• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

RetroMG

Going to farm glimmer for a bit, feel free to join or send FR. PSN is noomi85

I have 1K, want to cap out... going to be there until I do. Also I have no mic ATM, just listening to music and zoning out for the grind.

I'll join up. I've never done the farm before, but I need glimmer bad.

Kyne

The Dgaf community is awesome, full of nice and kind people.

Seriously, some really great people in this thread. The community is what keeps me here.

My girlfriend and I are both 31 with decent endgame gear, but neither of us have run any of the raids. Hoping we can get our first Vault of Glass run in sometime during the weekend. Also hoping it can be with some understanding GAFers.

<3

Seriously, some really great people in this thread. The community is what keeps me here.

My girlfriend and I are both 31 with decent endgame gear, but neither of us have run any of the raids. Hoping we can get our first Vault of Glass run in sometime during the weekend. Also hoping it can be with some understanding GAFers.

<3

Sunday night is a regular Vault of Glass night for me, my wife and 2 of our friends. You're welcome to join. We normally just run it the 4 of us, so you wouldn't be taking anyone's place.

Usually start around 8pm EST.

Kyne

Sunday night is a regular Vault of Glass night for me, my wife and 2 of our friends. You're welcome to join. We normally just run it the 4 of us, so you wouldn't be taking anyone's place.

Usually start around 8pm EST.

Wow that sounds amazing. I'll let her know and put it in the books. :)

My psn is Chrnocide. Add me and I'll message you with a confirmation!

phen0m24

Just finished Nightfall with my new Icebreaker... and I got 7 ass shards at the end.

You guys were right about the IB. It's amazing.. glad I passed on the helmet for now.

Glad you got it. It is an amazing weapon. You'll be able to get armor whenever
usually
- but a weapon like the Ice Breaker - it's special.

Enjoy.

:)

OMG it finally happened. I finally got a legendary engram that decrypted into an exotic. And it's an exotic I didn't have, The Hard Light.

Haven't played the dailies in God knows how long, I decided I might as well log in today and get some marks. Gives me a primary Legendary engram and it decrypts into the Hard Light. I kinda shrieked like a sissy when I saw the yellow pop up on screen.

OMG it finally happened. I finally got a legendary engram that decrypted into an exotic. And it's an exotic I didn't have, The Hard Light.

Haven't played the dailies in God knows how long, I decided I might as well log in today and get some marks. Gives me a primary Legendary engram and it decrypts into the Hard Light. I kinda shrieked like a sissy when I saw the yellow pop up on screen.

Hard light was THE exotic I wanted since it resembled the shingen so much. I got it after the nerf and haven't used it :-(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hard light should just do arc damage. it makes perfect sense and it would become a fun viable exotic in lots of pve situations instantly.

phen0m24

So today Dhruv graciously banged out 3 Crota kills with a group of us, myself included.

THANK YOU DARTH PENGUIN!

Separately, my son was raiding with (ahem: clears throat) "RANDOS from the Tower" on 360.

If any of you are new and haven't raided with Hawkian, here's the deal. My 10 year old has a few times, and they have beaten Atheon twice and Crota once. Today he was in the Tower on 360 grouped up with "the randos" and here were his comments when they got into a 5-man Atheon. Right from the start:

"These randos suck. THIS IS WAY EASIER WITH HAWKIAN."

Hey so guess which 10 year old got stuck with relic duty? My kid. Guess who knew how to use the relic? THE KID WHO RAIDED WITH HAWKIAN.

If you want to learn the proper mechanics of the raid.
If you want to know how to raid with class and teamwork.

Don't be a rando.

This message was not paid for by Hawkian.

Hard light should just do arc damage. it makes perfect sense and it would become a fun viable exotic in lots of pve situations instantly.

I keep hearing rumors that it can shoot through Titan Bubbles, but I've never actually seen anyone respectable confirm it.

Edit: Terrible TOTP is terrible.

We're dorks who sit in the same room with x2 tvs and x2 ps4s :> ..

Pfft... don't feel bad about that. We have a TV in the Basement with a PS4 and a TV upstairs with a PS4.

am I wasting shards upgrading my exotics at this point with the next expansion coming out soon?

No idea. We don't know what exotics will have to go through next time around, but it looks like whatever it is, it wont be an exact repeat of what happened with the Dark Below.

Edit: Also "soon" is like 3+ months.

Hard light was THE exotic I wanted since it resembled the shingen so much. I got it after the nerf and haven't used it :-(

There was a nerf? I don't even remember.

I'm just excited to level up a new weapon. Gotta finish the Monte Carlo I just got yesterday. Guess the only primary exotic I'm missing is Nechrocasm but I absolutely don't care about that weapon at all. Funny enough I got my 4th Husk of the Pit while playing patrol.

Give me more loot I don't have Bungie and I'll play the game more not less.

border

Thanks to everyone that helped out with Crota Hard Mode -- cleared it on the first try! And got my Fang of Ir Yut!

Strangely enough now I've gotten everything I want from HM, but will have to continue to farm Normal Mode for Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota.

The Ocho

Neo Member
Need to do 2 weeklies for coins. Still new enough to the game that i'm not sitting on a massive stockpile of them yet. Anyone want to join me?

PSN: thaOcho

blazeuk

<3

Raids are pretty straight forward for those who run them regularly, VoG has been done so many times by regulars on here that people new to it really won't have much problem. I know when I've run with new raid players before plenty worry about dying and not really knowing what to do but honestly it's easy explained as you're going through it and there's a reason flawless raider is tough to get, people tend to die all the time.

You'll get the most out of it by running it on normal first just because you can be revived and actually play through the whole thing (hard mode has no revives until specific phases have finished so you could end up waiting around).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So today Dhruv graciously banged out 3 Crota kills with a group of us, myself included.

THANK YOU DARTH PENGUIN!
penguins kill!
Separately, my son was raiding with (ahem: clears throat) "RANDOS from the Tower" on 360.

If any of you are new and haven't raided with Hawkian, here's the deal. My 10 year old has a few times, and they have beaten Atheon twice and Crota once. Today he was in the Tower on 360 grouped up with "the randos" and here were his comments when they got into a 5-man Atheon. Right from the start:

"These randos suck. THIS IS WAY EASIER WITH HAWKIAN."

Hey so guess which 10 year old got stuck with relic duty? My kid. Guess who knew how to use the relic? THE KID WHO RAIDED WITH HAWKIAN.

If you want to learn the proper mechanics of the raid.
If you want to know how to raid with class and teamwork.

Don't be a rando.

This message was not paid for by Hawkian.
lol that's an endorsement <3

All the kids I've played with seem to immediately grasp the mechanics without hesitation. it's pretty eerie.

k1t4j

Thanks to everyone that helped out with Crota Hard Mode -- cleared it on the first try! And got my Fang of Ir Yut!

Strangely enough now I've gotten everything I want from HM, but will have to continue to farm Normal Mode for Black Hammer and Hunger of Crota.

Was a pleasure but I still want that Scout rifle dam it :)

oh so I guess it's not hitting in march then

Only thing official we have is "2nd Quarter of 2015".

They acknowledged the leaked slide photo and stated that while it is an accurate representation of what their goals were at the time, that information was not for the public, and thus they retain the right to change and/or update that information at any time.

Since it's Bungie, it's a good bet that most of those dates will be delayed.

shermas

Glad you got it. It is an amazing weapon. You'll be able to get armor whenever
usually
- but a weapon like the Ice Breaker - it's special.

Enjoy.

:)

Yah.. it's great. A lot of fun to use it, then quickly swap to my AR (I use the Up for Anything) while the ammo regens.

I'm a little salty about the 7 ass shards for my Nightfall run, though. :)

Oh well... back to the IB leveling up!

No problem man. I got WoC so all I have left is the scout rifle then I'll be done with hard mode. Smooth run though man! Like absolutely flawless execution by the whole team.

Knew I shouldn't go for redditors. Left the moment the going got tough. Got two spots open I'm a VoG hard rum

1.) Tohoya
2.) limited edition
3.) heliconsoul
4.) NeonNnord
5.)
6.)

Arrrammis

I keep hearing rumors that it can shoot through Titan Bubbles, but I've never actually seen anyone respectable confirm it.

I'm not really respectable (except for my cheesing skills in CE), but it doesn't work for me. I've tried shooting both into and out of my own bubbles, my team's bubbles, and an enemy's bubble. Disappointing, but overall I still like the feel and love the aesthetic of Hard Light.

Top Bottom