• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

I might. I've never been one to use it, but people are speaking quite confidently about things like the simplicity of patching a very complex game, or about the developer's indifference, as if everyone at the studio is smoking cigars and counting wads of cash and laughing about how they got one over on us. I don't see that. I see people that play this game a whole lot when you consider they have full time jobs and families, and they're doing it in a genuine way.

I mean, none of us had any idea how complex the heavy ammo glitch was until they shared that in a weekly update.

I consider myself very fortunate to be able to speak directly with people at Bungie, and I choose to engage in civil discourse when it comes to discussing design and development. I'm merely asking people here to do the same. It's called being an adult.

People here are mostly civil when directly engaging with Bungie. I'm not sure what you're talking about really. When Luke Smith posted here recently, everyone was very respectful.

1. And don't try to "ignorant" me on this matter, I have 10 years experience in this field. ^^

I believe you.

zxawmCW.jpg

Impeccable credentials, watch out for this subject matter expert guys.

todd360

People here are mostly civil when directly engaging with Bungie. I'm not sure what you're talking about really. When Luke Smith posted here recently, everyone was very respectful.

That's because he arrived with all the things we wanted to hear. I'm not sure it would have went the same if he had bad news.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That's because he arrived with all the things we wanted to hear. I'm not sure it would have went the same if he had bad news.

Yeah but every time anyone from Bungie posts we have never attacked them
They might read our rants/displeasure but no one has gone "full guardian"

MIDA Multi Tool from ROC Strike.. just want Gjallarhorn. Wonder how many strikes before I get another exotic.

Someone compiled a bunch of data and found Exotics are ~1% chance reward for ROC strike. Gjallarhorn being 1 out of 17 (?) possible weapon drops. Assuming equal weighting you have less than 0.06% chance of landing a Gjallarhorn on any given ROC strike.

todd360

Cmon bungie. Please sell exotic chest engram's tomorrow. Please just let me have 2 praxic fire lotto tickets. My chance at getting it would go from 0.1% to like 15%.

Namikaze1

Well, since I'm gonna die on Saturday (you all gonna hear "Guardian down!" at some point Saturday!) I might as well post my will up.

To LiK, I leave my trusty Hawkmoon to shoot and kill all Hunters and Warlocks before him. Show them the true power of Titans, bro.

To Todd, I leave the 3 legendary chest engrams I have stored up, my 300 Gjallarhorn, and Heart of Praxic Fire.

To Twilight, I leave my collection of legendary snipers so that he may move on from his baby blue sniper.

To rodiard, I leave my No Land Beyond so that he may dual wield NLB once Bungie lets us dual wield.

To fig, I leave nothing cause you ate my chocolates and threw away my flowers! my glimmer. That's it.

To Hawkian, I leave Necrochasm cause it's shit. Math doesn't want that shit!

To math, I leave my entire exotic collection minus the ones I have already given away and one that's being buried with me to do as she pleases with. Perhaps you can use them to deal with that Hive Knight fanboy of yours. :p

All I ask is that you jerks bury my 331 Gjallarhorn with me. Anyone who takes it shall be haunted by me for the rest of their existence.

todd360

Dream scenario. Random bungie employee is getting real sick of xur controlling employee. He spikes his morning coffee with laxatives. Enemy number one is stuck in the bathroom. Our hero jumps on the computer and makes our dreams come true. Ghorn and praxic annnndddd heavy ammo and chest engram on sale. The whole destiny community would explode.

Dream scenario. Random bungie employee is getting real sick of xur controlling employee. He spikes his morning coffee with laxatives. Enemy number one is stuck in the bathroom. Our hero jumps on the computer and makes our dreams come true. Ghorn and praxic annnndddd heavy ammo and chest engram on sale. The whole destiny community would explode.

And Helm of Saint 14

Namikaze1

Xur will have his wares changed quickly and the next 2 months, it will just be Starfire, Radiant Dance Machines, and MK.44 Stand Asides for sale with no exotic shard/engram and heavy synthesis available. Daily would be nothing but CE missions, and Nightfall/Weekly would just be Omnigul with every modifier and no burns.

Top Bottom