• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Homeboyd

If I have Auto aim off, why the heck is my scope being dragged??

Even happens with the Sword at times...I haven't heard too many complaints about this, but it's extremely annoying :/
Not sure about the sword, but are you using gun sights with "enhanced/superb/excellent target acquisition" ? That'll do it.

Shito

Just finished reading that Peter Molyneux interview.
Even though it was proooobably a bit too harsh, could we have this John Walker guy ask some questions to Bungie? ^^

Hedera

If you can find someone to hold your hand, you can duo the Abyss and Bridge pretty easily, which means double the loot drops.
Hmm don't know. Maybe If I had saint 14 I would try soloing the abyss.

Anyway, if anyone wants to do normal CE or is in need of a person hit me up.

Hmm don't know. Maybe If I had saint 14 I would try soloing the abyss.

Anyway, if anyone wants to do normal CE or is in need of a person hit me up.

Normal Abyss can be solo'd by any class.

Hard Mode Abyss can be solo'd by Titan w/Saint-14, Hunter, or someone with crazy fire power.

Bridge can be solo'd but not easily, recommend duo'd first to get an idea of how it works.

Shito

Hard Mode Abyss can be solo'd by Titan w/Saint-14, Hunter, or someone with crazy fire power.
I solo HM abyss with my warlock.
When ogre spawns, shoot at him with Ice Breaker (don't know if that's really useful, but when not doing that once I had a second one spawn and mess everything up), let him walk around the big rock, switch to Patience And Time, let him shoot at you and kill you, wait for the last second to revive yourself up, aim with P&T to become invisible (after you res-ed yourself up he should be back to walking the other direction, so you have time for the invisibility to kick in), and the bridge should be formed riiight when the invisibility wears off.
Did that 3 times already, seems to work fine.

I solo HM abyss with my warlock.
When ogre spawns, shoot at him with Ice Breaker (don't know if that's really useful, but when not doing that once I had a second one spawn and mess everything up), let him walk around the big rock, switch to Patience And Time, let him shoot at you and kill you, wait for the last second to revive yourself up, aim with P&T to become invisible (after you res-ed yourself up he should be back to walking the other direction, so you have time for the invisibility to kick in), and the bridge should be formed riiight when the invisibility wears off.
Did that 3 times already, seems to work fine.

So less a Warlock strategy and more a P&T strategy. Which falls under my "...or someone with crazy firepower"

Sullichin

Messing around with Hard Light and Eidolon Ally in PVP. These guns are both really fun to shoot. It's a shame we have to look forward to a nerf before them getting any better though. Might make Hard Light my AR of choice for the next IB for kicks.

EL CUCO

Not sure about the sword, but are you using gun sights with "enhanced/superb/excellent target acquisition" ? That'll do it.
Sword definitely does it as well. Last night it happened a couple times during Crota. It also tends to lock on to thralls.

You do need that self-res though.
Or rather, you would need to find another way to buy yourself those 5-6 seconds more without it.
And a way to make that Ogre stop aggroing you.

Well, do you stand on the small rock next to the lamp? Or the fin next to the bridge? The fin can porbably net you those 5-6 seconds.

noomi

Just a followup to yesterday's discussion about the ps4 gold wireless headset.

Picked it up and swiftly got it setup with my playstation... it's frikkin' awesome! I can't believe how comfortable it feels on my dome. Also can't believe how much sound I had been missing out on! Did you know when you hover over items in your inventory they actually make a little sound?! I DIDN'T! Really makes destiny feel like a new game, I felt much more immersed and very much enjoyed... well everything!

Also party chat is great, sounds so much clearer, and people said that I sounded very clear as well.

So far, I am very happy with the purchase :D

*edit*

and the destiny sound profile works very well :) Worked with my PC perfectly fine too.

EL CUCO

So looking further into my "auto-aim" issue. Looks like the option in the settings might not be related to auto target acquisition.

It seems that it's off by default but has to do with the "centering" of the camera, not locking on to enemies. I wish Bungie would provide the option to disable auto aim :(

Sullichin

So looking further into my "auto-aim" issue. Looks like the option in the settings might not be related to auto target acquisition.

It seems that it's off by default but has to do with the "centering" of the camera, not locking on to enemies. I wish Bungie would provide the option to disable it :(
The aim pull in PVP feels ridiculous sometimes. It can be really noticeable if you're trying to aim at someone and someone runs in front of them.

You want to go in there with a team. At least 2 people but ideally 6. It's all about spawning orbs and chaining the supers. You'll make 20k fast and the vex in there will drop those Blue thingies that increase glimmer. I got 70 blue polyphage on one character alone. Vex are not stingy like the other races.

The true beauty is after you top out at 25k glimmer in 30 mins or so you will have those beads which are worth 200 a pop. My character had like 54 beads (bout 10k).

Bungie are such stingy devs it's unreal. Feel like I'm playing an old school korean grinder MMO sometimes. Because I know in my heart they dont want us farming VoG GK but they know people will be crazy pissed they nerf it and force us all to grind Exclusion Zone

Awesome!! That helps a ton. I knew of this but haven't ever done it so I wasn't quite sure how good it was. I'll have to give it a shot today hopefully. I need about 10K in glimmer.

milkham

Just a followup to yesterday's discussion about the ps4 gold wireless headset.

Picked it up and swiftly got it setup with my playstation... it's frikkin' awesome! I can't believe how comfortable it feels on my dome. Also can't believe how much sound I had been missing out on! Did you know when you hover over items in your inventory they actually make a little sound?! I DIDN'T! Really makes destiny feel like a new game, I felt much more immersed and very much enjoyed... well everything!

Also party chat is great, sounds so much clearer, and people said that I sounded very clear as well.

So far, I am very happy with the purchase :D

*edit*

and the destiny sound profile works very well :) Worked with my PC perfectly fine too.

be careful with it, mine broke a few days ago as i went to put it on. calling to get a replacement.

npcTyjgm.jpg

noomi

be careful with it, mine broke a few days ago as i went to put it on. calling to get a replacement.

npcTyjgm.jpg

I've read through a handful of comments that mentioned the same thing, the build is plastic so I will be extra careful. As long as Sony replaces them, all should be good :)

phen0m24

Thanks for the Crota kill all, good fun and a nice laugh as usual... probably the easiest Crota kill I'll ever get, just sitting there and spectating. Though it was nice to get a front seat view of Dhruv slicing and dicing.

Did find it funny that you guys did it 1st time when I wasn't participating, obviously we now know who was the weak link messing up those earlier runs. :D

:) thanks for popping in! At first I was looking for the oversoul and freaking out but oh yeah you got dc'ed...

You did fine! If anything that Dhruv guy was the noob. Kept getting whacked by Crota. ;) :p Lol

Fear Darth Penguin! :)

Thanks for the run guys. Getting a Crux was cool
as was my 1,952nd Word of Crota.
Do I really want to level a husk? Looks at Nami... :p

rNilla

:) thanks for popping in! At first I was looking for the oversoul and freaking out but oh yeah you got dc'ed...

You did fine! If anything that Dhruv guy was the noob. Kept getting whacked by Crota. ;) :p Lol

Fear Darth Penguin! :)

Thanks for the run guys. Getting a Crux was cool
as was my 1,952nd Word of Crota.
Do I really want to level a husk? Looks at Nami... :p

You should experience the awfulness of Necrochasm first hand. There's nothing quite like it.

Qwell

Dude, we need a guy with Uni Remote. We could do dailies with NLB, the Nechrochasm and Uni.

:p
I actually put a few thousand kills into my Universal Remote trying to max the Shotgun grimiore... its not too shabby. When its maxed the range on aim down sight is decent, I mean you are still maybe just 2x melee range, but its kind of fun. The thing that really kills it is the slow reload, so awful.

shermas

Is Ice Breaker THAT great? I've already got a 331 legendary sniper that I love using right now and that helmet from xur looks awesome. Only have 28 coins, though... can't get them both.

You guys that have been on here from day 1... I'm only a couple weeks in. Tough choices.

Is Ice Breaker THAT great? I've already got a 331 legendary sniper that I love using right now and that helmet from xur looks awesome. Only have 28 coins, though... can't get them both.

You guys that have been on here from day 1... I'm only a couple weeks in. Tough choices.
Yes.

Deku Tree

Yes IB is that good.

Grind ROC strikes until you have two more coins and then buy both...

phen0m24

YES.

YES.

YES.

I'm about 900 hours in the game. I got my first one a few weeks ago from Xur. I bought 3.

It changes everything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Icebreaker is the best exotic after Gjallarhorn. It's useful in most pve situations, where bosses are spongey and you have to hide somewhere to kill them.

Top Bottom