• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

patchday

Hawkian and and other GW2 players: how do you feel about this news?

Hm, I would prefer GW2's approach to what we have now. That being said, I don't think that guy is the lead writer for Destiny 2

Still no heavy ammo? Xur is an ass, haha.

Yeah. I'm getting low on glimmer. Luckily most GAF runs I only need like 3 heavy syth tops. Hm, sometimes I do try to cheese and get heavy ammo though. Hoping I can knock out hm crota before the upcoming patch, cough (acquire WoC, already got Abyss and Fang)

Destiny is nothing but a time-consuming lottery.

Yeah :(

Got my 3rd character up to level 26 (just need gloves to go to 28), hopefully then I can find a CE group to carry me so I can pick up some armour since it seems pointless upgrading anything but my exotic helmet until I have raid armour. What's the minimum level to be able to join a normal CE run?

With The Order being only a week away I'm going to try and get this last character to at least level 30 before then.

Yeah hit L30 and bring a Rocket Launcher that has tracking. If that doesn't work; bring a good Machine gun.

Helped some L30s clear Crota normal boss earlier this week. They kept missing Crota and crap cause their rockets didnt track. Finally had to switch to my L32 and ghorn to bring up the DPS and get crota down that run.

Also Pro-Tip: Equip any Exotic armor you want to level, every 5 cycles 1 bubble fills up, max bubble so fucking quick

Best day to farm is day of Xur, if good exotic armor, equip, grab a few DGAF Guardian go farm and earn the combo wombo I bestowed upon thee

Are you sure it fills up one bubble after just 5 cycles? Because that is massive amounts of XP gain, I'd rather do this than do those stupid-ass bounties.

I'm excited for next Friday…

z07Osml.jpg
Ha! I love it! Yeah, The Order is one of my most hyped games. I even took a three-day weekend to run through it. :D

Yesterday I found out on Comedy Bang Bang that David Cross and Brian Posehn did punch up script work on Destiny. Struggling to figure out what they did that made it in the final game.
I seriously can't imagine anything they wrote made it into the final game. They are quality writers, with a great sense of humor, all of which is completely nonexistent in Destiny.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yesterday I found out on Comedy Bang Bang that David Cross and Brian Posehn did punch up script work on Destiny. Struggling to figure out what they did that made it in the final game.
Wait, what? Really??

I seriously can't imagine anything they wrote made it into the final game. They are quality writers, with a great sense of humor, all of which is completely nonexistent in Destiny.
I don't have time to tell you what I don't have time to tell you is a pretty dumb line they could have written.

Shito

"Hey little one" / "that's not funny".
Can't think of any other thing being remotely close to smile-worthy in the whole game.

Anyone have a Gorgon CP? Need something to perk me up from these Xurday blues.

Edit: Just because they were hired to do punch up, doesn't necessarily mean any of their contributions made the final cut. There is so little dialogue in the final game, my guess is huge chunks were cut late in the game. There doesn't seem to be enough source material to work with to justify hiring at least two punch up writers.

TheOddOne

I know, right? You'd think there would be lots more...opposite of what we got.
I don't think we will hear what was going on behind the scenes, for at least awhile. Usually these things sneak out through interviews years after release, and most of the time people just gloss over them because it’s not the hot thing right then. It’s going to fascinating to hear people talk candidly on shipping Destiny, if ever. One thing is for sure, it was a rocky production.

Anyone able to help with the kill xyor strike? Thought I would solo it but the epic modifier is making it damn slow. Message tp_Drewz if you can. Thanks.

E92 M3

Bungie needs to further incentivise the community to help each other by having secondary rewards (once the weekly ones are obtained) for completing the activity again. Say, the NF can give blue engrams second time around or heavy ammo. The raid can do the same. There are so many small things they can do to help the game grow. It doesn't need to be huge.

blazeuk

Yeah hit L30 and bring a Rocket Launcher that has tracking. If that doesn't work; bring a good Machine gun.

Helped some L30s clear Crota normal boss earlier this week. They kept missing Crota and crap cause their rockets didnt track. Finally had to switch to my L32 and ghorn to bring up the DPS and get crota down that run.

Had a quick search and I guess it's 3 levels below which makes sense since a few of us carried a couple of 27's through it the other day, I really just need to get some legendary gloves to get to 28, not going to bother upgrading anything apart from my exotic if I can help it since it's only going to get sharded when I get raid gear. I suppose I can always try to get some VoG gloves to drop for me.

Someone please give me some advice. I only have enough to buy one:

• Helm of Inmost Light
  • Icebreaker
I am a Titan Striker which I hear that helm is good for, though I do not play PvP. I also do not really like to use sniper rifles that much. But I hear so much about Icebreaker that it seems i shouldn't miss that.

Either one will be my first exotic.

Omni

What is meant to be happening?
I may have misinterpreted it. They're just telling us what is gonna happen sometime next week, I suppose.

Thanks for playing. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for waiting patiently for the next game update. We’re excited to tell you about what it holds in store for Strikes next week.
(from weekly update)

E92 M3

• Helm of Inmost Light
  • Icebreaker
I am a Titan Striker which I hear that helm is good for, though I do not play PvP. I also do not really like to use sniper rifles that much. But I hear so much about Icebreaker that it seems i shouldn't miss that.

ICE BREAKER

It will be used for your whole Destiny career. BUY IT and don't look back. You will thank me tomorrow.

Wait, what? Really??

I don't have time to tell you what I don't have time to tell you is a pretty dumb line they could have written.

What if I told you they have broken the bekenstein limit and couldnt fit the story on the disc?!?!

edit: whoa!! Who is this person at the first post of the page?! Some stranger

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What, you didn't like "The World's Grave, not ours"???
"Where's his ghost?"

• Helm of Inmost Light
  • Icebreaker

Yes, buy icebreaker. Ideally you'd want helm of saint 14 as the helmet exotic, but he will never sell it again it seems.

What if I told you they have broken the bekenstein limit and couldnt fit the story on the disc?!?!

edit: whoa!! Who is this person at the first post of the page?! Some stranger
Bungie should hire Ikuhara, since Luke Smith himself promised
lesbian bears
in the last thread.

Gao gao

Hmmm Playstation TV going on sale on amazon shortly.... supposed to be a great deal. I don't know much about it really, but everyone says get it... it works with destiny.

Decisions decisions.....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991142
Get it, buy Persona 4 Golden, enjoying spending 60-100 hours playing a game that is fun.

The only bad thing about Vita nowadays is that they gave away all the good games on PS+ years ago. Although I suppose none of the big games even work on Vita TV anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Homeboyd

• Helm of Inmost Light
  • Icebreaker

Holy GOD get Ice Breaker without question. Best exotic ever. Inmost is mediocre at best and is really more a pvp exotic anyways. Ice Breaker is the GOAT.

DON'T YOU DARE PASS ON THIS GUN.

patchday

• Helm of Inmost Light
  • Icebreaker

IceBreaker!!! I think Helm of Innermost Light is a useless thing. Looks awesome though! But those perks.... ugh....

Esp right now Icebreaker is useful for the heavy ammo glitch which will be patched eventually.

edit- Btw best Striker exotic is probably those boots that extends shoulder charge. Pwns! So much fun!! Next after than is that striker helm that gives ya health for picking up orbs. It's called, um, Skullfort! I got that thing maxed. Life saver in Hard mode Crota.

use ice breaker til you get Black Hammer. But even after, you will need Icebreaker for endless waves of Cheese

Hmmm Playstation TV going on sale on amazon shortly.... supposed to be a great deal. I don't know much about it really, but everyone says get it... it works with destiny.

Decisions decisions.....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991142

I picked one up on a whim, and promptly returned it. It's called Playstation TV, but it doesn't have any TV apps. And, you can't even stream Netflix or Amazon from the PS4 through it. It had a bunch of other weird things like I would have to go to the living room and log on to my account on the PS4 before I could play Destiny on the PSTV upstairs. It also looked like it was tied to my account, and the kids couldn't use it to remote play on their accounts (not sure since I returned it and didn't look too hard for a solution).

IceBreaker!!! I think Helm of Innermost Light is a useless thing. Looks awesome though! But those perks.... ugh....

Esp right now Icebreaker is useful for the heavy ammo glitch which will be patched eventually.

use ice breaker til you get Black Hammer. But even after, you will need Icebreaker for endless waves of Cheese

Sounds good. Everyone is so pissed off about Xur all the time (and I understand why) but I'm so far behind in this game that I'm just now buying my first exotic and I'm pretty excited about it.

boofa

Neo Member

• Helm of Inmost Light
  • Icebreaker

Ice Breaker for sure. It will be way more useful than the helm overall. I would say both, but since you can only afford one, do not pass up Ice Breaker. I did the first time it was sold forever ago for the same reason you mention and I regretted it every day after until he sold them again because I never got one to drop.

Homeboyd

Sounds good. Everyone is so pissed off about Xur all the time (and I understand why) but I'm so far behind in this game that I'm just now buying my first exotic and I'm pretty excited about it.
And it just happens to be the best exotic in the game. Yeah, I use it over gjallarhorn 90% of the time.

G

O

A

T

Definity

Playing in a group last night and had crota almost dead on hard mode. The swordbearer decided to run into ogre room and instantly teleport somehow to right underneath the crystal room. Seen my fair share of BS glitches but that's the first I seen that one.

Shito

Ice Breaker was my first exotic as well, the first time Xur sold it.
You can't go wrong with it, it's really a must have.
To give you an idea: I now have 3 of them, one for each of my characters, so I don't have to pass it on to them each time I switch.

patchday

Like you, Xur usually has something I need too. Although I play this game super hardcore when I'm active I like to take breaks to play other games. Didn't even buy Crota expansion til Jan 16th! Was busy playing DA:I, CoD: AW, & D3 Ultimate edition at the time!

I still need those Titan ruin wings!

I don't think we will hear what was going on behind the scenes, for at least awhile. Usually these things sneak out through interviews years after release, and most of the time people just gloss over them because it’s not the hot thing right then. It’s going to fascinating to hear people talk candidly on shipping Destiny, if ever. One thing is for sure, it was a rocky production.
All I want now is David Cross to be the voice of my Ghost. :-(

patchday

Ice Breaker was my first exotic as well, the first time Xur sold it.
You can't go wrong with it, it's really a must have.
To give you an idea: I now have 3 of them, one for each of my characters, so I don't have to pass it on to them each time I switch.

I wish I had 3 icebreakers!! I only have 2 :(

Such a hassle switching guns at the tower.

Maybe I should buy a 3rd! Thanks!!! LOL

Omni

And it just happens to be the best exotic in the game. Yeah, I use it over gjallarhorn 90% of the time.

G

O

A

T

Really? As far as I can tell there are just two uses for the ice breaker right now. Sniping oracles on hard VoG and cheesing heavy ammo for Crota. In every other situation black hammer is gonna be more useful. Has more impact too.

Homeboyd

Really? As far as I can tell there are just two uses for the ice breaker right now. Sniping oracles on hard VoG and cheesing heavy ammo for Crota. In every other situation black hammer is gonna be more useful. Has more impact too.
I can't do this. Not today rawr. I have work to do.

He is great for new players :) but for weirdos like us who do the raids rigt at reset and have every exotic weapons in the game..we just want heavy ammo D:

Top Bottom