• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Iceman829

Ever try to kill a 30 Praetorian with NLB?

I prefer to throw exotic shards at them. Apparently you can actually buy the vex off. The reason they have all these time gates on the planets is to help farm planetary materials. They were too lazy to log in and do the dailies every single day.

E92 M3

So I guess Heart of Praxic Fire comes with a permanent erection nowadays?

xemw03q.jpg

lLLRPey.jpg

RE: the inherently boring comment, I think it must be difficult and annoying to talk about a game you're involved in while playing it and trying to communicate with others. Some of the questions posed to Bungie were just annoying, like they were trying to get a sound bite for their fan podcast or something. There was a LOT of ass kissing as well. Although if I had the option to play Destiny with people from Bungie I'm sure I would say some stupid stuff too.

Removing glimmer farming as a reason to do the raid makes sense. If they think that is boring they must think Exclusion Zone or Gatekeeper (shh!) or any other way of farming glimmer is boring. Should we really have to farm glimmer in this game anyway, at least to the extent that we do? What is their "vision" for us farming glimmer? They charge us 7.5k per weapon upgrade, 11.5k per IB piece and and 950 per heavy ammo synth... surely they expect us to be farming. I wonder how they "want us to" and if it's exclusion zone that sucks.

The glimmer farming issue speaks to one of the largest problems with Destiny, there is limited content (which I can live with) that they then designed numerous systems and restrictions around to slow the player progression. Unfortunately, the major side effect of all of these retarding systems, is hindering player enjoyment, and as soon as players stop enjoying themselves, they are going to drop this game like a rock, regardless of the content offerings.

The glimmer drops are so terrible, and there are no game breaking things that are being restricted by glimmer, that justify its paltry distribution. All weapon and armor progress depends on at least 3 other currencies, so sitting on lots of glimmer won't break that. You can't buy any sort of good weapons with glimmer, and the good ones are all restricted with marks, rep and now commendations. The worst case scenario of being generous with glimmer is that people could buy ammo synth when they needed it, be less hesitant in buying ships and emblems, and *gasp* have one less barrier for them to level up gear after having been blessed by RNG and farming the 3 or 4 other damn currencies you need to do so.

Last night, I ran NF, Weekly, Daily, public event, and completed 7 bounties. I popped black wax, ether seeds, etc at every opportunity. I ended up with ~6,600 glimmer (I did not start from zero glimmer). That is ridiculous. That was a few hours of playing, high level content, and I got fuck all even when using all of the glimmer buff items + the grimoire bonus. I am exclusively at end game content Bungie, why are you still hell bent on denying me glimmer? I can only hold 25K anyway. You already have the restriction of > 3 levels below players unable to join level 30 content, make the fucking glimmer rain in Nightfalls and ROC strikes. Who is this hurting?

Sullichin

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out more cheese spots in strikes. Like overload the upper level on Nexus with minotaurs or instakill anyone up there once the Nexus spawns. I have little faith that the update will be a net positive for players but I'd love to be proven wrong.

- Remove 75% of the precursors from the Undying Mind strike. Good players know you can skip that stuff, and it makes so many people quit this strike

- Do something with the Omnigul strike. I don't even know what, but make it faster. It's annoying to solo, and again everyone quits when this strike starts.

- Remove the unecessary scan at the start of the Valus Ta'arc Strike. We know where to go.

- Let us remove all ghost dialogue holy shit I can't take it anymore

- Increase the reward amounts. When they changed the cryptarch, you got less XP from blues but they said the chances for a purple are higher. Well, I still get blues all the time and leveling the cryptarch almost never gives me anything useful. What's the point of leveling vanguard rank for a shard every level or cryptarch for actually nothing.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I don't play as a hunter very often but how do you have so many throwing knives?

The Throwing Knife tree has an ability where if you Precision Hit with the throw, you get it back instantly

Also can double up on Throwing Knifes but have to give up either a Golden Gun/Reload perk

Monte Carlo + Throwing Knife (Double) = Eris Hunter Special Bounty done in less than 5 minutes on Rocketyard lol

Sullichin

Bungie will make NLB one of the best exotics in-game... one day.... yup

I legitimately like using it in Crucible. If the other exotics in TBD were just plain GOOD, it would get a pass as a weird shitty weapon that you can do well with if you're on your game. It's the most satisfying gun to kill someone with. I prefer using it on Cauldron. NLB+Secret Handshake+Against all Odds = I do alright..

E92 M3

I prefer to throw exotic shards at them. Apparently you can actually buy the vex off. The reason they have all these time gates on the planets is to help farm planetary materials. They were too lazy to log in and do the dailies every single day.

That's their very own chests have been giving you them. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You are the chosen one!

this gets me every damn time

JThfRKS.jpg

Sullichin

Do know that you'll have to learn and use the reload cancel trick to be able to use it like this, though.

I don't even reload cancel in PVP with NLB except for the occasional sprint at the end of the animation, which I do with every gun. It's all about strafing and snapping into a headshot, taking cover if you miss, keeping distance, switching to shotgun when they get too close, etc. Or you just die because you opponent doesn't have to worry about any of that. You're playing a different game, NLB requires more mental energy.

Anyone who wants to try out NLB in Crucible needs to realize that a red dot appears on the enemy when they are targeted. If it is on their head pull the trigger and you win. Doesn't matter how much the gun is flinching. It's still hard to aim for sure, but you'll do a lot better if you know this one weird trick

Deku Tree

WTF...The avatar I made for Nami is in there, but mine isn't. Fuck this shit...(flips table).

I can't guarantee that was the final image the Cuphead made with everyones Avatar in it.

That image was called "ship23.jpg" and I don't know if it went up to "ship24.jpg" or "ship25.jpg" or higher...

patchday

The glimmer farming issue speaks to one of the largest problems with Destiny, there is limited content (which I can live with) that they then designed numerous systems and restrictions around to slow the player progression. Unfortunately, the major side effect of all of these retarding systems, is hindering player enjoyment, and as soon as players stop enjoying themselves, they are going to drop this game like a rock, regardless of the content offerings.

The glimmer drops are so terrible, and there are no game breaking things that are being restricted by glimmer, that justify its paltry distribution. All weapon and armor progress depends on at least 3 other currencies, so sitting on lots of glimmer won't break that. You can't buy any sort of good weapons with glimmer, and the good ones are all restricted with marks, rep and now commendations. The worst case scenario of being generous with glimmer is that people could buy ammo synth when they needed it, be less hesitant in buying ships and emblems, and *gasp* have one less barrier for them to level up gear after having been blessed by RNG and farming the 3 or 4 other damn currencies you need to do so.

Last night, I ran NF, Weekly, Daily, public event, and completed 7 bounties. I popped black wax, ether seeds, etc at every opportunity. I ended up with ~6,600 glimmer (I did not start from zero glimmer). That is ridiculous. That was a few hours of playing, high level content, and I got fuck all even when using all of the glimmer buff items + the grimoire bonus. I am exclusively at end game content Bungie, why are you still hell bent on denying me glimmer? I can only hold 25K anyway. You already have the restriction of > 3 levels below players unable to join level 30 content, make the fucking glimmer rain in Nightfalls and ROC strikes. Who is this hurting?

Man I can run Crucible like all day and still be broke. I think after 10 mins in a Crucible match all we get is 250! At least that's what I get and I'm usually the top scorer (top 3) with positive K/Ds

On one hand, I understand why they try to gate the crap out of the game. Because they know once people hit endgame and get all of their stuff they will bounce. Esp with all these amazing games coming out (The Order, Bloodborne) and even BF Hardline might grab some pvpers.

rNilla

I'm still not sure if I should continue to animation cancel in NLB Daily. Today is the second day using this method. It's fun though.

blazeuk

If anyone runs CE NM at any point and doesn't mind carrying a level 27 through some of it (I can switch to either of my other characters if/when needed) send me an invite, must have that raid armour before I carry on any further.

Edit: Top of the page with such a request? Awful.

rNilla

How do you cancel the animation? Can you do it for all guns?

After you fire you hit reload then immediately sprint forward one step and then you can fire again immediately. You can also just sprint to cancel the animation but then you still have to wait the same amount of time you would if you let the animation play.

Not sure about other guns. Maybe but most aren't as slow as NLB.

Shito

I'm still not sure if I should continue to animation cancel in NLB Daily. Today is the second day using this method. It's fun though.
It only cancels the animation part of it, and not the actual reloading time, doesn't it?
If that's the case, I wouldn't use it personally: at least the animation is cool, so if you can't skip the time it takes before being allowed to shoot another shot, might as well leave it play. ^^

patchday

How do you cancel the animation? Can you do it for all guns?

You just sprint when you see your gun is reloaded in your hud. Animation canceling was -almost- mandatory in Mass Effect 3 MP actually to get great dps with the shotguns since they reload so slow. I should cancel more in Destiny

It only cancels the animation part of it, and not the actual reloading time, doesn't it?
If that's the case, I wouldn't use it personally: at least the animation is cool, so if you can't skip the time it takes before being allowed to shoot another shot, might as well leave it play. ^^

Your gun is already reloaded; you are just waiting on the animation. You can see its reloaded by watching the HUD. doing the heavy ammo glitch you want to animation cancel your butt off so whole team not having to sit there and watch u shoot for 2mins :)

Shito

You just sprint when you see your gun is reloaded in your hud. Animation canceling was -almost- mandatory in Mass Effect 3 MP actually to get great dps with the shotguns since they reload so slow. I should cancel more in Destiny
I've started doing it more and more, without realizing it.
I don't even need to look the HUD, I'm starting to get the different timings down in my head for the weapons I use the most. Still leaves me with bad surprises from time to time, though, where I messed up before and end up reloading my maching gun in front of a major... :D

Your gun is already reloaded; you are just waiting on the animation. You can see its reloaded by watching the HUD. doing the heavy ammo glitch you want to animation cancel your butt off so whole team not having to sit there and watch u shoot for 2mins :)
Oh, yeah, I was asking about the "special" chamber reload animation of the NLB.
Knew the "sprint when HUD is ok" trick for regular weapons. ^^

rNilla

The method I described above to Deku (reload + sprint) lets you fire right away as soon as you sprint a step. Just sprinting to cancel does what you describe, though.

Shito

The method I described above to Deku (reload + sprint) lets you fire right away as soon as you sprint a step. Just sprinting to cancel does what you describe, though.
Yeah, didn't know there were two methods to do it.
If there's a way to fire quicker, then yeah, by all means use it! :)

Just around to finally checking Xur out and wow Xur, that's pretty bad. I was sure to see the purple square this time.

Congrats to those that weren't able to get ice breaker the last time

Man I can run Crucible like all day and still be broke. I think after 10 mins in a Crucible match all we get is 250! At least that's what I get and I'm usually the top scorer (top 3) with positive K/Ds

On one hand, I understand why they try to gate the crap out of the game. Because they know once people hit endgame and get all of their stuff they will bounce. Esp with all these amazing games coming out (The Order, Bloodborne) and even BF Hardline might grab some pvpers.

This is the weird thing though, a huge portion of the player base has exhausted all of Destiny's content, 1,000 times over, but we still really enjoy playing the game, because we get to play with friends.
The community is the glue that is still holding this mess of a game together. I feel like Bungie doesn't fully understand that. Getting Eris to Rank 4 slightly faster isn't going to cause me to sign off. Being able to buy a huge stash of heavy ammo synth won't make me turn off my PS4. Having no one to play with, that will make me bin this game forever, even if new, free DLC was dropping every other week.

Players aren't logging on every night and saying, " Oh man, I haven't done that story mission yet! There is still so much content to enjoy!" No, we come on to hang out, have fun and shoot the shit while we shoot shit. You made a great shooter Bungie, but most of the content is instantly forgettable. However, the people we repeat this same content with, over and over again, are what keep us coming back. All it takes is getting a few players here and there to stop playing this game, and groups start falling like a house of cards. I know for a fact if my close IRL friend stopped playing Destiny today, I would probably disappear from this community within a week. This is what worries me with all of these decisions Bungie keeps making to hinder players instead of empowering them. I have the stubbornness to endure, but if my core group of friends don't, than I am not going to bother to play this game alone.

E92 M3

This is the weird thing though, a huge portion of the player base has exhausted all of Destiny's content, 1,000 times over, but we still really enjoy playing the game, because we get to play with friends.

The community is the glue that is still holding this mess of a game together. I feel like Bungie doesn't fully understand that. Getting Eris to Rank 4 slightly faster isn't going to cause me to sign off. Being able to buy a huge stash of heavy ammo synth won't make me turn off my PS4. Having no one to play with, that will make me bin this game forever. Players aren't logging on every night say, " Oh ma, I haven't done that story mission yet! There is still so much content to enjoy!" No, we come on to hang out, have fun and shoot shit! You made a great shooter Bungie, but most of the content is instantly forgettable. However, the people we repeat this same content with, over and over again, are what keep us coming back. All it takes is getting a few players here and there to stop playing this game, and groups start falling like a house of cards. I know for a fact if my one friend stopped playing Destiny today, I would probably disappear from this community within a week.

My enjoyment is very much contingent on friends as well. Can't imagine playing this game without an active group.

rNilla

Yeah, didn't know there were two methods to do it.
If there's a way to fire quicker, then yeah, by all means use it! :)

I struggle with this because it's an exploit that improves the rate of fire, whereas the point of doing these was to see if I could complete Daily missions using a slow
, bad
weapon. Er, I mean, NLB is the one true king! However, after completing The Wakening twice without animation cancel I don't think any other Daily would pose a problem, though Draksis still scares me.

I struggle with this because it's an exploit that improves the rate of fire, whereas the point of doing these was to see if I could complete Daily missions using a slow
, bad
weapon. Er, I mean, NLB is the one true king! However, after completing The Wakening twice without animation cancel I don't think any other Daily would pose a problem, though Draksis still scares me.

You and I should start two-manning missions/strikess. You use NLB without the exploit and I'll use Red Death. No melees, no grenades, no other weapons.

And I'll also add vodka and
weed
to the mix to make it super interesting like the other night.

realcZk

, bad

looks like throwing knife carried you to me :)

Sullichin

For a Hunter with no other Exotic, which is more valuable? Icebreaker or Crest of Alpha Lui.

Ice Breaker 100%. It's an excellent first exotic, worthy of the exotic slot in just about any context.

I would normally say to get an exotic armor piece first if you don't have one, but Ice Breaker is one of the few exceptions.

Shito

For a Hunter with no other Exotic, which is more valuable? Icebreaker or Crest of Alpha Lui.
Ice Breaker.
Must have weapon, don't miss it.

Crest of Alpha Lupi is a nice exotic, but it only shines when playing in a group. And there are arguably better, or more versatile pieces of exotic armor for the Hunter.

Top Bottom