knights and Wizard. No ridiculous bubble dance. It's obviously not the "safest" way to do the encounter but it Crota goes right for whatever reason, you could still hit him as long as Knights on the right are being attended to.

As far as all the bubbles, the one by the rock is for Sword super (I like doing it like that too) and all the bubbles in the back or for safety, since they're not going cheesy middle ledge. I dont like having to depend on a specific class but I personally think a Fireteam should always have atleast 2 Titans.

#notallcrotakills

Haha and the normal run gave the 2 people that needed black hammer one, along with a flurry of other exotics from ds/crota. And the people I was running with last night got a bunch of exotics from all the runs combined. But yea, not all X_X

noomi

got my ps4 gold headset yo, $80 with my best buy coupon :D

Can't wait to try it out when I get home, I'm gonna hear all the destiny things now!

Homeboyd

Haha and the normal run gave the 2 people that needed black hammer one, along with a flurry of other exotics from ds/crota. And the people I was running with last night got a bunch of exotics from all the runs combined. But yea, not all X_X
I have now completed 23 normal crota kills and 13 hard mode kills (according to destiny status; not sure if it counts kills where you don't get loot) and I still don't have a song of ir yut. Yeah I know it's garbo. It's the only raid weapon across both raids I haven't gotten to drop yet. 23 normals.

TWENTY THREE.

No songs.

#smartloot

Deku Tree

The DeeJ virus has infected Urk. It's just like when DeeJ said Xur wasn't random, then said he was.

That said, it's hard to jump on what someone said when there are six people talking over each other.

Well to be fair Deej went on a long 5-10 minute speech about how Xur was not random and explained the intricacies of the conversations that he had with the people who work inside Bungie whose job it is to choose Xur's stock.

Urk on the other hand was quickly answering a question and asked them to move the conversation to a different topic and never directly said anything about a VoG chest and only said "yes, yes the answer is yes" in a slightly frustrated tone. So it's more plausible that Urk was talking about something else.

And honestly with all the people out there intensely searching for VoG secrets I'd be really surprised if there was another chest discovered at this point.

rNilla

A bit OT but I use the Gold Headset and while Destiny with its sound profile is generally pretty good, most other games I play sound like shit. There's a lot of static and spiking of sound effects. What's the deal? This is even with the 1 setting (not custom profile). There are a billion devices in my household and I tend to sit 15 feet away from the dongle.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OMFG an easy Daily Mission, WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!

(The Dark Within) A 5 minutes Daily, AMAZING!

I have now completed 23 normal crota kills and 13 hard mode kills (according to destiny status; not sure if it counts kills where you don't get loot) and I still don't have a song of ir yut. Yeah I know it's garbo. It's the only raid weapon across both raids I haven't gotten to drop yet. 23 normals.

TWENTY THREE.

No songs.

#smartloot

I guess I am pretty lucky, got all main weapons and all special weapons except for the Heavy weapon now. No duplicates

noomi

don't forget the headset companion app! there is a profile for Destiny.

A bit OT but I use the Gold Headset and while Destiny with its sound profile is generally pretty good, most other games I play sound like shit. There's a lot of static and spiking of sound effects. What's the deal? This is even with the 1 setting (not custom profile). There are a billion devices in my household and I tend to sit 15 feet away from the dongle.

Yup! Is the companion app just a regular download on the PSN store? Also, I see there is an off/1/2 switch. I assume 1 is just normal mode, and 2 is whatever profile I load into the headset?

Curious how much of a difference there actually is with these sound profiles....

GraveRobberX

Indeed! On my screen I had a clear view of the Ogre though.

I really think Wolfpacks have a proximity check on them, sometimes I will shoot above an enemy close to me, but the wolfpacks detonate early taking me in the process

Homeboyd

OMFG an easy Daily Mission, WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!

(The Dark Within) A 5 minutes Daily, AMAZING!
Serious question; what is the point of dailies if you don't have any armor to level? Just want the mats? I have like 20 of those and public event packages just sitting there bc I have nothing to use them on and they don't level weapons (at least the dailies don't).

I guess I am pretty lucky, got all main weapons and all special weapons except for the Heavy weapon now. No duplicates
Sounds like you're not lucky then if you don't have the heavies yet. I got the Hunger on like my second one. Have every other raid weapon from CE and VOG, just not the song. Have probably gotten 6 fangs and 4 or 5 Words now. Dupes out the asssss.

Atkison04

I really think Wolfpacks have a proximity check on them, sometimes I will shoot above an enemy close to me, but the wolfpacks detonate early taking me in the process

I definitely agree. I've jumped up over lesser enemies trying to take out tougher ones further away only to have the rocket explode in my face. I can be well above and it still auto explodes from time to time.

Serious question; what is the point of dailies if you don't have any armor to level? Just want the mats? I have like 20 of those and public event packages just sitting there bc I have nothing to use them on and they don't level weapons (at least the dailies don't).

Sounds like you're not lucky then if you don't have the heavies yet. I got the Hunger on like my second one. Have every other raid weapon from CE and VOG, just not the song. Have probably gotten 6 fangs and 4 or 5 Words now. Dupes out the asssss.

You get 7.5k xp for completing them as well I believe. Only applies to armor though!

Deku Tree

I do dailies:

1) For fun... something to do in Destiny.
2) I am collecting planetary mats until I have 800 of each (200 of each on each toon and 200 in Vault)
3) For class materials, get blue engrams and decode them on the toon of my choice
4) Good chance at Legendary engrams dropping
5) For some vanguard marks (which I will use to buy planetary mats, and then i'll keep filling them up until I am at max)

I am having fun and I am hoping to be ready to play HoW without much grind and already having most of what I need before it even comes out.

rNilla

Yup! Is the companion app just a regular download on the PSN store? Also, I see there is an off/1/2 switch. I assume 1 is just normal mode, and 2 is whatever profile I load into the headset?

Curious how much of a difference there actually is with these sound profiles....

This is all correct. Companion App is a free download from PSN Store. Setting 2 is for using the custom profile (there aren't many, but Destiny is one of them).

Homeboyd

You get 7.5k xp for completing them as well I believe. Only applies to armor though!
lol I know.. that's why I asked if you're not leveling armor... what's the point?

I do dailies:

2) I am collecting planetary mats until I have 800 of each (200 of each on each toon and 200 in Vault)
3) For class materials, get blue engrams and decode them on the toon of my choice
5) For some vanguard marks (which I will use to buy planetary mats, and then i'll keep filling them up until I am at max)

I am having fun and I am hoping to be ready to play HoW without much grind and already having most of what I need before it even comes out.
Ah ok. Yeah seeing the same 3 missions over and over again really put me off of doing them for a while. Was just curious why people still did them unless to level some armor which I'm sure most here are done with.

WipedOut

TWENTY THREE.

No songs.

#smartloot

I have received
5 Hunger of Crotas
3 Light of the Abyss
2 Song of IR Yut
1 Black Hammer
0 Sword Breakers

I have had 8 Raid Helmets fall, 3 from just this week.
Not sure how smart this system really is.

I do dailies:

1) Well, yeah...
2) Why.jpg?
3) Just do ROC Strikes...
4) See 3.
5) See 3.

:)

I have received
5 Hunger of Crotas
3 Light of the Abyss
2 Song of IR Yut
1 Black Hammer
0 Sword Breakers

I have had 8 Raid Helmets fall, 3 from just this week.
Not sure how smart this system really is.

If I'm not mistaken...

4 Hungers.
3 SwordBreakers.
1 Light of The Abyss.
1 Black Hammer.
0 Song of Ir Yut.

So, what is the best way to get class armor material? need a lots, lots or armor plate for my titan

See 3. lol
Just do Roc Strikes or any other vanguard playlist.

GraveRobberX

Well it's 5 Vanguard Marks added to the pile, an engram roll (hoping for Legendary drop), +2 to the Ascendant pile (I Mean why the fuck not, Drizzay and me trying to hit 1000 Ascendant materials for shits n' giggles), and +16 Destination materials, saving you roughly +10 Vanguard marks in the process, so a +15 mark swing in the process

I play this game very dedicated to it, so I try to maximize where I can, I don;t need the Spinmetal that much, but I'm already saving up for House of Wolves

All 3 of my chars right now in there Materials page have

300+ Spinmetal, 600 Heliums (no more to collect, cause no space), 400+ SpiritBlooms, 500+ Relic Iron each
Getting them all to 600 in each material and not have to worry about that shit for a long while is worth it for me

Right now, stockpiling is the best away to jump ahead of the curve Bungie surely will place in HoW
I just need a definitive release date for it and then I will start the 2 week buffer to make all factions be close from leveling up just as HoW hits

TWENTY THREE.

No songs.

#smartloot

I have done 27 normal and 15 hard runs and still don't have Song and Fang of Ir Yut. Dismantled some 7 BHs and 9 Word of Crotas though.

#smartlootindeed

Well to be fair Deej went on a long 5-10 minute speech about how Xur was not random and explained the intricacies of the conversations that he had with the people who work inside Bungie whose job it is to choose Xur's stock.

Urk on the other hand was quickly answering a question and asked them to move the conversation to a different topic and never directly said anything about a VoG chest and only said "yes, yes the answer is yes" in a slightly frustrated tone. So it's more plausible that Urk was talking about something else.

And honestly with all the people out there intensely searching for VoG secrets I'd be really surprised if there was another chest discovered at this point.

For sure. I was trying to convey a light hearted tongue in cheek comparison. I do think there is something more, though it's probably not worth finding other than bragging rights.

Top Bottom