• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

coy

Once again Forrest has reached home safely. And we had a first timer who got himself a piece of Crota. All is well in the Destiniverse.
After both Fatebringer and Revenge dropped on Templar, it was all gravy for Legend with Glowhoo being the nice bonus to finish the night off. And forrest with Vex and Horn on Atheon is all kinds of nutty. Good run once again all!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Payloads.

ibtH9ADZHGdBSi.gif

iYMzph7YiJMDL.gif

ifj1iNpPMHxYy.gif

iIGJoicSuIvMr.gif

Thanks again to the team. Everybody all did VOG and CE on hard.

forrest

formerly nacire
Once again Forrest has reached home safely. And we had a first timer who got himself a piece of Crota. All is well in the Destiniverse.

Yup good run even if Desthsinger was being a pain.

Atheon gave me Gjallerhorn, Vex, Ship, Shards and epilogue.

Crota gave me the Sparrow. Just need Crux and Hunger.

Still one Hunter left to chop on Crota for the week. Gotta decide between normal and hard.

Ryck

#teamfirsttry on 3 hm and 1 nm crota :)
Yeah you aren't kidding with that hashtag. I've played five HM Crota kills with Dhruv and Co. In those five attempts we downed Crota five times and only had to wipe on one of the attempts (the third I believe we wiped a few times) other than that all first try kills.

(Sorry for responding so late, long day)

I have actually posted about it on the Bungie.Net forums and explained it to randoms I meet and everyone scoffs at the idea and brushes it off out-of-hand. Everyone is content with Exclusion zone.

It never fails: people dismiss it until they try it once with a real group, then they can't go back to EZ, haha. Getting a group of 4+ people together to run in circles chaining supers vs. Lv27 mobs doesn't seem like that high of a bar to clear if the basic strat was spread around enough, and LFG sites used "glimmer farming" options for people to meet up.

Who knows, maybe it would never take off in the larger community, I would just be really interested to see if there would be any response to it gaining more popularity.

Yeah you aren't kidding with that hashtag. I've played five HM Crota kills with Dhruv and Co. In those five attempts we downed Crota five times and only had to wipe on one of the attempts (the third I believe we wiped a few times) other than that all first try kills.

(Sorry for responding so late, long day)

No no ryck :p
We didn't wipe once and I wiped once during the 1st HM of the day.
We did have some problems because of psn

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't think I'll be in from work until after 1am est, but if I make it in time I'll be happy to do it.

I can most likely wait until then. Will probably be really drunk too.

We can run full VOG and CE again back to back.

One more hour until Xur makes everyone cry again.

shermas

Should I buy something every week from Xur? I only have about 30 strange coins and I'm worried about blowing them, right before he brings something awesome. Other than the 9 coins from the Weekly Strike, is there another consistent way to earn them?

Ryck

No no ryck :p
We didn't wipe once and I wiped once during the 1st HM of the day.
I meant last week,(or was it two weeks ago) first time I played with you guys. Today I did two Hm's with you guys and one normal. No wipes at all.

Fake edit: it was Jan 29th had to look up my YT video of it.

Should I buy something every week from Xur? I only have about 30 strange coins and I'm worried about blowing them, right before he brings something awesome. Other than the 9 coins from the Weekly Strike, is there another consistent way to earn them?

Randomly by decryping engrams.
Strike playlist.
Crucible.
Nightfall rewards.

Buy what you like or feel may suit your playstyle. There are certain weapons and armor that every guardian should have, so if he's selling those, make sure to grab them. Coins have no other use, so no point hoarding them.

coy

I'd be okay with this again. I'll even participate in the drinking with a 3-day weekend coming.

Ok.. thanks. The usual random rewards, except for the weekly heroic strike.

Also, if I never play Crucible, is joining a faction pointless?

Sorry for noob.

You can still get faction items for leveling up the factions, but you'll require crucible marks to purchase faction vendor items, so you can't unless you play crucible.

Better to stick with vangaurd if you're only going to PVE.

I meant last week,(or was it two weeks ago) first time I played with you guys. Today I did two Hm's with you guys and one normal. No wipes at all.

Fake edit: it was Jan 29th had to look up my YT video of it.

Yup, I guess I was just burnt out and couldn't perform consistently plus the issues didn't help. it's a good thing I took a break :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finally all characters are 32 with all of them with the right builds I wanted for each sub-class to boot!
Trying to min/max with the rolls I have so far and it's worked out like almost perfect for me

Look at this shit!
Screenshot Blitzkrieg

Voidwalker Warlock:
dAF84v4.jpg

Sunsinger Warlock:
F3S6epY.jpg

Striker Titan:
QxZpkZs.jpg

Defender Titan (just need Helm-14 =3):
hyTqhdH.jpg

Gunslinger Hunter:
JI0OLAW.jpg

Bladedancer Hunter:
dWxwHY6.jpg

So fucking good!
INT/DIS perfectly set up, only two I have qualms about is Voidwalker Warlock, a lil' too much STR could bump up the DIS and remove some STR from my Body and hope for a INT + DIS roll on my Body
Bladedancer could use a little more DIS but I've been getting more pure 1 stat rolls than shared stat roll on gear
I can survive with Bladedancer @ that # cause it becomes normal again on Gunslinger

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

When first starting out always buy things you only need and will use. Weekly and dailies are the most consistent way to get coins. Once you have a good amount of weapons and gear you will use then you work on buying whatever you want whether for collecting purposes or another build for some other purpose.

Ryck

Yup, I guess I was just burnt out and couldn't perform consistently plus the issues didn't help. it's a good thing I took a break :)
Couldnt perform consistently?!? Really? You are too tough on yourself, I play Crota raid a lot (normal and hard) you are easily the best swordsman I've played with. Playing HM with other people the least amount of wipes on a Crota kill I've ever had was five.

With 30 coins you have enough to get what you want in any given week right now within reason. If there is something you are really gunning for and don't want to miss out. Just save whatever it's cost -9 coins would be and don't drop below that on the off chance Xur brings it next week.

You're lucky I had already done Atheon hard on my titan, you basically got all my loot.

:p

Can you carry my hunter through nightfall?
Pretty please

Couldnt perform consistently?!? Really? You are too tough on yourself, I play Crota raid a lot (normal and hard) you are easily the best swordsman I've played with. Playing HM with other people the least amount of wipes on a Crota kill I've ever had was five.

oh-stop-it-you-240x180.png

I'll be up for running HM again same time ( in 9ish hours)

Jinjo

Finally all characters are 32 with all of them with the right builds I wanted for each sub-class to boot!
Trying to min/max with the rolls I have so far and it's worked out like almost perfect for me

Look at this shit!
Screenshot Blitzkrieg

Voidwalker Warlock:
dAF84v4.jpg

Sunsinger Warlock:
F3S6epY.jpg

Striker Titan:
QxZpkZs.jpg

Defender Titan (just need Helm-14 =3):
hyTqhdH.jpg

Gunslinger Hunter:
JI0OLAW.jpg

Bladedancer Hunter:
dWxwHY6.jpg

So fucking good!
INT/DIS perfectly set up, only two I have qualms about is Voidwalker Warlock, a lil' too much STR could bump up the DIS and remove some STR from my Body and hope for a INT + DIS roll on my Body
Bladedancer could use a little more DIS but I've been getting more pure 1 stat rolls than shared stat roll on gear
I can survive with Bladedancer @ that # cause it becomes normal again on Gunslinger

Nice setups man! Destiny ascendancy for sure. I did the same for all my classes too. Gjallarhorn/Icebreaker on every character and then atleast two other maxed out exotics for them to toy with. Suros/Mythoclast for Titan. Thorn/P&T for Hunter. Hawkmoon/Plan C for Warlock.

My Titan can run 32 with Saint-14/Inmost Light/Ruin Wings/Armamentarium (a few other ones too, but these are the important ones imo). Obisidian Mind/Ahamkara Claws/Starfire Protocol for my Warlock (no Praxic Fire unfortunately :() and then same setup as you for my Hunter. Achlyophage/Third Man.

sogood.gif

Except I'm all out of content to play lol.

Do we think RNG drop rates differ from player to player? I have a friend that no matter what we do rarely gets any guns. While other players starting at the same time have loads by now.

He also says drop rate of engrams is much lower than others based on when people say stuff has dropped in play.

I have a theory that each player has a weapon list on start up which has a percentage chance of certain items dropping. That's why some players get certain weapons repeatedly while others have never seen it.

GlamFM

Banned
Did Crota on Normal yesterday for the first time since HM came out and it was so much fun!

Got the Thunderlord - yay!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Who else thinks Xur is going to sell Heavy ammo tonight, purely because a decent number of hardcore players are taking a break?

1 more week of trolling, before next week when it appears for 3 weeks and disappears again for 7 weeks till House of Wolves =D
Stipend Heavy Ammo Synthesis for Guardians

Do we think RNG drop rates differ from player to player? I have a friend that no matter what we do rarely gets any guns. While other players starting at the same time have loads by now.

He also says drop rate of engrams is much lower than others based on when people say stuff has dropped in play.

I have a theory that each player has a weapon list on start up which has a percentage chance of certain items dropping. That's why some players get certain weapons repeatedly while others have never seen it.

I think there is something going on with it. For example in the early days everyone else was getting Legendary Scout Rifles but I never got a single one. Even to this day I've only had a handful drop. Curiously, during that entire time, I was using Uncommon or Rare Scouts, whereas my friends were using Auto Rifles exclusively. I've had similar things happen with Exotic weapons too. So, the game gives you weapon types that you don't typically use? Maybe? Hmm.

I am not sure any of it holds true, and it's all just blind luck. One thing for 100% sure though is certain weapons have a weighting against them, and JollyHorn is definitely in the Against end of the scale.

Lima

It never fails: people dismiss it until they try it once with a real group, then they can't go back to EZ, haha. Getting a group of 4+ people together to run in circles chaining supers vs. Lv27 mobs doesn't seem like that high of a bar to clear if the basic strat was spread around enough, and LFG sites used "glimmer farming" options for people to meet up.

Who knows, maybe it would never take off in the larger community, I would just be really interested to see if there would be any response to it gaining more popularity.

Well first off you need the checkpoint. Then you should be getting a couple people because doing it alone is not faster than exclusion zone and even then a run with a Obsidian Mind warlock on exclusion zone only takes a minute.

I mean I like the gatekeeper farming. Especially with a couple friends and all hunters it's really fun and a lot less boring than exclusion zone. If you just need some glimmer and are by yourself though? I would go for exclusion zone.

Took my friend through his first raid, it was VOG on hard. He did fine and we finished.

Templar kill: I got Praedyth's Revenge

Him, fatebringer.

Whyyyyyyy

lol gg NFall team, that was entertaining!

Bombastico w/ the Plan C, Dhruv gets carried to some sweet, sweet coins!

edit: sorry no mic now but yeah I can help run another one real quick.

Top Bottom