• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

#ForeverNoWhatever runs - AtheonX3

Tonight at 9:30pm EST

Have the Hard Mode Gorgon checkpoint, if you have HM Atheon even better.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me

Please quote and add yourself to the list.

LOL Boobie prizes. Thanks for letting me run that with you, grimlock. Now I just need to do it two more times tonight. Then the Weeklies... The Order can't come soon enough.

Thank you, didn't wanna chance a wipe at the boss. Walked away with 2 energy lol. I still need to run 3 weeklies but might do that later. I too am waiting on the Order, excited.

Sure.

Class mats you either buy or play rock strikes.

Might jump into roc strikes later after I farm some glimmer, hit 25K and then buy the class material. Just bought enough to net me 80+ class mats for my Titan. The only pieces of gear I have that are light 36 are my exotic helmet and raid legs so I'm in no rush to get these material

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me
2. Grimlock
3. Darryl_M_R

I would love to take him down 3 times. PSN: Darryl_M_R (level 32 Hunter, Warlock, level 30 Titan)

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me
2. Grimlock33
3. Darryl_M_R

Ehh, why not? Still missing Red Death and Universal Remote.

HM is shit. YOU HEAR ME BUNGIE? take your lvl 33 enemies and glitches and shove it.

The decision to artificially increase difficulty in this way cheapens the raid as we move on to higher Light levels and make it even easier.

Atheon was balanced at 30 and it played well. Being above level 30 does little to change it other than taking slightly less incoming damage, otherwise it is identical as we move on.

CE Hard really needed to be balanced around Lvl32.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me
2. Grimlock33
3. Darryl_M_R
4. Ichabod00

2 more!!!

pringles

edit: Nami noooooooooo! haha

There are obvious ways to make the current design slightly less terrible, like each person can only use sword once, etc. that would be more in line with the "random Atheon teleports" philosophy. But the current encounter is fundamentally broken, it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

That pre-release image of Scrota in the darkness surrounded by beady eyes was a better starting point. An enclosed arena battle with a more reasonable sized boss who doesn't insta-kill on such a tight timer but has more give and take with sword attacking, closer to a Souls boss. Needs way, way less focus on DPS gear checks, more dynamic movement, more opportunities for varied roles between teammates. Needs to actually use the "building a vocabulary" philosophy of VoG so mechanics introduced early on are combined together to test your understanding.

destiny_the_dark_below_2.jpg

1.) Sword is cool but needs way more of them so other people can have fun too even if it's just controlling adds. Flying around chopping >>> standing still sniping. Timer is fine but would need to be much longer which would need to be balanced with doing much less damage per hit on Scrota.

2.) Presence of Scrota is fine, you could have dedicated healers i.e. orb generators for example. Key here is to throw this Lv33 forced under-leveling garbage out the window, it's the most critical design failure of HM CE, need way more give and take with enemies damaging you. Same as above: re-balance sword damage so having players at the same level as Scrota doesn't break the fight like now.

3.) It's dark, so use the lamps!!! Have to activate them to be able to see anything, multiple lamps required for maximum visibility: think Link to the Past final fight vs. Ganon. They're on a timer, same as abyss, but could be re-lit somehow (ideally a new mechanic, a sword ability similar to VoG relic cleanse). If they all go out it's literally pitch black: that would be fucking intense.

4.) Of course this mechanic would naturally tie in with weight of darkness mechanic. Not only would you lose visibility but also mobility if the darkness grew too strong. The lamps would light the entire arena to remove darkness (i.e. ALttP), not exactly the same as standing next to them in abyss but similar.

5.) Lamp lighting could be combined with bridge crossing. Need to kill sword bearer to access side areas where lamps are. Have to kill GKeeper to activate lamp or/and re-light a burned out lamp. Or maybe kill Shrieker to break wall to access lamp so teammates work together w/ sword crossing and shrieker blasting.

6.) Wizards form vestige pools if you don't kill them quickly enough so this would be one of those snow-ball effects. They spawn when a sword bearer dies so someone would need to take sword while one or more control wizard(s). More swords would mean more lamps and attacks at Scrota but also more wizards so it's a balancing act. Couldn't trivialize wizard spawns by not killing Boomers like now. They would have to spawn because you have to get swords.

7.) Oversoul is okay but needs to be much easier to kill so it's less of a DPS check and more so another thing to manage during the fight. Enrage should be similar to Templar and Atheon where it's still possible to finish off the boss, not the insta-wipe nonsense it is now. Maybe Ogres start spawning then but makes no sense to have perma-Oversoul, unless DPS was lowered a lot.

Multiple sword bearers so everyone can get a sword if you kill them fast enough, vestige green circles on the ground to encourage airborne sword mobility, still need to control adds but in a more free-flowing manner similar to Templar instead of Tower Boomer silliness. That gives everyone a lot more to do and requires a lot more constant communication.

It's silly to be an "armchair game designer" but these are all mechanics that exist in TDB, not asking for tons of new stuff to be introduced that would require production time. The actual balancing of all these elements would be very difficult, but that's the point: complexity, not something that feels half-baked like Scrota now.
Some nice ideas, definitely wish there was a bit more to the Crota fight. Just 1 or 2 added elements would be great. They introduce things during the raid and then don't really do anything with them which is a shame.

I like the idea of it getting dark and needing to do some on the fly improvising to keep being lit and the whole encounter is such to the point where a mess up here and there isn't a wipe. Should just have to adjust strategy a little and improvise. A few mess ups then yes. But not 1-2 small mistakes (like bugs such as a sword disappearing or gatekeeper not acting to our liking).

Missing 1 sword should generally not be a wipe due to the random unknowns.

FirewalkR

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me
2. Grimlock33
3. Darryl_M_R
4. Ichabod00

2 more!!!

Still need someone? PSN FirewalkR

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me
2. Grimlock33
3. Darryl_M_R
4. Ichabod00

2 more!!!

Me and a Friend can join ya Cosmos @9:30, but I'm guessing no more spots lol

So that weekly update, /le sigh =/

Shit asked Month 1 being phased in now, Crota glitches will be most likely September with Bungie's schedule
Hey man, those pizzas and video games aren't going to eat and play themselves, respectively.

Unfortunately, we get to pass the time listening to people whining. If only we could get a patch for that.

I'm not defending glitches, just people's attitudes towards development and them throwing out ridiculous ignorant accusations. Sick of that shit, it's old, and it's time for this forum to grow up.

Hey man, those pizzas and video games aren't going to eat and play themselves, respectively.

Unfortunately, we get to pass the time listening to people whining. If only we could get a patch for that.

I'm not defending glitches, just people's attitudes towards development and them throwing out ridiculous ignorant accusations. Sick of that shit, it's old, and it's time for this forum to grow up.

Some may be over the top but a lot are reasonable. I don't even want to list PC gaming as the scaling point but many of these patches should have been done ages ago. Especially UI patches. Not to mention no talk of Vault size yet again. Lack of good patches is getting real old, too.

I understand you can't please everyone but increasing vault size and inventory space goes a long ways with the hard-core player base. But the UI and heavy ammo change is welcoming to us we just want more already.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Some may be over the top but a lot are reasonable. I don't even want to list PC gaming as the scaling point but many of these patches should have been done ages ago. Especially UI patches. Not to mention no talk of Vault size yet again. Lack of good patches is getting real old, too.
That's the thing. Even if you couldn't come up with the idea that people would want to check their rep without running around the stupid tower before launch, I don't know why it would take 4 months to implement, test, and deploy that feature.

Does Blizzard take 4 months to make simple UI changes to WoW? Or Square to FF14? Is that supposed to be nomrla?

Shito

There's no excuse for Bungie's slow update pace lately, and more than that there's no excuse for them taking so long *not* to fix 100% repro bugs that are present ever since day 1. And don't try to "ignorant" me on this matter, I have 10 years experience in this field. ^^
They handled the period up until the first DLC release quite well, but there's no denying we're currently in a rather slow period, with little to no communication about why it is that way. If they told us to wait a bit because they are working on big features before HoW things would go much smoother than they are right now, when all we get are ONE bug fix (maybe), some nerfs nobody asked for, and a much needed UI change, but that will not shake our world.
Players can understand droughts if they are explained to them, instead of acting like everything is all fine and dandy and just as exciting as the first day.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Grow the Fuck Up?

Bungie should be the one doing that shit, where Indie games can get patched almost instantly a game from them should be miles ahead

Ignorant accusations would be like Bungie doesn't want me to earn stuff in their game, so fuck them for not coding properly on loot drops

Shit like this should have been from the start if not 1-2 months in, don't give me this bullshit I can't complain about qualms I have with this game, I play dedicatedly enough that I can warrant a faster pace of patching/fixing

I've put ungodly hours into this game and made to many friendships that i don't want to dissolve cause a developer is so up their own fucking ass when it comes to appeasing it's playerbase

Small QoL would be huge godsends in this game, think about that for a fucking second
Little nuisance things to help this game grow, all we see is, they patch out all the things the community does to make the game more tolerable or fun by goofing off, the game right now goes through it's rollercoaster phase

I am allowed to say that a developer adding in the Factions info tab when players have been doing destinystatus.com for the longest is no huge accomplishment that they should feel bolstered about

Please if you don't like reading the comments that has made Bungie and you tone deaf alike, just hit the "Ignore" button and you won't have to deal with it

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Me
2. Grimlock33
3. Darryl_M_R
4. Ichabod00
5. FirewalkR

Sorry Grave, I forgot about FirewalkR, there is only 1 spot open.

EL CUCO

No these "features" take time. You gotta test it. Never know what it breaks.
Especially on 4 different platforms. I would imagine memory management is a bitch on last gen.

Man I hope Activision green lights Destiny 2 for current gen only.

Top Bottom