• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Is Ice Breaker THAT great? I've already got a 331 legendary sniper that I love using right now and that helmet from xur looks awesome. Only have 28 coins, though... can't get them both.

You guys that have been on here from day 1... I'm only a couple weeks in. Tough choices.

Makes the games easier since it deals massive damage and have infinite ammo

Homeboyd

Is Ice Breaker THAT great? I've already got a 331 legendary sniper that I love using right now and that helmet from xur looks awesome. Only have 28 coins, though... can't get them both.

You guys that have been on here from day 1... I'm only a couple weeks in. Tough choices.
It's not a tough choice. Ice Breaker.

Even if it cost 28 coins. ICE BREAKER.

be careful with it, mine broke a few days ago as i went to put it on. calling to get a replacement.

npcTyjgm.jpg

How big is your head? ;)

I hope you get your replacement.

Oh yeah, that was Queen's Wrath, jesus I forgot she even had bounties. Good call man. I just looked up her list of bounties, why can't we have some of these in normal rotation?
-Defeat 20 Guardians with Hand Cannon headshots.
-Defeat 200 Fallen with headshots.
-The aforementioned kill 3 fallen walkers
-Collect 200 Ether Drops from Fallen Enemies on any planet

They aren't that radically different, but something to shake things up. The weapon specific kills seems like a no brainer. There should be a bounty for every weapon type. In light of hell bent Bungie seems to be to make us use all weapons equally, you think they would be clamoring to force us to use different weapons for bounties.

We can't have those because those are gonna be the bounties you will be doing every day when the HoW is out.

What level is your guardian and did you run the weekly heroic at level 30?

Mindlog

HM05 is offline?
The dream is dead.

If Xurday is up to date.

The Titan helmet is very niche.
The Warlock helmet is useful, but has +STR and that can throw off your build.

Icebreaker is a top tier weapon that can help you save on heavy ammo packs.

While raising your light level is really important I would recommend Icebreaker.

Wooo, just got a Monte Carlo from Nightfall. Is it any good? Anything in particular I should know about it?

It's only good if you have a melee build... For pvp.
I use it on my Warlock with Bloom and Obsidian mind and can clean up. Suros is a better exotic Auto, but it's fun to use if you run a melee build. I just got some gloves that have fast reload for auto rifles and quicker melee, so the lamp phase for Crota should be a breeze to do solo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's only good if you have a melee build... For pvp.
There are a variety of builds you can use it to fuel in both PvP and PvE. But it's unremarkable as an auto rifle for auto rifles' sake, only worthwhile if you do have such a build in mind.
HM05 is offline?
The dream is dead.

If Xurday is up to date.

The Titan helmet is very niche.
The Warlock helmet is useful, but has +STR and that can throw off your build.

Icebreaker is a top tier weapon that can help you save on heavy ammo packs.

While raising your light level is really important I would recommend Icebreaker.

Unless he can't play at all this weekend I think he's absolutely capable of getting the coins to buy both before Xur leaves.

Sulik2

IB is the most important weapon in the game to possess. You must buy it.

RetroMG

Is PSN/Destiny going down? I got booted and can't get back in. Another friend is reporting the same. He just got bounced out of Crucible.

EDIT: It just let me back in... seems intermittent?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also check out Gambler's Dagger which lets you carry an additional throwing knife. This and Juggler are a good combo for throwing knife madness.
Gambler's Dagger + Knife Juggler with a bunch of Hive or Cabal enemies is bliss. Monte Carlo would make it off the charts ridiculous. Maybe one day

rNilla

Gambler's Dagger + Knife Juggler with a bunch of Hive or Cabal enemies is bliss. Monte Carlo would make it off the charts ridiculous. Maybe one day

I keep meaning to try Monte Carlo as a melee machine with Voidwalker or Knifeslinger but alas it sits unused in my Warlock's inventory.

It has some interesting mechanices. Goes especially well with Sunsingers and Gunslingers.

I've had mine for a couple of months now and just yesterday I started using it and it's just a nice weapon. I have a friend that was using it with a void Walker and he kept recharging his super with energy drain. It's the kind of weapon that makes day to day mundane tasks more fun. And like I said earlier I love the sights on it. Beautiful

I've had mine for a couple of months now and just yesterday I started using it and it's just a nice weapon. I have a friend that was using it with a void Walker and he kept recharging his super with energy drain. It's the kind of weapon that makes day to day mundane tasks more fun. And like I said earlier I love the sights on it. Beautiful
Soul Rip/The Hunger/Bloom with Inverse Shadow on Obsidian mind is Supers all the time.

Top Bottom