• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Skele7on

Banned
Get 3-4 Guardians, easy on GAF cause everyone and their Hive mother needs Heavy Ammo packs do to Xur being a non-Heavy Synth Giving Dickwad
Go to room

Start from left side portal, a total of 16 Gold Goblins and HobGoblins await
First 2 can be wrekt with melee, if a Titan, shoulder charge the one at the cliff (the first one) watch it fall into the abyss
Then Hobo's start appearing, use 1 super (get the Hunter if you have to use 4 shots of GG or Bladedance the next 4)
Then Titan Smash the 2 around the corner
Then Warlock Nova bombs the 4 across from the area your in to the steps looking to the right portal
Then either Titan/Warlock kills the last 4
Takes 20-30 seconds if you time it right
16 dead Gold enemies netting +400 Glimmer, pop a Blue Polyphage, jumps to +592 glimmer
In 10-15 minutes you 25,000 Glimmer cap from say < 1,000 Glimmer and walk away with roughly 25+ Axiom Beads which are +200 per from the Cryptarch
You keep those safe in the vault as a "savings" account
Every 100 Axiom Beads = 20,000 Glimmer

If you can get full 6 in party for GK, just super chain to your hearts desire and watch the glimmer come in so fucking fast that people in 30 minutes spend roughly 40K+ glimmer and still have 15-20K+ left over

Also Pro-Tip: Equip any Exotic armor you want to level, every 5 cycles 1 bubble fills up, max bubble so fucking quick

Best day to farm is day of Xur, if good exotic armor, equip, grab a few DGAF Guardian go farm and earn the combo wombo I bestowed upon thee

Dat is fucking ridiculous.

SAiLO

Xur?

Guess I'll buy warlock helmet and upgrade Apotheosis Veil.
Ridiculous, that there isn't any heavy ammo.

Thanks for not fixing the heavy ammo bug bungie.

Little bummed that xur is selling a weapon that he already sold very recently however it does allow me to buy one for an alt I'm going to start levelling tonight. Spare coins so why not.

Obviously doesn't need to be said anymore but definitely bummed about no heavy again.

phen0m24

Well with no synth again (Unreal Bungie just Unreal) I'll try out the heavy ammo trick. And I guess I'll buy a 3rd IB.

Dhruv, Mindlog, GRX, Macello, Ruthles et all if you guys are doing HM Crota today I only want the Fang. Would love to get in on that action even if only the checkpoint. Took off today as my son has a vacation day from school.

32 Titan Warlock and Hunter
331 Word of Scrota
331 Horn
331 Ice Breaker
331 Armor Piercing LDR

If I get one more Word of Crota I'll scream

Vaderno.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well with no synth again (Unreal Bungie just Unreal) I'll try out the heavy ammo trick. And I guess I'll buy a 3rd IB.

Dhruv, Mindlog, GRX, Macello, Ruthles et all if you guys are doing HM Crota today I only want the Fang. Would love to get in on that action even if only the checkpoint. Took off today as my son has a vacation day from school.

331 Word of Scrota
331 Horn
331 Ice Breaker
331 Armor Piercing LDR

Vaderno.gif

No 331 No Land Beyond, No Invite!... kidding!

Most likely will try to create Crota HM runs like 6-9pm EST, if you get a group earlier all cools by me

331 Word of Scrota
331 Horn
331 Ice Breaker
331 Armor Piercing LDR

Vaderno.gif

When do you want to do this?

Namikaze1

From reddit:

2xoF2Sa.jpg
They're selling two that are available for upgrades...

CLBridges

Bungie is all about dat RNG. Sometimes I feel like they should kinda take control of their game a little more and bypass their random stuff every now and then, but that's just me. We all know they have the ability to take some of the random out, but somehow they act like Xur is some sentient being and they have no say in the matter lol. Not just singling out Xur, but damn it sometimes feels Bungie is intentionally trying to get people to stop playing their game. Oh well, it is what it is.

phen0m24

When do you want to do this?

Have to take my littlest guy to school in a couple hours and I have a quick dentist appt. Maybe around 10 - 10:30 est?

If you guys are running it would love to hop in and help. :) thanks Darth Penguin

And lol grave true that. True that. Have to see if my son sharded that OP beast

What's fun is that I just got back into the game in the past week. I only have 2 exotic weapons, a far cry from some of you, who have multiples of every one almost.

One of my two.... is the Icebreaker. First week back, and I already get a repeat. Haha

Oh well, upgraded my Titans helm and bought my Warlock a new secondary helm.

Skele7on

Banned
Bungie is all about dat RNG. Sometimes I feel like they should kinda take control of their game a little more and bypass their random stuff every now and then, but that's just me. We all know they have the ability to take some of the random out, but somehow they act like Xur is some sentient being and they have no say in the matter lol. Not just singling out Xur, but damn it sometimes feels Bungie is intentionally trying to get people to stop playing their game. Oh well, it is what it is.

"Any time you have a game system which players cannot understand, it might as well be random. No matter how fair the tiebreaker may be, if a single Assault Rifle bullet can slip by and decide the outcome, it might as well be random. And randomness is a poor substitute for tactics and skillful execution."

Why did they stop applying this philosophy to Destiny?

Jinjo

Helm of Inmost Light
acrest of Alpha Lupi
Light Beyond Nemesis
Ice Breaker
No engram.
No heavy ammo synth.

lol

AThe Heart of Praxic Fire and the Red Death are officially the rarest exotics in the game.

Red Death was sold twice by Xur already... I think you mean Hard Light

Have to take my littlest guy to school in a couple hours and I have a quick dentist appt. Maybe around 10 - 10:30 est?

If you guys are running it would love to hop in and help. :) thanks Darth Penguin

And lol grave true that. True that. Have to see if my son sharded that OP beast

yup, that works for me. 10:30 am est

Took me a few laps to find Xur.This time he legit looks like hes a dope pusher saying "look what i have under my trench coat" standing in the corner of the private room.

Get 3-4 Guardians, easy on GAF cause everyone and their Hive mother needs Heavy Ammo packs do to Xur being a non-Heavy Synth Giving Dickwad
Go to room

Start from left side portal, a total of 16 Gold Goblins and HobGoblins await
First 2 can be wrekt with melee, if a Titan, shoulder charge the one at the cliff (the first one) watch it fall into the abyss
Then Hobo's start appearing, use 1 super (get the Hunter if you have to use 4 shots of GG or Bladedance the next 4)
Then Titan Smash the 2 around the corner
Then Warlock Nova bombs the 4 across from the area your in to the steps looking to the right portal
Then either Titan/Warlock kills the last 4
Takes 20-30 seconds if you time it right
16 dead Gold enemies netting +400 Glimmer, pop a Blue Polyphage, jumps to +592 glimmer
In 10-15 minutes you 25,000 Glimmer cap from say < 1,000 Glimmer and walk away with roughly 25+ Axiom Beads which are +200 per from the Cryptarch
You keep those safe in the vault as a "savings" account
Every 100 Axiom Beads = 20,000 Glimmer

If you can get full 6 in party for GK, just super chain to your hearts desire and watch the glimmer come in so fucking fast that people in 30 minutes spend roughly 40K+ glimmer and still have 15-20K+ left over

Also Pro-Tip: Equip any Exotic armor you want to level, every 5 cycles 1 bubble fills up, max bubble so fucking quick

Best day to farm is day of Xur, if good exotic armor, equip, grab a few DGAF Guardian go farm and earn the combo wombo I bestowed upon thee

The other night during the Bungie raid run, they said they don't want any part of the raids to be farmed for anything other than raid loot. They weren't talking about normal Gk specifically, but it does make me wonder if they'll patch it out

Steroyd

The other night during the Bungie raid run, they said they don't want any part of the raids to be farmed for anything other than raid loot. They weren't talking about normal Gk specifically, but it does make me wonder if they'll patch it out

Haha, then they better find a suitable trading system for glimmer like they did planet materials or they can go fuck themselves we can have a nice colourful discussion over biscuits and tea.

noomi

You gotta be shitting me about no heavy again.... really... REALLY?! I guess icebreaker might make some people happy if they missed that a few weeks back....

I bought the patience and time upgrade, the truth upgrade, and some heavy ammo from the gunsmith for all my characters, now all my guys have at least 10+ heavy ammo synths. Also almost completely upgraded my raid pulse rifle. All of that effectively brought me down to 1000 glimmer.

Thankful to have the gatekeeper checkpoint at least, I'll be farming that tonight.

Matush

Finally got Fang, that was the last HM weapon that I needed, won't touch the HM ever again probably, not worth it with all the bugs.

patchday

You gotta be shitting me about no heavy again.... really... REALLY?! I guess icebreaker might make some people happy if they missed that a few weeks back....

I bought the patience and time upgrade, the truth upgrade, and some heavy ammo from the gunsmith for all my characters, now all my guys have at least 10+ heavy ammo synths. Also almost completely upgraded my raid pulse rifle. All of that effectively brought me down to 1000 glimmer.

Thankful to have the gatekeeper checkpoint at least, I'll be farming that tonight.

wish you were online right now I would grab that checkpoint. I'll try to look for ya later

noomi

wish you were online right now I would grab that checkpoint. I'll try to look for ya later

Yeah, no problem, I'll definitely be running later in the day. I just got into work so I won't be home for another 8 hours or so.

Someone mentioned you can level exotic armor in the gatekeeper glimmer farm spot. Does this work for exotic weapons as well?

patchday

Yeah, no problem, I'll definitely be running later in the day. I just got into work so I won't be home for another 8 hours or so.

Someone mentioned you can level exotic armor in the gatekeeper glimmer farm spot. Does this work for exotic weapons as well?

Yeah its pretty good xp all around

Steroyd

It should, provided you're not trying to level up No Land Beyond.

GutZ31

From a user named FxHVivious:
It always annoys me when these posts make front page. It's not needed to have Gjallarhorn, or any rocket at all, or any 32s in the party, or heavy synths, or a Bladedance swordbearer who knows what he's doing, or max weapons, or a titan bubble. Obviously these are all bullshit myths propagated by the community to fuck over and exclude certain players. :-/

The reality is while technically you can probably down Crota with a full team of 31s all firing primaries with no bubble to protect your Voidwalker swordbearer why the fuck would you want to? All the things people bitch about and say are unnecessary are insurance policies. Everything in that fight is a level about max light level, every yellow bar enemy is a bullet sponge, Crota's shield can take an impressive amount of damage before dropping, and the raid is glitchy as fuck. So why the hell would you not want to stack the deck in your favor?

This is pretty much my thoughts.
Don't need it, but it sure as hell helps.

Top Bottom