• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

How is Helm of Innermost Light? Should I even bother if I have Glasshouse and Skullfort? Seems like Saint 14 is the only top tier must have.

Helm of Inn Light is a PvP exotic to me, and even then I'd rather roll Armamentarium or the exotic shoulder charge boots with a Striker build. They were my first exotic armor and got me to Lv30 so I have some nostalgic affection, but they don't compare to some of the great exotic armors Titans have available.

Then again, what else are you gonna spend your coins on???

2 new exotic armors for me.. ill take it over last week anyway

xur ain't selling the horn until the game popularity hits its lowest trough in between house of wolves

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I just discarded 96 strange coins out of the 320 or so I have. you know why Xur? Because I can.

What have you done, Xur is hoping he brings some ware you might partake so he can continue doing his laundry with the extra luxury options
I mean even an Agent of the Nine needs to have the right of picking "Turbo Mode Cleaning", "1 extra Cold Water Cycle", "Rinse 2 cycles over" and the best "Dirt Cleanser"

What do you get when dismantling coins?

Discarded = Thrown Away
Dismantled = Broken Down

Helm of Inn Light is a PvP exotic to me, and even then I'd rather roll Armamentarium or the exotic shoulder charge boots with a Striker build. They were my first exotic armor and got me to Lv30 so I have some nostalgic affection, but they don't compare to some of the great exotic armors Titans have available.

Then again, what else are you gonna spend your coins on???

I don't have the Pokemon urge for Armor so I will just save the coins... for something...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I ain't even mad. Thanks for making taking a break from your silly game an easy choice, Bungie.

Back to Far Cry 4.

Dhruv got nightfall.
Xur got fuckall.

I don't need to log into destiny till next reset.
wtzgU.gif

Steroyd

At least I have 3 hard CE raids to do which I'll do whenever... Is what I said on Wednesday ffs.

Everyone is taking a break from the game and here I am the only one who wants to play but is still waiting on the Wife enrage timer to cool off.

GraveRobberX

Welp I need 3 Crota HM runs and 3 Oracle/Templar and I still do bounties daily!

*DAT* Content Struggle + Addiction
Where art thou The Order 1886, take me you mustache brazen bastardo!

Feorax

Bought an Ice Breaker purely so I didn't have to upgrade the one my Titan has to 331 dmg.

I do wonder if Ice Breaker is a reaction to a dwindling player base though. They made a huge deal of it last time Xur had it, as if it was this big event.

I suspect if things carry on as they are, Xur might just have to bring something very special next week.

At least I have 3 hard CE raids to do which I'll do whenever... Is what I said on Wednesday ffs.

haha yeah I've killed HM Scrota twice... done other parts once... don't really care but I'm down to run something if you want to do it this weekend maybe. The only thing I could possibly want from CE is a Titan helm w/ Infusion but already did HM Scrota w/ that character.

Shito

I suspect if things carry on as they are, Xur might just have to bring something very special next week.
Maybe they are just waiting for the week The Order releases to unleash the Horn?

Yeah, no, I can't even convince myself anymore of Bungie having any thought at all about Xur. ^^

Bought an Ice Breaker purely so I didn't have to upgrade the one my Titan has to 331 dmg.

I do wonder if Ice Breaker is a reaction to a dwindling player base though. They made a huge deal of it last time Xur had it, as if it was this big event.

Maybe, although the repeat play design of the game is primarily driven by the desire for carrot-on-a-stick loot. The main reason people are slowly falling by the wayside is they have most or all of what they want. No one plays Crota's End dozens of times for fun, they do it for that one drop they want.

If they bring some highly coveted items, it may give a temporary boost to player activity, but it would wear off within a couple of weeks. It's a one-time shot in the arm, even for Gjallarhorn.

The game needs more content and more carrots to chase.

Shito

Maybe, although the repeat play design of the game is primarily driven by the desire for carrot-on-a-stick loot. The main reason people are slowly falling by the wayside is they have most or all of what they want. No one plays Crota's End dozens of times for fun, they do it for that one drop they want.

If they bring some highly coveted items, it may give a temporary boost to player activity, but it would wear off within a couple of weeks. It's a one-time shot in the arm, even for Gjallarhorn.

The game needs more content and more carrots to chase.
I, for one, would play much more if Xur once sold the Horn.
First of all, to level up the three of them I would buy, and then I would try and solo some more content with it. That would at least give me one or two more things to do each week.

SkylineRKR

I find you guys patience admirable. I gave up 2 weeks ago. Checked Xur online to see if he would sell a Hard Light or something, so I got something new to level up. But he won't. Not even HA synth. So I won't be returning anytime soon.

You can guess the next cycle:

No Land Beyond -> Omnigul -> Dragon's breath.

I am not as bothered about the no heavy ammo as I thought I'd be. I realized that I only needed it for Crota's End (Hard) and I'm very much done with that altogether.

Nightfalls/Gorgon's Chests/Atheon/Normal Crota is all I play outside of Crucible with friends. Don't really need heavy ammo synths for any of that.

You can guess the next cycle:

No Land Beyond -> Omnigul -> Dragon's breath.

Xur may still be RNG, but I do think they have modifiers on him, that like the Daily and Weekly's that pick DLC content at a higher per capita rate, Xur has a higher than normal chance of rolling an all DLC week. The particular items are RNG, but within the very small and limited pool of TDB exotics. Explains why we had 2 identical Xur inventories.

Steroyd

haha yeah I've killed HM Scrota twice... done other parts once... don't really care but I'm down to run something if you want to do it this weekend maybe. The only thing I could possibly want from CE is a Titan helm w/ Infusion but already did HM Scrota w/ that character.

Still need that one normal Crota kill to, I've nearly mustered enough fucks to play, now that I completed Tales of Xillia.

Heavy Ammo just needs to be made a permanent fixture in Xur's list.

The only reason we eat through so much heavy ammo in the first place is the heavy ammo glitch (the bad one), it should have been in Xur's wares until they fixed their shit at the bare minimum.

GraveRobberX

Pls don't hurt their feelings by "whining" so much GR-X. :)

Clearly they are very concerned with treating their player base with respect.

I'm not an adult, I don't get to play with them like some others do, civil discourse this, herp derp that!

I got one of those in a strike tonight. I assume you're being facetious, because it's one of the worst guns I've used in the game.

I am man
I always call out a No Land Beyond whenever it drops

I do it on Deathsinger and Crota religiously
(I mean most of DGAF I have played with can attest to this)

I always go "Someone gonna get trolled with NLB exotic", then someone gets trolled

They should start with some heavy ammo

This has been the longest without heavy ammo I can remember. Since The week before hard aced came out right?

2 new exotic armors for me.. ill take it over last week anyway

xur ain't selling the horn until the game popularity hits its lowest trough in between house of wolves

I guess that will be the big event we're all waiting for right? Something to hold us over until HoW? "Xur sells Gjallarhorn!"

Jinjo

"Keep that feedback coming!"

WINK WINK NUDGE LOL

More like: "Keep those salty tears flowing!"

Good to know that I don't need to log in this weekend either and don't have to bother with the weeklies next week even since I am still swimming in coins.

Thank you Bungie for making it easy to kick Destiny.

Nuszka

So just woke up , checked the forum and i actually forgot it is xur day (busy at work). Shortly after realized there is nothing for me, again , third week in a row. Bungie i want to play your game, honestly , just let me do it. Except reset tuesdays i play an hour a day now, i miss it. I need the carrot, give it to me.

1. Moi
2. Baby
3. Forrest
4. Coy
5. Ruthless
6. His buddy

Wow you guys are awesome and an amazing team thanks for carrying a noob through his first VoG run was kinda like a lost puppy.As if that wasnt enough I did my first CE hard mode things went so smoothly,runs are always that smooth on hard right?

Lol i kid but you guys are awesome now my sons gonna peeved i ran CE hard without him.:)

If anyone needs a hunter or warlock im on and can help with anything just add Legendkilla3rd

Carbonox

At least I don't have to switch my existing Icebreaker back and forth between the character I'm using. I can now buy enough so all 3 characters keep one.

Will get the Hunter chest and Warlock helm too as those are still in progress.

Better than last week's Xur as I actually have use for his shit this week but nothing to make me excited. Only Gjallarhorn would make me dribble as my drop rate luck is pony.

Is there something ridiculously OP about the Heart of Praxic Fire that they're refusing to sell it. Really I just don't get it. I would like the Gjallarhorn to be sold again but at least he's sold that once so no biggie. But why has he never sold Praxic Fire. He's repeated Sunbreakers like 8 times but never once sold Praxic Fire.

This is not making me wanna play the game more. This is not making me chase that carrot on a stick. It's just making me ignore the damn carrot. It's just perplexing how they're handling this game.

Well I'll log back on next reset so I can be disappointed by all the ass shards the nightfall gives me. Freaking Bungie!!

Skele7on

Banned
I feel the issue with Xur is at this rate the majority of us are only in need of one weapon.

So no matter what he sells it's going to be shit, sure the heavy ammo situation is ridiculous, but at least you're getting your Cabal grimoire score up...

At this point Xur has a destiny to always fail, I mean imagine if this was week 3-4 and he sold this kind of gear, damn that'd be a lot of happy guardians....

At this point we have played farrrrrrrrr too many hours for Xur to be truly effective for us.

bitsurugi

I gave up on the heavy ammo.

Don't actually care at that point since:

a) upgraded already everything and i can spare all the glimmer on heavy ammo

b) Crota HM is on farm status, since most ppl became confortable with the fight, unlike week 1/2 of HM

c) the heavy ammo glitch is insanely good, can be done with just a few second of extra shootings prior the fight and it yields sooooooo much heavy, that you can shoot GGhorns into Thralls and still have more the enough for the whole Crota fight.

GraveRobberX

Explain please? Why so good?

Get 3-4 Guardians, easy on GAF cause everyone and their Hive mother needs Heavy Ammo packs do to Xur being a non-Heavy Synth Giving Dickwad
Go to room

Start from left side portal, a total of 16 Gold Goblins and HobGoblins await
First 2 can be wrekt with melee, if a Titan, shoulder charge the one at the cliff (the first one) watch it fall into the abyss
Then Hobo's start appearing, use 1 super (get the Hunter if you have to use 4 shots of GG or Bladedance the next 4)
Then Titan Smash the 2 around the corner
Then Warlock Nova bombs the 4 across from the area your in to the steps looking to the right portal
Then either Titan/Warlock kills the last 4
Takes 20-30 seconds if you time it right
16 dead Gold enemies netting +400 Glimmer, pop a Blue Polyphage, jumps to +592 glimmer
In 10-15 minutes you 25,000 Glimmer cap from say < 1,000 Glimmer and walk away with roughly 25+ Axiom Beads which are +200 per from the Cryptarch
You keep those safe in the vault as a "savings" account
Every 100 Axiom Beads = 20,000 Glimmer

If you can get full 6 in party for GK, just super chain to your hearts desire and watch the glimmer come in so fucking fast that people in 30 minutes spend roughly 40K+ glimmer and still have 15-20K+ left over

Also Pro-Tip: Equip any Exotic armor you want to level, every 5 cycles 1 bubble fills up, max bubble so fucking quick

Best day to farm is day of Xur, if good exotic armor, equip, grab a few DGAF Guardian go farm and earn the combo wombo I bestowed upon thee

I feel the issue with Xur is at this rate the majority of us are only in need of one weapon.

So no matter what he sells it's going to be shit, sure the heavy ammo situation is ridiculous, but at least you're getting your Cabal grimoire score up...

At this point Xur has a destiny to always fail, I mean imagine if this was week 3-4 and he sold this kind of gear, damn that'd be a lot of happy guardians....

At this point we have played farrrrrrrrr too many hours for Xur to be truly effective for us.

As someone who's been playing since day one and has been unlucky with drops and has only had 6 exotic weapons drop for me, I still look forward to Xur cos there's a chance he'll have something I don't have as long as he brings something new. It is always the same shit over and over. Hard Light? Thunderlord? Praxic Fire? Any of those would be Ok but it's the same over and over again.

Shito

No excuse for them not to make him sell heavy ammos before the patch for the bug is out.
No excuse for them not to make him sell the items he never sold once for no other reason than "because".
No excuse for them to make him have so many repeats.

Not even talking about the Horn (even though I'm still craving one), those little things would go a long way into making him more "fair" and less of a troll.
I don't mind him being useless to me, but I do mind him constantly doing us the middle finger.

Top Bottom