• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Well if you don't like it dude "Ignore" go be that awesome adult and get to hobnob with the devs, I'll complain cause I can and will do so however the fuck I like
You can ignore me if you like, I'll continue to complain about stupid comments and advocate for a higher level of discourse.

Stuck At deathsinger for some reason my ghorn isnt killing shriekers with one rocket anymore:/

Im running out of rockets by the time deathsinger fight starts which makes it tough on a two man lvl 31 team.

Guys, can a kind soul here help me and a friend get through the bridge on hard?

Its just us two, so we might have to cheese this. I'm a hunter, he is a titan.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You can ignore me if you like, I'll continue to complain about stupid comments and advocate for a higher level of discourse.

So you will complain about complaints others make on a dev your goodie goodie with
Who gives a shit most of the time the devs come in here are tone deaf to the problem facing the community, say their small piece and move on, and it cycles on and off like that since September

Just cause I pour more emotion and abusive language when I have my say, doesn't mean I do it due to some childish nature

You coming in here on some high horse trying to straighten us up with the "we don't know anything, how do you know their frustrations of coding", I don't need to know all aspects, but from what I've seen, Bungie hasn't been forthcoming with us, we request cordially, silence, when responded it's a backhand slap of "we listen, we care, we will get back to you at some point"

GRIP

I'm just about to start the final boss at Nightfall if anyone would like to jump in (please do-I'm on my lv30 Titan).

Just join in if you're on my FL and if not add me. PSN GriP17-

rNilla

Solo'd Normal up to Crota. No big deal, I know, but that was my first time soloing Deathsinger so that was fun I guess. I tried to solo Crota for a bit but there's too much to juggle and it's not that interesting to me. Maybe I'll try again some day.

realcZk

I mean, none of us had any idea how complex the heavy ammo glitch was until they shared that in a weekly update.

I thought it was pretty ridiculous that one guy had the responsibility of fixing the heavy ammo glitch that's plagued us for 156 days, you'd think out of the 500 employees at Bungie someone could have helped poor jon eat all that spaghetti code and come up with a fix that doesnt involve any parmesan

jon from bungie said:
In the end, I came up with a surgical change that fixes the main issue and minimizes the chances that a new problem would be introduced. I do not think I can overstate the complexity of these systems – it took me several tries to come up with a fix that did not cause other problems.

thank you based jon, now we just have to wait for sony and microsoft to certify the changes in two weeks so we can download them

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
k squid!

sorry Dynovac, sent you a FR and a few party invites :( my bad if you thought it was off due to my lateness.

Somehow got roped in to making some Destiny themed Reddit mascots lol...

InGTrjZ.jpg

I should be packing :[

GRIP

Thanks for the help guys. Even though I was the only one that didn't get an exotic I still got a pretty decent scout rifle. The Calling with firefly and luck in the chamber.

Still at it? I can add you and run it with another character.

Sorry man, two people joined right after I posted. I gotta start editing my posts when groups fill.

It's pretty simple in my opinion:

With how spread out patches have become and lack of substance to the ones we do get it's become apparent in my opinion they are concentrating only on dlc and Destiny 2. They aren't focused on fixing the issues the community has with the game but rather patching the issues they have with the community. It's sad but that's the way I see it.

That's how it seems to me as well. They've been terrible at showing their appreciation for the playerbAse since day one though. I mean people didn't just wake up one day and decide they were gonna pick on Bungie for no reason

I thought it was pretty ridiculous one guy had the responsibility of fixing the heavy ammo glitch that's plagued us for 156 days, you'd think out of the 500 employees at Bungie someone could have helped poor jon eat all that spaghetti code and come up with a fix that doesnt involve any parmesan

thank you based jon, now we just have to wait for sony and microsoft to certify the changes in two weeks so we can download them

Yeah, I think this is the real disconnect. I hope n00bs realizes that we hold no malice toward the jons and urks at bungie, but we scratch our heads when we try to figure out how resources are being allocated and prioritized.

We don't see how out of 500 people they can't have one guy who spends his 40 hours a week adding new bounties, raising the glimmer cap, and maybe moving around some spawn locations in patrol.

We can't figure out how it is so hard to let Xur sell heavy ammo every other week until the bug is fixed.

Personally, I don't think they're laughing, but I do feel that the allusion of a living, breathing, changing world that was discussed prior to release has been scrapped for larger changes being saved up for hype during dlc pushes.

I'm sure the decision was made way higher up the chain than the front facing developers that we interact with.

Top Bottom