• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Sullichin

We just need a better RL than GH to come out, like Black Hammer and Efrideet's Spear eclipse Ice Breaker. Then Xur will be permitted to sell the Horn again and it will be pointless.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm quaking in my boots thinking what I'm gonna do with my hunter. He's L32 now. That means I'll be bringing him to down HM crota. I'll probably be expected to DPS now <shudders>
you can run sword and roll with ice breaker to stunlock the swordbearer

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Xur not selling heavy ammo this week is a perfect indictment of Bungie being completely unable to react to the community in a reasonable amount of time (unless it's something benefitting them like making Queen's Wrath gear not give ascendant mats in the middle of the week). Like ok. I get it. Somehow the code is so wrecked that it's taking 5 months to fix the heavy ammo bug. But in the meantime there are SO many relatively easy options to alleviate the community's frustration about it.

• Lower the price of HA Synths (either at Gunsmith or Eris or both)
  • Tack them on as a reward to at least one bounty a day
  • Tack them on as a guaranteed reward for Dailies
  • Tack them on as a reward for doing Public Events
  • GUARANTEE XUR SELLS THEM EVERY WEEK
Etc etc. I don't want to hear about how you don't have control of Xur. We KNOW you have control of Xur. He is not some rogue sentient program that you created and left to his own devices to fuck with us every week. In the end, you (Bungie) have the power to make him sell HA Synth, which is something everyone seems to agree is the LEAST you could do at the moment as a mea culpa, and for some reason you refuse to. Why?

I agree. One of my biggest turnoffs to Bungie right now. Throwing us a bone by at least putting it for sale is such a simple thing to do. Kinda insulting that they don't.

BokehKing

Banned
He is selling ice breaker again? Wtf?

Did anyone listen to that Guardian radio podcast a week ago with that guy from bungie on there who sounded very defensive of xur and everything else wrong with the game? He sounded a question away from flipping out (imo)

E92 M3

He is selling ice breaker again? Wtf?

Did anyone listen to that Guardian radio podcast a week ago with that guy from bungie on there who sounded very defensive of xur and everything else wrong with the game? He sounded a question away from flipping out (imo)

Link please - I never listened to this podcast.

Remember this?

Is your Avatar on there?

Shit, that brings back memories. I'm an engine lol.

Or fuck, increase heavy ammo drop rate in that little Crystal room. It's straight up bad design expecting all us to be walking around with 100 heavy ammo syths for this battle. Granted, with Gaf I am only using up to 3 at most on HM Crota. But that's because I'm usually the distration titan my dps not needed. But it would suck if I was a dps role.

I'm quaking in my boots thinking what I'm gonna do with my hunter. He's L32 now. That means I'll be bringing him to down HM crota. I'll probably be expected to DPS now <shudders>

At least for now our guardian angel at Bungie gave us the glitch.

Why would you not be shooting at Crota? Like, why risk it? Filling in those little extra gaps is the kind of stuff that turns a good player into a great player.

Deku Tree

Exotics armor I am missing that I actually want

Helm St 14
Ruin Wings

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)

Exotics armor that I don't have (I don't care)

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
The Armamentarium

Knucklehead Radar

Exotic Weapons that I don't have (I don't care)

Thunderlord
Necrochasm

Everything else I have... I wouldn't mind getting 2 more Gjallarhorn but whatever... I actually made progress this week with Xur and got myself Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)!

Shito

You know what, that "inherently boring" comment from the developer CE stream really irks me. Being able to camp up on some ledge that probably shouldn't have been reachable in the first place, is not "inherently boring." What is inherently boring is having the same 2 to 3 story missions as the dailies over and over again. What is inherently boring is having to farm glimmer over and over, because Xur never sells syth any more. What is even more boring is doing the exact same bounties (actually we have even less bounties than when Destiny first launched. Some bounties, like kill 3 fallen walkers, have been removed) over and over again. Don't put a arbitrary enemy in an arbitrary place just to save us from something you perceive as, "inherently boring." How about just add 10 new bounties!? Fucking anything to make the game less repetitive.
Totally agree with you here.
One thing though: the "kill 3 fallen walkers" bounty was a special bounty for the Queen's Wrath event. Of course, nothing prevents them from adding it to the pool of regular bounties, but that's the official reason why it disappeared: it went back to the oven as well.

Homeboyd

Any guesses on what's cooking for Strikes in update 1.1.1?

- blue engram drop rates nerfed
- heavy weapons banned from use during strikes
- white engrams added to loot table for players over level 30
- 2500 glimmer entry fee per strike
- heavy ammo drops increased, but again, heavy weapons banned from use
- every strike is now omnigul with arc burn
- arc burn weapons banned for all players
- legendary engram drop rates buffed 1000%
- all legendary engrams continue to guarantee to decrypt into ascendant shards
- super recharge rate nerfed 500% during strikes
- actual sponges added to armor of strike bosses
- titan shoulder charge is the only way to deal damage to strike bosses
- chalice of light now required to heal in all strikes
- all respawns spawn you in the middle of a vestige
- all respawns cost 10 strange coins
- sparrows gas tank always on "E"
- valus ta'aurc now added to omnigul spawn room
- cursed thrall explosions buffed to nuclear equivalency
- stationary gorgons added to all strikes

Think that about covers it. Enjoy Guardians!

#welisten

Deku Tree

A few things:

1) The main narrative in Guild Wars 2 is atrocious. From your link: "If you played Guild Wars 2, you know that it actually has a good story." What...? I'll grant that it at least exists, in a broader sense than the "story" in Destiny.
2) John Ryan is not the head story writer for ArenaNet. Did the person posting just seriously make that up? I don't get it, why even include the phrase "head story writer" in your post unless it was something you'd verified?
3) He's not being hired as a writer. He's being hired as an "editor/loremaster." Both Bungie and ArenaNet seem to fall way short of constructing compelling narratives, while they excel at world-building and creating ancillary lore that far outclasses the mainline stories in their universes; the player just unfortunately needs to seek all of this out for themselves. Even the quality of the prose in the Grimoire is already pretty solid.

Basically I feel nothing about it. He's being brought onboard in an area that is already strong and may contribute to it admirably, but I have no faith whatsoever in ever getting a compelling narrative out of Destiny.

Thanks for your input Hawkian! That makes a lot of sense.... I guess I feel nothing about it either then...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Everything else I have... I wouldn't mind getting 2 more Gjallarhorn but whatever... I actually made progress this week with Xur and got myself Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)!
congrats. It's actually a pretty solid exotic. great choice for Nightfalls and Roc Strikes,

Iceman829

- blue engram drop rates nerfed
- heavy weapons banned from use during strikes
- white engrams added to loot table for players over level 30
- 2500 glimmer entry fee per strike
- heavy ammo drops increased, but again, heavy weapons banned from use
- every strike is now omnigul with arc burn
- arc burn weapons banned for all players
- legendary engram drop rates buffed 1000%
- all legendary engrams continue to guarantee to decrypt into ascendant shards
- super recharge rate nerfed 500% during strikes
- actual sponges added to armor of strike bosses
- titan shoulder charge is the only way to deal damage to strike bosses
- chalice of light now required to heal in all strikes
- all respawns spawn you in the middle of a vestige
- all respawns cost 10 strange coins
- sparrows gas tank always on "E"
- valus ta'aurc now added to omnigul spawn room
- cursed thrall explosions buffed to nuclear equivalency
- stationary gorgons added to all strikes

Think that about covers it. Enjoy Guardians!

#welisten

See they said they would be buffing the Nechrocasm.

someday

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out more cheese spots in strikes. Like overload the upper level on Nexus with minotaurs or instakill anyone up there once the Nexus spawns. I have little faith that the update will be a net positive for players but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Sullichin

RE: the inherently boring comment, I think it must be difficult and annoying to talk about a game you're involved in while playing it and trying to communicate with others. Some of the questions posed to Bungie were just annoying, like they were trying to get a sound bite for their fan podcast or something. There was a LOT of ass kissing as well. Although if I had the option to play Destiny with people from Bungie I'm sure I would say some stupid stuff too.

Removing glimmer farming as a reason to do the raid makes sense. If they think that is boring they must think Exclusion Zone or Gatekeeper (shh!) or any other way of farming glimmer is boring. Should we really have to farm glimmer in this game anyway, at least to the extent that we do? What is their "vision" for us farming glimmer? They charge us 7.5k per weapon upgrade, 11.5k per IB piece and and 950 per heavy ammo synth... surely they expect us to be farming. I wonder how they "want us to" and if it's exclusion zone that sucks.

Totally agree with you here.
One thing though: the "kill 3 fallen walkers" bounty was a special bounty for the Queen's Wrath event. Of course, nothing prevents them from adding it to the pool of regular bounties, but that's the official reason why it disappeared: it went back to the oven as well.

Oh yeah, that was Queen's Wrath, jesus I forgot she even had bounties. Good call man. I just looked up her list of bounties, why can't we have some of these in normal rotation?
-Defeat 20 Guardians with Hand Cannon headshots.
-Defeat 200 Fallen with headshots.
-The aforementioned kill 3 fallen walkers
-Collect 200 Ether Drops from Fallen Enemies on any planet

They aren't that radically different, but something to shake things up. The weapon specific kills seems like a no brainer. There should be a bounty for every weapon type. In light of hell bent Bungie seems to be to make us use all weapons equally, you think they would be clamoring to force us to use different weapons for bounties.

Deku Tree

congrats. It's actually a pretty solid exotic. great choice for Nightfalls and Roc Strikes,

The ReXurBished Alpha Luip has 159 STR... and the one Xur is selling directly has 143 STR (both after maxing it out).... IYO is it worth it to ReXurBished it for 7.5K glimmer and one exotic shard for the extra STR?

Fake Edit: True top of page GG team "Yeah Thats a Wipe"

BokehKing

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out more cheese spots in strikes. Like overload the upper level on Nexus with minotaurs or instakill anyone up there once the Nexus spawns. I have little faith that the update will be a net positive for players but I'd love to be proven wrong.
People would stop playing, instead of punishing us for finding ways to have fun, they need to find a way to... Idk..

Fuck I'm just disappointed at this point.

Took me 6 months but damn

Like I bet all 3 raids were supposed to be there day 1. Place holders my ass

E92 M3

*only for enemy thrall explosions, b/c lol fuck your nechrocasm. we'll review again after upcoming nerf this month

Also due to testing they have realized the stability is too high -- 7.3% decrease in stability will be added for the next updated.

The ReXurBished Alpha Luip has 159 STR... and the one Xur is selling directly has 143 STR (both after maxing it out).... IYO is it worth it to ReXurBished it for 7.5K glimmer and one exotic shard for the extra STR?

Fake Edit: True top of page GG team "Yeah Its a Wipe"

Absolutely not worth it.

Sullichin

Hellll no. ONLY if you really want a 100% str build (why?) and you can't make it with the 143. 143 is still plenty. I rarely think that upgrading exotics in this way is worth it. It won't make a difference.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are you sure it fills up one bubble after just 5 cycles? Because that is massive amounts of XP gain, I'd rather do this than do those stupid-ass bounties.

I should have put 3-5 minutes rather than 5 cycles, yeah that sounds too good after reading it lol (was dosing off and my typing started getting the better of me)
I do know that a Legendary armor piece just gets bubbled too fucking quick

Apologies to anyone thinking it's that good

Yup. My son has off from school. So here I am. You appear to have left your PS4 on.

Stalker.

Yeah I did. I was going to play some more last night but didn't see anyone up for HM Crota so I just went to bed and forgot to turn it off.

I'm going to try to get at least one or two hard Crota kills tonight.

Or maybe a HM Gorgons --> Atheon run or two

We shall see.

Shito

I brushed this weekly update line off like it was nothing of importance, but now I'm in fear you may be right.
Oh, well, would make for even less weekly activity for me. I've already reduced the number of sessions / hours I do on the game each week, allowing myself to skip on the strikes I really couldn't bear (only Omnigul for the moment): if they do cut some more cheese spots so that we do the NF/Weeklies "legit", that would free myself some more time.
I'm sure they can patch the game enough so that I'm only left with the will to only get the Gorgon CP each week. ^^

ethomaz

Banned
Are you sure it fills up one bubble after just 5 cycles? Because that is massive amounts of XP gain, I'd rather do this than do those stupid-ass bounties.
The first bubbles maybe (I'm not sure)... after it takes more time... well you will fill some bubbles after 25k grimmer... so it is really good to equip something you want to evolute.

The first bubble needs 10k xp... the others needs 20k xp I guess... that is for Exotic Weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

HELL no. Difference won't even be noticeable.

Lnkn52

I've been discarding 1.0 Exotics as soon as Xur sells 2.0. I'm not spending +7k, exotic shards, etc. for grinding purposes. No Thank you.

So I guess Heart of Praxic Fire comes with a permanent erection nowadays?

xemw03q.jpg

Top Bottom