• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

What another completely out of touch update. Oh hey, let's make up a quote about how vendor packages give awesome new weapons... despite the fact people have been complaining for months that the majority of packages just give you ascendant materials, something we have almost no need for any more and like 17 different ways to acquire them.

Hmm so it still helps decently it seems, that's cool I didn't realize this either.

I didn't know how effective it was until I tried it in one of the reset runs. The fact that it also has +2 agility which stacks on top of character agility and special weapon perk means you can bolt through your team and thrall crowd and can almost touch the third lamp while your team is still at second. Too bad you can't activate it unless you wanna be 'that guy'.

stb

Did Deathsinger and Crota normal with a LFG group and it went smoothly. Got Song of Ir Yut, still no helmet/chest/legs or Black Hammer though :(

No one ever talks about Song of Ir Yut, I assume it's nothing special

It falls into that specialized category for me. Arc burn nightfall + hive based enemy = good weapon.

I can never tell if people ask if a weapon is any good if they're REALLY asking:
1) is this weapon is actually top tier for its type, and I'm missing something?
2) if it isn't top tier, should I shard it?

It seems like a respectable legendary 331 MG in general to me, and one you didn't have to spend marks on.

Sure, it's better in an arc burn and/or against hive, but it seems fine even without the burn and specific enemy type, if you use MGs.

There may be better general purpose legendary 331 MGs, but you're not statistically likely to have one if you didn't purchase from a vendor. For example, I've only received 2 legendary 331 MGs as drops: Song of Ir Yut and an arc version of Against All Odds (vendor one is Solar, and has arguably better perks than mine).

tl:dr Song of Ir Yut may not be the best legendary 331 MG, but unless you have a better one that does arc damage, you might wanna hold onto it. Also worth holding onto for the "raid item" collectability if you care about that.

What another completely out of touch update. Oh hey, let's make up a quote about how vendor packages give awesome new weapons... despite the fact people have been complaining for months that the majority of packages just give you ascendant materials, something we have almost no need for any more and like 17 different ways to acquire them.

A simple fix is, increase the rep required for level up to whatever is fair. Guarantee a loot drop on faction rank and we can decide if it should be dismantled for mats.

Ambitious

These are getting earlier and earlier. Is it worth reading?

Of course it's not worth reading.

Reputation panel to be included with 1.1.1:

reputation_panel.gif

That's it. That's all there is.

Daemul

I got excited when Deej mentioned the factions, thinking Bungie were going to add the shaders back to their stock, but my excitement was premature.

someday

Banned
I got FATEBRINGER last night!!!! It was actually my first time doing HM Templar. I can't wait to start leveling it up but I've got tons of homework to do first.

CLBridges

Considering IB is next week, I would speculate the patch is gonna happen on either Monday or Tuesday, nothing confirmed but it's just a hunch. Either way, sometimes it's a little funny how things that seemed obvious to be in a game at launch happens 5 months later. Oh well, at least they do continue to update things here and there.

Jinjo

ok what's this PPP thing? I guess there was a gaf poll last year and basically 50% likes 50ppp and the other half like 100ppp (which is bigger right?). I know it stands for point-to-point protocol but yea how do you even know?

Posts-per-page. 50 ppp people claiming fake top of the page posts. They should be ashamed.

Edit: dat real 100 ppp top of the page post to show 50 ppp'ers who's truly king.

Wow. These updates get worse every week. What is going on over there?

The next patch will fix heavy ammo, add rep details in the menus and add all the awful weapon balancing.

The heavy ammo thing is the only thig we have asked for. Where the fuck is the vault space. Fuuuuuuck

rNilla

ok what's this PPP thing? I guess there was a gaf poll last year and basically 50% likes 50ppp and the other half like 100ppp (which is bigger right?). I know it stands for point-to-point protocol but yea how do you even know?

Control Panel > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page (under Thread Display Options)

LQ84m6Z.png

Posts-per-page. 50 ppp people claiming fake top of the page posts. They should be ashamed.

Claiming fake top of page posts meaning they're posting at the right time to make it at the top of the page and acting as if it's on accident?

edit:

Control Panel > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page (under Thread Display Options)

LQ84m6Z.png

Ohhh I get it hahahaha. I had no idea this was even an option. So my other top of page must have really been top of 100. I guess you have a 50-50 chance of getting the "real top of page" :D

Jinjo

Claiming fake top of page posts meaning they're posting at the right time to make it at the top of the page and acting as if it's on accident?

They're claiming the xx51 numbered posts as top of the page posts while those would appear halfway through the page for a 100 ppp person. Hence, fake top of the page post. My post at the current top of the page is a real top of the page post (offcourse), as it is numbered x101. It appears top of the page for everyone.

They're claiming the xx51 numbered posts as top of the page posts while those would appear halfway through the page for a 100 ppp person. Hence, fake top of the page post. My post at the current top of the page is a real top of the page post (offcourse), as it is numbered x101.

Yea I just saw rNilla's post. I get it now. I didn't know there was an option to get more per page. Thanks!

someday

Banned
919.gif

twice a week since launch.......................
It's been my most wanted weapon for months but I just don't raid often, and I certainly don't get the chance to do HM since I feel I'm a hindrance to my team. That's getting better though.

Um, I got the Vex the first time I did Atheon HM too.

But I still have no Godhorn.

Jinjo

Yea I just saw rNilla's post. I get it now. I didn't know there was an option to get more per page. Thanks!
Enjoy your GAF Gold status, post responsibly.

50 ppp people just gotta pay some attention to their post# before they start claiming top of the page post. Saves embarrasment lol.

I really dunno why there is 100 ppp elitism though.

Alright 100 ppp done. I assumed since this forum is conservative on querying the database that it brought back a set amount of rows not able to be changed. Another bad assumption.

edit:

Enjoy your GAF Gold status, post responsibly.

50 ppp people just gotta pay some attention to their post# before they start claiming top of the page post. Saves embarrasment lol.

I really dunno why there is 100 ppp elitism though.

Yea I don't really care what people choose for their own personal preference. But I see what it's funny when you have 100ppp and the middle of the page someone says top of page. I normally choose "view all" or view max on other sites but never knew this was a setting >_<

Ambitious

What's with the pessimism? You gotta focus on the positive: Now it's even easier to check how close you are to your next Dead Orbit branded Mote of Light!

I probably had like 30 total posts on GAF in my 22 months of membership until DGAF. I don't like how I don't get notified when someone quotes me haha. Maybe there's a setting somewhere for that too :p

Top Bottom