• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Arrrammis

Well I guess I can buy an IB for my warlock is the warlock helm good? I already have obsidian mind

If you have any plans to run HM Crota, definitely pick it up. The healing from orbs and extra orb generation is invaluable in that fight.

However, if you only have enough coins for the helm or icebreaker, choose Ice Breaker.

JayHayabusa

Knew I shouldn't go for redditors. Left the moment the going got tough. Got two spots open I'm a VoG hard rum

1.) Tohoya
2.) limited edition
3.) heliconsoul
4.) NeonNnord
5.)
6.)

I left cos since I never done it with any of u, didnt want to penalize u with me being on remote with no mic.

Usually clear it and HM crota on remote with my usual group of Mindlog, Grimlock, Clionen

Whelp, I think I've decided to finally delete my Male Exo Warlock and make a female Awoken Warlock in his place.

As someone who has never deleted a character, anything I should know? I can guess the basics of: Put everything in the vault for the replacement. Is that it though? Any surprises that I might not think of?

The Ocho

Neo Member
Doing two weeklies. At the boss right now on the first. join me for coins. or just so it won't take me a hour to whittle him down...

PSN: thaOcho

Btw which Gorgon chest has a chance for an exotic? the one u backtrack for or the one forward through the maze avoiding Gorgons?

The backtrack one. AKA the one you reach by falling through the secret tunnel.

TOyzkhS.png

Finished my first VoG Hard tonight! :D
Aaaaaand I got teh Vex Mythoclast. Bwahaha! Based RNG. ;)

Soooo...anyone willing to take me through Crota Normal?
Never played it before. :)
PS4:

1. j0hnny_385

edit: No one? *sigh*
Some other time then.

Anybody want to play Salvage? Or PvP in general?

What about Colonel Jr's first Hard VoG where we ended up wiping on Atheon for several hours because he had a few friends with him who had also never done HM before? I remember a few Gaffers had to pop in and out to eventually finish him off, brought back serious memories of old-school Atheon wipe-fests. Igetnorespect.jpg

EL CUCO

Xur is a POS for not bringing heavy or exotic helm engram, but I'm definitely picking up Helm of Inmost light for some superman PVP hate message action ;)

I've got a buddy I was just doing doubles with. That'd be 3 if that's cool. We could do another mode if we get more.

Either way, my PSN is the same as my Gaf name.

Ok, right on. Just finishing up one last weekly with thaOcho and then I'm down for Crucible assuming you two are still up for it, I got you on my FL already.

Greenymac

It feels weird, I want to play destiny just to game with all the cool friends Ive made here since the beta threads and the OTs...But I dont actually want to PLAY DESTINY...

moris

Cool, anyone else? 1 more for Salvage/Skirmish or we can go Control/Clash if there's more than 3.

I'll join for some fun Crucible.

It feels weird, I want to play destiny just to game with all the cool friends Ive made here since the beta threads and the OTs...But I dont actually want to PLAY DESTINY...
Exactly my feelings about Destiny right now. Only getting on to play PvP with gaffers.

phen0m24

Anybody want to play Salvage? Or PvP in general?

What about Colonel Jr's first Hard VoG where we ended up wiping on Atheon for several hours because he had a few friends with him who had also never done HM before? I remember a few Gaffers had to pop in and out to eventually finish him off, brought back serious memories of old-school Atheon wipe-fests. Igetnorespect.jpg

So before I wrote an endorsement about Hawkian's Noob Raid School™.

However when my son first completed his very first Thorn bounty and needed help with Xyor, I threw up a GAF-signal (also ™).

The very first responder to the GAF signal was our very own Dr Drizzay101. Josh was super grateful to get the Thorn. Then every time after that kick butt day, Josh wanted to do anything with "DrDrizz." So he did some strikes, including a Nexus Nightfall, with the Doctor. Josh got a crappy pulse rifle and liked it - precursor to the buff. All I'm saying.

When Josh tried to help my friends do a raid (in the spirit of some great GAFers who helped him) He was re-united with
Skeletor
the doc who patiently endured the
scrubbiness
hardship to pull some almost-randos through their very first hard raid. Josh almost quit, but I told him not to - as he was in awesome company and knew he would do it. THEY DID. Josh in the spirit of great GAFers
got shards
and didn't whine when the guy who completed his first HM got a Vex.
(sorry Byron)

Hence, when Josh looks for help he looks for Drizzy and Hawkian. (
and Fig who is also a constant target - we miss you Dearest Empress)
I'm sure Micah looks for deafmedal and Anubis as they laugh at his jokes.

Crucible:

1.) me
2.) ReignofSparrows
3.) FriendofReignofSparrows
4.) msMorris
5.) TalentBurke
6.) ?

Everybody still down for this? I'm in orbit and ready to roll so go ahead and join on me when ready.

E92 M3

So before I wrote an endorsement about Hawkian's Noob Raid School™.

However when my son first completed his very first Thorn bounty and needed help with Xyor, I threw up a GAF-signal (also ™).

The very first responder to the GAF signal was our very own Dr Drizzay101. Josh was super grateful to get the Thorn. Then every time after that kick butt day, Josh wanted to do anything with "DrDrizz." So he did some strikes, including a Nexus Nightfall, with the Doctor. Josh got a crappy pulse rifle and liked it - precursor to the buff. All I'm saying.

When Josh tried to help my friends do a raid (in the spirit of some great GAFers who helped him) He was re-united with
Skeletor
the doc who patiently endured the
scrubbiness
hardship to pull some almost-randos through their very first hard raid. Josh almost quit, but I told him not to - as he was in awesome company and knew he would do it. THEY DID. Josh in the spirit of great GAFers
got shards
and didn't whine when the guy who completed his first HM got a Vex.
(sorry Byron)

I love how you play with your son - that's very cool. You're probably the best dad on the block haha.

Rubenov

Crucible:

1.) me
2.) ReignofSparrows
3.) FriendofReignofSparrows
4.) msMorris
5.) TalentBurke
6.) ?

Everybody still down for this? I'm in orbit and ready to roll so go ahead and join on me when ready.
Ill be in in about 10 min if you still need 1

save me a spot pls!

noomi

shit.... it finally happened....after nearly 600 hours.... it happened.

No, I didn't get the hawkmoon.... not yet anyway.

Right now I'm sitting here at my PC typing this and debating whether I want to grind roc strikes or finally start a new game from my steam library.....I have a gigantic backlog to get through.

If I'm feeling this way in February and new content is more likely due in May..... well...yeah.

It is....started :(

Rubenov

shit.... it finally happened....after nearly 600 hours.... it happened.

No, I didn't get the hawkmoon.... not yet anyway.

Right now I'm sitting here at my PC typing this and debating whether I want to grind roc strikes or finally start a new game from my steam library.....I have a gigantic backlog to get through.

If I'm feeling this way in February and new content is more likely due in May..... well...yeah.

It is....started :(

It was bound to happen. As long as you're here in May it's all good :)

That last part totally reminds me of how funny Macello's kid was the other night. I forget who was playing, but his kid was going to town: "Why don't you use a Gjallahorn"? "Come on, shoot rockets!"

Mindlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f7Uk2XqAhc

Five and four

then four and five hits.

anybody get this strat to work for two swords most i can get is four swords on the 1st kneel
Gah. Crota was slow slow there. That variance can be a little frustrating.

Anyway, back to the topic. Five is always going to rely on Crota behaving. Have you tried 4 Heavies and 1 Light swing? Doing that three out of 4 kneels would work. Also 4 swings every kneel + 1 super will kill Crota. A super only takes like 2 orbs to do on the second kneel. Both of these methods seem a little easier to pull off than straight 5 Heavy.
4 Down Techniques
4 Heavy + 1 Light (can miss the light on one down)
4 Heavy + 1 Super (will need two orbs)
2 Combos + 1 Heavy (LxLxH, LxLxH, H)

I've been able to regularly execute 2 Combos (LxLxH) and a Heavy, but not back to back to back yet. I always pull back to play it safe when Crota is getting up. Soon I'll just go ahead and go for it.

phen0m24

I love how you play with your son - that's very cool. You're probably the best dad on the block haha.

Hehe thanks E92. Trust me, I'm trying but nowhere near what I want to be as a Dad. I'm debating whether or not to get him an Xbox One just because of all the work he did on his 360 char.
then he could play with you!

I mentioned getting another PS4 and he was like "If I had to level another character to 32..." LOL

smart kid

Top Bottom