• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

This is the weird thing though, a huge portion of the player base has exhausted all of Destiny's content, 1,000 times over, but we still really enjoy playing the game, because we get to play with friends.
The community is the glue that is still holding this mess of a game together. I feel like Bungie doesn't fully understand that. Getting Eris to Rank 4 slightly faster isn't going to cause me to sign off. Being able to buy a huge stash of heavy ammo synth won't make me turn off my PS4. Having no one to play with, that will make me bin this game forever. Players aren't logging on every night and saying, " Oh man, I haven't done that story mission yet! There is still so much content to enjoy!" No, we come on to hang out, have fun and shoot shit! You made a great shooter Bungie, but most of the content is instantly forgettable. However, the people we repeat this same content with, over and over again, are what keep us coming back. All it takes is getting a few players here and there to stop playing this game, and groups start falling like a house of cards. I know for a fact if my close IRL friend stopped playing Destiny today, I would probably disappear from this community within a week. This is what worries me with all of these decisions Bungie keeps making to hinder players instead of empowering them. I have the stubbornness to endure, but if my core group of friends don't, than I am not going to bother to play this game alone.

Which gets me thinking... once this game really burns everyone out, we're going to have to figure out a way to get this community moved over to a new game. I don't know if I can ever truly play another video game without you assholes along for the ride.

Man I can run Crucible like all day and still be broke. I think after 10 mins in a Crucible match all we get is 250! At least that's what I get and I'm usually the top scorer (top 3) with positive K/Ds

On one hand, I understand why they try to gate the crap out of the game. Because they know once people hit endgame and get all of their stuff they will bounce. Esp with all these amazing games coming out (The Order, Bloodborne) and even BF Hardline might grab some pvpers.

Yeah, along with how few marks you get for each match, you'd think they would have realized there needs to be some adjustment of rewards in PvP. Especially now, glimmer is a perfect solution to rewarding top players without people feeling like they always need to be the top scorer. What you get now (or maybe more) should be the glimmer reward for placing on bottom, then it should scale up the higher you place. Either that, or tying it to something like kills and/or medals to make sure AFKers can't take advantage.

realcZk

Yeah, there's also this.
NLB Daily is not-so-secretly Throwing Knife Daily.

a team of hunters with throwing knife/nade only strikes could be a fun thing to try

knife regen on precision kills is a must
nade reduce melee cooldown gear
high disc gear
guess you could allow supers too

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I get a lot of us are still grabbed by little carrots that we are chasing after, for some it's Gigantichorny (~.^)

Thing that would help out in the long run would be some crumbles to change up the game just to refresh it in some way

I swear to god I had never seen that Garden Spire Assassination Bounty for killing that boss
I went and did that mission and I was completely lost for a few minutes cause I forgot how the mission flow was

All these dailies and bounties that get regurgitated too quickly really do hurt in the long run
I mean for a weeks worth it was Hive or/and Fallen Ultra Majors Bounty straight
This week it's been Overcharge and Telthor (has been dropped so many times, that poor Ogre is reaching Shrek levels of humiliation)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I say Icebreaker. It is one of the top two exotic weapons in the game. Your first exotic armor should be a helmet anyways IMO.
I definitely would have pounced on an exotic helm IF Icebreaker wasn't there. I love the Icebreaker too much though to ignore. Thanks for all the feedback.

rNilla

For real though, how do you get so many throwing knives? Is that a Gunslinger perk?

Knife Juggler. A precision kill with the throwing knife instantly resets its cooldown.

The funny thing is I wrote this off early on because I figured I'd rarely ever get precision kills with a throwing knife. I didn't really try it until Eris had the bounty related to it. It's so much fun.

Yesterday I found out on Comedy Bang Bang that David Cross and Brian Posehn did punch up script work on Destiny. Struggling to figure out what they did that made it in the final game.

The jokes in Destiny are so bad. This can't be true. I bet their stuff got left on the cutting room floor.

rNilla

The long-distance knife throw at 5:08 of that video is just stupid...

How about this one?

2Xflxzhn1LeToLYOoIE.gif

Knife Juggler. A precision kill with the throwing knife instantly resets its cooldown.

The funny thing is I wrote this off early on because I figured I'd rarely ever get precision kills with a throwing knife. I didn't really try it until Eris had the bounty related to it. It's so much fun.

Sweet. Hunter is the last class I'm in the process of leveling so I haven't got that far yet.

lol remember when i told u red death was good bro and u didn't believe me
its about to be even better

i think the pulse rifle buff will be fun, the raid one is fun to use and shoots so fast
excited for bad juju personally

I messed around with Bad Juju and the raid PR a couple days ago. Still doesn't touch Red Death in my opinion... to be fair, it was an unleveled raid PR.

The impact on the Red Death makes me hopeful the buff will make it really shine. It already hits way harder than I thought it did. I'm a creature of habit so it was a tough go getting me away from Thorn/Lash... but glad I finally did.

dB Viper

I've reached the boiling point.

6 Hard Crota runs, across two weeks, 6 scout rifles drop from Crota. Total = 10.

GTFOOH man. I need WoC and Cruz and I'm done.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Best throwing knife I ever got was I zoned into The Hollows in Mars and Public Time Event was happening

The Cabal Target was maybe 3% health left, I was not gonna reach it in time and just flung a knife in the direction (was coming around the corner, was almost near Checkpoint), thank fuck his shield was going back up in the process, so I clipped him, saw the animation of burn on the target and my screen triggered the PTE Prompt

5 seconds later, Target Assassinated
Was like fuck yeah, any other class I miss triggering a claim

I need to get to 32 and need a shit ton of glimmer to do it. What is the fastest way to get glimmer?? I know of a few places but wondering if there is another way I just don't know about.

Homeboyd

ALWAYS go Ice Breaker. Buy it before anything else if you have the means. And if you don't have the means, THEN GET THE MEANS.

Get Ice Breaker. Do it right now.

Hedera

I have a level 30 Titan that would really like some armor. I'm not very keen on spending my very low stock of plasteel planting on vanguard armor so does anyone want do to a CE NM run on PS4 (or at least the first two sections)?

rNilla

One last NLB thing and I'll shut up. During my run today I missed two shots but didn't lose any ammo. Huh?

2XflxzsxJLFpVKJwEY8.gif

EDIT: Mulligan. NLB n00b confirmed.

Navid

1. phen0m24
2. Dhruv_Hanom
3. Navid
4. Darryl
5. Decarb
6. Anubis
Thanks for the Crota kill all, good fun and a nice laugh as usual... probably the easiest Crota kill I'll ever get, just sitting there and spectating. Though it was nice to get a front seat view of Dhruv slicing and dicing.

Did find it funny that you guys did it 1st time when I wasn't participating, obviously we now know who was the weak link messing up those earlier runs. :D

Hedera

I have a level 30 Titan that would really like some armor. I'm not very keen on spending my very low stock of plasteel planting on vanguard armor so does anyone want do to a CE NM run on PS4 (or at least the first two sections)?
I thought this was supposed to move slower :p Quoting myself for the new page.

Xur this week have horrible stock, Icebreaker is the worst and best friendly exotic you can get it practically make your oversouls skills useless (lol) and you are good to for the entire game until you get the black hammer.

And Xur forgot to bring the exotic engrams!??

patchday

Yeah I knew the exclusion zone one with tons of liquor, trust me. VoG I need ether seeds right? I basically just kill everything die then repeat right?

You want to go in there with a team. At least 2 people but ideally 6. It's all about spawning orbs and chaining the supers. You'll make 20k fast and the vex in there will drop those Blue thingies that increase glimmer. I got 70 blue polyphage on one character alone. Vex are not stingy like the other races.

The true beauty is after you top out at 25k glimmer in 30 mins or so you will have those beads which are worth 200 a pop. My character had like 54 beads (bout 10k).

Bungie are such stingy devs it's unreal. Feel like I'm playing an old school korean grinder MMO sometimes. Because I know in my heart they dont want us farming VoG GK but they know people will be crazy pissed they nerf it and force us all to grind Exclusion Zone

This is the weird thing though, a huge portion of the player base has exhausted all of Destiny's content, 1,000 times over, but we still really enjoy playing the game, because we get to play with friends.
The community is the glue that is still holding this mess of a game together. I feel like Bungie doesn't fully understand that. Getting Eris to Rank 4 slightly faster isn't going to cause me to sign off. Being able to buy a huge stash of heavy ammo synth won't make me turn off my PS4. Having no one to play with, that will make me bin this game forever, even if new, free DLC was dropping every other week.

Players aren't logging on every night and saying, " Oh man, I haven't done that story mission yet! There is still so much content to enjoy!" No, we come on to hang out, have fun and shoot the shit while we shoot shit. You made a great shooter Bungie, but most of the content is instantly forgettable. However, the people we repeat this same content with, over and over again, are what keep us coming back. All it takes is getting a few players here and there to stop playing this game, and groups start falling like a house of cards. I know for a fact if my close IRL friend stopped playing Destiny today, I would probably disappear from this community within a week. This is what worries me with all of these decisions Bungie keeps making to hinder players instead of empowering them. I have the stubbornness to endure, but if my core group of friends don't, than I am not going to bother to play this game alone.
Said much better than I could have. I agree 100%.

EL CUCO

If I have Auto aim off, why the heck is my scope being dragged??

Even happens with the Sword at times...I haven't heard too many complaints about this, but it's extremely annoying :/

realcZk

If I have Auto aim off, why the heck is my scope being dragged??

Even happens with the Sword at times...I haven't heard too many complaints about this, but it's extremely annoying :/

I didn't know you could even toggle it off? Wonder how much of a difference it makes.

I can help with that

Alright cool. I'm taking the afternoon off so will be online in a couple hours. I'll be on later tonight as well so we can link up a fireteam and roll through some HM Gatekeeper/Atheon kills.

Maybe even a HM Crota kill.

Basically, at this point, I'm just doing whatever events I can to get a shot at an exotic (ie: Ghorn).

realcZk

You should think about playing some Destiny tonight. I have HM Gorgon CP and wouldn't mind actually enjoying myself through a few raids. Otherwise, I have to HM Crota and that shit just ain't fun right now (
ever
)

I'll probably hop on tonight for some VoG/CE. We can do hard or whatever. I have alcohol I can break out for it.

Top Bottom