• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

hydruxo

Fang is one of the best weapons in the game - glad it's being given out so liberally. I have gotten a lot myself.

Lol given out liberally...yeah right. I've gotten every primary/secondary/heavy in CE except the Fang. I've done HM 6 times and gotten Word of Crota every single time.

Jinjo

Man the new House of Wolves "captain" exotic shotgun looks to be horrible. Again with the horrible shotgun stats on an exotic. By the looks of it this will be our raid-exclusive weapon too...

Why not the Vandal sniper Bungie?!?

whats so amazing bout Corrective Measure? Maybe I got a bad roll on mine. the perks dont seem too special but I never did use it much. I think I got it after Crota expansion released :(

Eh you probably just got a bad roll. I kid they're all the same. Its a pretty stable LMG with a got balance between RoF and Impact. Field Scout allows it to hold 100rds in 1 "mag" + 200extra RDS.

hydruxo

whats so amazing bout Corrective Measure? Maybe I got a bad roll on mine. the perks dont seem too special but I never did use it much. I think I got it after Crota expansion released :(

You can't get a bad roll on Corrective Measure, it's perks are locked in just like any raid weapons. Every CM is the same.

Geez some gaffers are not willing to let randoms join in on their NF/Weekly even if they have an open spot. I'm always joining in on random people stuff with my level 32s and helping them finish (joined a random Crota normal, wasn't in their party chat but help them down crota with ease). Lol but the last guy I tried had a 3rd trying to join in so I get him but the other time I got a rude message from some dude
Don't care if someone joins me when there is a open spot :)

[edit] huh forgot weapons dont randomize. Maybe folks love the 'surplus' option for pve

It's a fantastic MG! I use it in PvP even in Iron Banner because it's that good. It's stability is great along with field scout. 100 bullets in the mag is awesome. With good enough impact. Excellent for MG headshots bounty in IB.

Man the new House of Wolves "captain" exotic shotgun looks to be horrible. Again with the horrible shotgun stats on an exotic. By the looks of it this will be our raid-exclusive weapon too...

Why not the Vandal sniper Bungie?!?

The sniper? Give me that arc pulse rifle with tracking rounds. Maybe give it exploding rounds while they are at it as an additional special perk.

patchday

It's a fantastic MG! I use it in PvP even in Iron Banner because it's that good. It's stability is great along with field scout. 100 bullets in the mag is awesome. With good enough impact. Excellent for MG headshots bounty in IB.

Oh wow nice. Will have to level this thing up at some point

Bridge Dev Notes:
Encounter was designed so everyone must learn to use sword.
Designed with everyone having their opportunity to shine in mind.

^This note from the Bungie CE stream is pretty great since it's exactly what I keep hating on Scrota for.... CE is such a shame because abyss--bridge--shrieker hallway is excellent, better than VoG up to Templar fight. But then VoG shoots for the stars while CE face plants in the dirt. Really feels like they ran way, way short on production time for CE.

Paging Boguester... time to re-explore VoG

lol I've already been on the hunt a bit :p There's a subreddit specifically for investigating chest discovery theories.

http://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets

Most promising ideas seem to be based around some connection with the Aegis and the Gorgons due to the Greeky Mythology connections, or finding the one "mortal" Gorgon that would parallel Medusa i.e. if you kill a Gorgon and it doesn't respawn, therefore isn't "immortal."

edit: just noticed that he followed up with: "my brain turned the question into something along the lines of, "Is there a reason to return to the Vault of Glass?"

Datto posted a video about swordbearer timing.

Boguester's Comprehensive Guide to HM Scrota Sword Running:

1.) Use Hunter invis. Stand next to Scrota until you see him start the kneel.
2.) Chop.

But seriously I can post more detailed stuff later if people care, it's just so simple as a Hunter there's not much to it besides the invis. Also, make sure not to hit the touch pad when dropping the sword for blink strike. If you are fire team leader "Return to Orbit" will briefly pop up and we will all laugh and laugh before you die. Happened twice this week actually. :)

Mysterious stranger

Who is this person and what have you done with iRAWR???
image.php

Mindlog

I caught part of the Bungie stream. I agree with the design philosophy behind placing a Gatekeeper to keep people from camping one spot, but the execution was off. The enemy down there should have been sword killable with a cycle spawn rate. Instead of promoting movement the current high spawn rate just locks off that part of the map. Enemy selection and disruption of safe spots could have gone a long way to making the final encounter more interesting for the 5 non-sword team members.
So, this is a sword cycle from my perspective.
Crota goes down for about 4.5 seconds 11-14.5s the first time and about 3.5s 24-27.5s the second time :-\
!
!!!
Sometimes it happens when I host (solo not included.) Last Hard kill I was off-host with a few red bars and Crota was still supremely cooperative. It's nice to get this kind of total confirmation that it's (sometimes) not just my timing. Really frustrating when it feels like you are doing the same thing you always do, but it's getting you killed.

I may have a video where he gets his shield early and kills me with his palm blaster before he gets up.

I want a Titan Infusion helm :(
But seriously I can post more detailed stuff later if people care, it's just so simple as a Hunter there's not much to it besides the invis. Also, make sure not to hit the touch pad when dropping the sword for blink strike. If you are fire team leader "Return to Orbit" will briefly pop up and we will all laugh and laugh before you die. Happened twice this week actually. :)
That's a good one.
My most embarrassing Blink Strike moment: I missed Crota. Yup. I tried to Blink Strike and I missed, Crota.

Lima

Oh shit TheHM is hard at work on that hard mode Crota solo. I shall go back and sit down and do some work myself. I don't know if my poor heart can manage to die to Boomers once more when he is low again.

Deku Tree

Kinda disappointing that Urk followed up with that very vague reddit comment, it would be fine if he just mentioned what question he thought he was answering so people would have clarification. For people that were asking about why bother looking for VoG chests, I don't think anyone still looking cares about loot, only about the sense of mystery and discovery.

Urk did a bit later: "is there a reason to return to the VoG?"

http://www.reddit.com/user/urkmcgurk

I caught part of the Bungie stream. I agree with the design philosophy behind placing a Gatekeeper to keep people from camping one spot, but the execution was off. The enemy down there should have been sword killable with a cycle spawn rate. Instead of promoting movement the current high spawn rate just locks off that part of the map. Enemy selection and disruption of safe spots could have gone a long way to making the final encounter more interesting for the 5 non-sword team members.

!
!!!
Sometimes it happens when I host (solo not included.) Last Hard kill I was off-host with a few red bars and Crota was still supremely cooperative. It's nice to get this kind of total confirmation that it's (sometimes) not just my timing. Really frustrating when it feels like you are doing the same thing you always do, but it's getting you killed.

I may have a video where he gets his shield early and kills me with his palm blaster before he gets up.

I want a Titan Infusion helm :(

Kneeling palm balster is the worst >_<
Iin my case it's quickly followed by a two handed slash. If the witch balls don't kill me the slash definitely does.

Deku Tree

The sniper? Give me that arc pulse rifle with tracking rounds. Maybe give it exploding rounds while they are at it as an additional special perk.

This is the only fallen weapon that I want.

My best guess is (1) the Arena raid involves a lot of close quarters combat and the shot gun will be for that purpose. And they hope the shot gun will be better after the shot gun buff.

Deku Tree

This is just troll status what they're doing.

Edit: Just like this cherry on top :(

I don't think so. There were six people in a live Twitch stream Raid all talking over each other and everyone had a mic on. It's natural to sometimes mis-hear people. It happens to me all the time when I raid.

Lnkn52

I don't think so. There were six people in a live Twitch stream Raid all talking over each other and everyone had a mic on. It's natural to sometimes mis-hear people. It happens to me all the time when I raid.

Look how the community is reacting, they are like rabid dogs. They must be sitting back, laughing at those that believe it. It's going to become like BigFoot, is it really real&#8230;

I didn't even know there was a subredit for raid secrets lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets

I hope this isn't the weekly:
Bungie Weekly Update - 02/12/2015

No secret VOG chest here. See you next week.

Bridge Dev Notes:
Encounter was designed so everyone must learn to use sword.
Designed with everyone having their opportunity to shine in mind.

^This note from the Bungie CE stream is pretty great since it's exactly what I keep hating on Scrota for.... CE is such a shame because abyss--bridge--shrieker hallway is excellent, better than VoG up to Templar fight. But then VoG shoots for the stars while CE face plants in the dirt. Really feels like they ran way, way short on production time for CE.

How do you think they could have improved on the Crota encounter to make it better. I know we talk alot about how it sucked because it boils down to 1 MVP and a handful of tag-alongs. I think Crota should have had more mobility instead of just sitting there waiting to eat Rockets.

It probably would have been good if Crota had space to move, and there was some sort of mechanic where the rest of the group had to ensnare Crota temporarily and then someone goes in with the sword. This would give the non-sword holders a little more importance in having a job to do. Obviously the number and type of enemies can be tweaked for balance, including Crota's moveset.

joecanada

A50s are known to have sound issues. My pair dropped sound after about 8 months of use. Found others with the same problem. For a headset that expensive, they shouldn't have issues like that.

I've tried turtle beach all types. For the money the Playstation ones are grea. Goin on 3 years with my 99 dollars pulse... Couldn't be happier.

Lnkn52

How do you think they could have improved on the Crota encounter to make it better. I know we talk alot about how it sucked because it boils down to 1 MVP and a handful of tag-alongs. I think Crota should have had more mobility instead of just sitting there waiting to eat Rockets.

It probably would have been good if Crota had space to move, and there was some sort of mechanic where the rest of the group had to ensnare Crota temporarily and then someone goes in with the sword. This would give the non-sword holders a little more importance in having a job to do. Obviously the number and type of enemies can be tweaked for balance, including Crota's moveset.

Or using sync plates to trap him on certain spots.

border

Put a debuff on the Sword Carrier so that after he has picked up the sword once he cannot do so again for 5 minutes. That's how I imagine they would have done it in World of Warcraft.

This is the only fallen weapon that I want.

My best guess is (1) the Arena raid involves a lot of close quarters combat and the shot gun will be for that purpose. And they hope the shot gun will be better after the shot gun buff.

When they were going through the Abyss the Raid Designer talked about how they tuned it to encourage staying together and reviving down party members. The Lamps were designed such that it is in your parties best interest to stick together and if one person gets too far ahead they hurt your party.

He then made a passing comment about the next Raid having some sort of system/mechanic to "punish" those who try to be hero's or go alone.

Lima

When they were going through the Abyss the Raid Designer talked about how they tuned it to encourage staying together and reviving down party members. The Lamps were designed such that it is in your parties best interest to stick together and if one person gets too far ahead they hurt your party.

He then made a passing comment about the next Raid having some sort of system/mechanic to "punish" those who try to be hero's or go alone.

I can only hope. Because the best way to clear the Abyss is have someone with the best weapon for that part the Mida Multi Tool to just make a run for it.

Top Bottom