• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Namikaze1

hqdefault.jpg

It's actually around 27 hours but whatevs.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, no problem, I'll definitely be running later in the day. I just got into work so I won't be home for another 8 hours or so.

Someone mentioned you can level exotic armor in the gatekeeper glimmer farm spot. Does this work for exotic weapons as well?
It's a lot slower for weapons. Armor gets XP on kills, whereas weapons get XP when you get a kill using then. Since most kills at GK are with supers I don't think you'll gnet much XP on your guns.

I might be wrong in this but I think it's how it works.

GutZ31

It's a lot slower for weapons. Armor gets XP on kills, whereas weapons get XP when you get a kill using then. Since most kills at GK are with supers I don't think you'll gnet much XP on your guns.

I might be wrong in this but I think it's how it works.

You are correct.
Armor levels quickly on the gatekeeper part, while weapons need to be used to gain XP.

This leaves me with NO heavy ammo to speak of, so it's either glimmer farming or just paying something else for a change...

I guess it's finally time to play South Park TSoT.

ethomaz

Banned
Xur had two new Exotics for me...

Crest of Alpha Lupi
Light Beyond Nemesis

Everything else useless... no Monte Carlo upgrade... no heavy ammo... no Exotic Engram.

Meh Ice Breaker (well I don't think it will ever shell a weapon I need because 4th Horseman and Necrochasm are not available to sell).

Looks like I won't even bother logging in for Xur this morning. I hadn't done the weeklies this week either waiting to see if it would be worth my time and looks like it's not. Surprise surprise. This might be the straw that broke the camels back. Looking forward to playing N3DS today...

The other night during the Bungie raid run, they said they don't want any part of the raids to be farmed for anything other than raid loot. They weren't talking about normal Gk specifically, but it does make me wonder if they'll patch it out
That would be so ridiculous. Which, I guess would make perfect sense considering histrory with this game. If you have high level characters, you should usually be swimming in most materials/currencies (unless they are supposed to be extremely rare). It's already bad enough. Higher level enemies should give more glimmer, imo. A level 30 major should be dropping MUCH more than a level 9 major. /end rant :p

What, 2 times? D: probably in october or something right...
Fuck the Hard Light though, it sucks.
I have two hard lights that I never use (sweet gun - shame it got the auto rifle curse from bungle), but I'd be just fine if Xur sold it if only for the fact I know he never has. There have been so many repeats... even with the total amount of exotics being limited, they could absolute make the rotation less antic.

patchday

The other night during the Bungie raid run, they said they don't want any part of the raids to be farmed for anything other than raid loot. They weren't talking about normal Gk specifically, but it does make me wonder if they'll patch it out

They nerf GK glimmer farm I'm going to be pretty pissed. Crucible gives frak all for Glimmer awards. and I'm burned out on Crucible as it is for many reasons I've mentioned before (lack of map voting, tired of one shots, no ranking, etc). Hopefully Destiny 2 will have a more complete PvP foundation that can last over the long haul like Halo 3 did.

Anyone else pickup Evolve on PS4? Send me an invite @ sandboxgod. I hit L32 on my Hunter. Got much more time for other games! :D

So now my Titans and Hunter is L32. All that is left is maybe Word of Crota. Might be nice to have a proper void handcannon. Although I cant see anything ever ever topping Fatebringer

Shito

Will be playing The Order as well next week.
Only way for Bungie to take me some time out of it would be to sell the Horn next Friday.

E92 M3

They nerf GK glimmer farm I'm going to be pretty pissed. Crucible gives frak all for Glimmer awards. and I'm burned out on Crucible as it is for many reasons I've mentioned before (lack of map voting, tired of one shots, no ranking, etc). Hopefully Destiny 2 will have a more complete PvP foundation that can last over the long haul like Halo 3 did.

Anyone else pickup Evolve on PS4? Send me an invite @ sandboxgod. I hit L32 on my Hunter. Got much more time for other games! :D

So now my Titans and Hunter is L32. All that is left is maybe Word of Crota. Might be nice to have a proper void handcannon. Although I cant see anything ever ever topping Fatebringer

To much of my own surprise - I am liking the Word of Crota a lot. Will even use it over the Fatebringer for the Hive.

patchday

Yep I'll be preordering The Order as well.

This month will be playing Evolve and The Order.

Next month Bloodborne comes out and I already know that will be a major life sucker. Bloodborne will require at least 2-3 playthroughs for me to feel half way content cause I know I will botch my first playthrough if its anything like it's kin (Demons' Souls, Dark souls)

noomi

Paying off my copy later today. Can't wait to play this next week.

I'm super hyped!

Will be playing The Order as well next week.
Only way for Bungie to take me some time out of it would be to sell the Horn next Friday.

Ditto, I really need something else on my PS4 for a change.

I have nothing left to do in destiny but bounties over and over and play the roc strike playlist. I refuse to play pvp without a hawkmoon.

Shito

Yep I'll be preordering The Order as well.

This month will be playing Evolve and The Order.

Next month Bloodborne comes out and I already know that will be a major life sucker. Bloodborne will require at least 2-3 playthroughs for me to feel half way content cause I know I will botch my first playthrough if its anything like it's kin (Demons' Souls, Dark souls)
I'm still wary towards Bloodborne. I'm a HUGE fan of the Souls games, but for once it seems to be changing from the formula quite a bit. I will buy it and beat it, but we'll see if I love it just as much as the precedent ones to make challenge runs and spend hundreds of hours on it.
On a side note: I recommend anyone to try a caestus only run on Dark Souls 2. Not that hard, and reaaaally fun to do! <3

LiK

I'm still wary towards Bloodborne. I'm a HUGE fan of the Souls games, but for once it seems to be changing from the formula quite a bit. I will buy it and beat it, but we'll see if I love it just as much as the precedent ones to make challenge runs and spend hundreds of hours on it.
On a side note: I recommend anyone to try a caestus only run on Dark Souls 2. Not that hard, and reaaaally fun to do! <3

I've heard nothing but great things from previews. gonna be fucking amazing.

E92 M3

With all Destiny stuff done mostly, I will continue playing Titanfall on the weekend. Best multiplayer shooter out there. It's perfect for me: Destiny for PVE and Coop - TF for PVP.

Shito

I've heard nothing but great things from previews. gonna be fucking amazing.
I hope so.
I've shut myself down from previews and reviews a few months ago, because I know I'm going to buy it either way, and I don't want to spoil myself too much. Funny how when doing that games seem to release much quicker than when following their advance day by day: can't believe it's already about to come out! :)

blazeuk

Got my 3rd character up to level 26 (just need gloves to go to 28), hopefully then I can find a CE group to carry me so I can pick up some armour since it seems pointless upgrading anything but my exotic helmet until I have raid armour. What's the minimum level to be able to join a normal CE run?

With The Order being only a week away I'm going to try and get this last character to at least level 30 before then.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm excited for next Friday…

z07Osml.jpg

haha awesome!

I go off skiing next Saturday, but having this to come back to and raids will be awesome!

Also as soon as I get home from the Airport my N3ds will be at home waiting.

Pretty cool month ahead!

Still annoyed that DLC won't be for ages, makes me feel stupid for rushing the HM x3 a week when really could have slowed the pace and enjoyed it as I really haven't gotten that much from it sure the weapons, but other than that nothing in terms of exotics..

Namikaze1

Majora's Mask 3D came out today. Haven't decided if I'll buy it once I go over to GameStop in an hour. I probably will. If I do, good bye Destiny till early March.

Yesterday I found out on Comedy Bang Bang that David Cross and Brian Posehn did punch up script work on Destiny. Struggling to figure out what they did that made it in the final game.

Bizazedo

Yep, PS4 Bizazedo here. Evolve is great fun thus far. Not level 32 yet, haven't played enough yet, but wrecked many a Monster the last two nights in a premade. Even a Wraith.

With all Destiny stuff done mostly, I will continue playing Titanfall on the weekend. Best multiplayer shooter out there. It's perfect for me: Destiny for PVE and Coop - TF for PVP.

And I still love Titanfall :).

Deku Tree

Alpha Lupi (Hunter) from Xur has 143 Max Strength
Then you can further Xurbish it for one exotic shard and about 7.5K glimmer to get it to 159 Max Strength

Meh I didn't do it because I don't care about Strength and I might not wear it even though I bought it because I'm a collector.

Top Bottom