• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

This is entirely speculation and outdated (multiple) rumors:

Trials of Osiris is a FFA tournament that takes place on Mercury. You pay Motes of Light to enter the tournament. You can lose 2 matches with your entry. On your third loss, you are done done.

There is also an exotic bounty associated with the Trials that leads to acquiring the "Fate of All Fools" scout rifle.
Not speculation and not rumors. All of the information was datamined. It's in the game. The items and emblems and even the badge with information are in our games. It's up to Bungie if they ever want to release it to us.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

"Takes place exclusively in The Burning Shrine..."

FnIf9ru.jpg

Dave_6

Never too early to try to get a group together.

Anyone want to run the following Friday evening after 7:30pm Eastern
1) Fresh HM VoG (#forevernofoil)
2) However many additional Atheon kills the group needs
3) Fresh Normal Mode CE
4) Maybe tack on a HM Crota kill if we can get a CP?

We did 1-3 last week, and it took~3 hours, including needing to find a few replacements for the CE run.

If we could get 1 or 2 CE pros including a ninja sword carrier, #3 and #4 should't take more than 45 minutes.

Please quote and add yourself (and PSN, please), below:

1) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
3)
4)
5)
6)
alt 1)
alt 2)

Added myself. Screw it, I may be burned out but not 100% (yet).

Not speculation and not rumors. All of the information was datamined. It's in the game. The items and emblems and even the badge with information are in our games. It's up to Bungie if they ever want to release it to us.

Datamined or not, it isn't released, and thus it's still rumor and speculation. Just because there are bits and pieces in the current live version, Bungie can still do whatever they want with it, even choosing to never launch it.

SAiLO

Done Crota's raid within 30 minutes. It's so easy. Atheon can still take you by surprise, but Crota just drops.

shermas

Just did Vault of Glass for the first time... holy crap.

I'm only level 25 (26 now) and it was ridiculous. We had one level 31 guy who has done it a bunch of times... thank god. I'd have no idea what to do or where to go. It was so much better/longer/different than a strike.

I got my first piece of legendary gear from a chest, too... I really feel like i'm going to play this game forever. So awesome right now and I'm about 40+ hours in. I haven't even finished the story yet.

I'm only level 25 (26 now) and it was ridiculous. We had one level 31 guy who has done it a bunch of times... thank god. I'd have no idea what to do or where to go. It was so much better/longer/different than a strike.

I got my first piece of legendary gear from a chest, too... I really feel like i'm going to play this game forever. So awesome right now and I'm about 40+ hours in. I haven't even finished the story yet.

Awww young love. Enjoy it man. Nicely done at 25

rNilla

Welcome young Guardian! You likely have many hours of enjoyment
and frustration
ahead of you!

gdt

Hold on you got something from a chest? Must've been an exotic weapon. What was it?

Also don't spend too much time leveling VoG raid gear. Crota's End gear is better.

Trials of Maintaining Your User Base

The struggle is real. A game like this requires constant patches and new content. We should have been seeing PvP and PvE events every couple weeks. Bungie should have kept up with the event calendars they were posting shortly after launch. We should have had at least a couple more balancing patches by now. The heavy ammo thing should have been fixed already. Why can't we skip cutscenes? How hard could that possible be for Bungie to fix? We need more quality of life updates. Vault space, where art thou?

Developers simply cannot abandon loot/rpg/mmo games. This genre will not survive without an engaged, active user base and most of us are getting bored or already got bored long ago.

Raybunny

PSN Crota Full run Normal mode

1. Raybunzy hunter 32
2. Rasstuppen hunter 32
3. Border199x hunter 32
4. Mesa-infection hunter 32

phen0m24

Welcome young Guardian! You likely have many hours of enjoyment
and frustration
ahead of you!

This one speaketh the truth

It is lots of fun. Esepcially if you enjoyed that fight. Completing it on hard mode can net you a nice Exotic in the Vex Mythoclast, an amazing HC in Fatebringer
(Don't traumatize him, Rodiard)
and some crazy fun stories along the way, like:
falling off of ledges and getting Hawkmoon
. :p

And when you get to Crota's End, prepare to sit here and revel with us about the good old days or try to change the future.

Just think guys!
He did his First Templar Fight™ for real!

EL CUCO

Hold on you got something from a chest? Must've been an exotic weapon. What was it?

Also don't spend too much time leveling VoG raid gear. Crota's End gear is better.
Class item, I'm sure.

let him enjoy this moment :)

What if it's just some normal dude using Pocket Infinity though?

I definitely ran around Rumble with a FR doing some of the exotic PVP bounties hundreds of hours ago.

:p

I was definitely one of those cunts doing the Thorn bounty (only void weapon I had was a fusion rifle), but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy playing against it.

Raybunny

1. Raybunzy hunter 32
2. Rasstuppen hunter 32
3. Border199x hunter 32
4. Mesa-infection hunter 32
5. CEZAMINUS

5 man raid. lets do it

E92 M3

The struggle is real. A game like this requires constant patches and new content. We should have been seeing PvP and PvE events every couple weeks. Bungie should have kept up with the event calendars they were posting shortly after launch. We should have had at least a couple more balancing patches by now. The heavy ammo thing should have been fixed already. Why can't we skip cutscenes? How hard could that possible be for Bungie to fix? We need more quality of life updates. Vault space, where art thou?

Developers simply cannot abandon loot/rpg/mmo games. This genre will not survive without an engaged, active user base and most of us are getting bored or already got bored long ago.

As we discussed earlier, it's very evident that Bungie has a small team working on updating this game. Destiny should be getting updated once a week.

--

On another note, I ordered the Interstellar br - so hyped to watch that movie again.

SkylineRKR

Pfft.

Plan C all the way. Don't even both with a primary weapon. Plan C IS the primary weapon.

Oh, and Corrective Measure.

Plan C is loads of fun to use and helped me through Iron Banner with relatively ease. Sometimes that switch perk even surprised myself because I only did it when my primary had to be reloaded. But such an insta kill feels good.

Pocket Infinity seems to be rigged. I get shot by it across the map though its range should be poor.

Top Bottom