• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

I hope more people keep playing PvP to fill the time until HoW, this is the first Destiny week I've ever maxed Crucible marks on all 3 characters. Just sucks trying to carry randos like this...

B9ytSinIIAAn80j.jpg:large
Dat Phaethon is such a scrub. :p carry harder !

phen0m24

Destiny |OT18| No dlc news, but hot dayum a gaming jump instructor exists and shes perfect
Lol too funny.

It's just so rare for me to meet anyone that plays games or at least admits to playing them. My brother told me once he met a single mom who played CoD and I was like dang bro help a brutha out yo... :p Oh well. I'm not jumping out of any planes anytime soon.

SonComet

Happy Crota

This is my new favorite call out for people to take down Crota.
I realize I'm way late. But if you need to do him on normal then I am down. If anyone else wants to kill crota on normal I have the checkpoint. I'm no swordbearer though.

Deku Tree

Did anyone watch Bungie's stream last night?

At around 9m the artist admits that they had to limit the size of the play spaces because of the constraints of the PS3 and xbox 360 hardware. The reason for the "tunnels" between area's is to have a memory buffer that is needed for the game to run on last gen...

joecanada

I hope more people keep playing PvP to fill the time until HoW, this is the first Destiny week I've ever maxed Crucible marks on all 3 characters. Just sucks trying to carry randos like this...

B9ytSinIIAAn80j.jpg:large

I wish I could, it's one of the laggiest pvp games out there, and that's saying something. I've never seen so many simultaneous kills in a game, because the kill time to lag is 1-3 seconds, literally

patchday

I wish I could, it's one of the laggiest pvp games out there, and that's saying something. I've never seen so many simultaneous kills in a game, because the kill time to lag is 1-3 seconds, literally

Some other shooters are going dedicated servers (like killzone & I think BF4) but Destiny still peer-to-peer far as I know. Killzone was buttery smooth. Destiny has been laggy a lot for me in crucible

joecanada

Some other shooters are going dedicated servers (like killzone & I think BF4) but Destiny still peer-to-peer far as I know. Killzone was buttery smooth. Destiny has been laggy a lot for me in crucible

It's actually quite fun, but the lag ruins all the balance, some games you are almost invincible, others you barely register shots on people. At the best of times you punch someone and they always have time to punch you back resulting in simultaneously killing one another

QP3

The level cap moved to 32, so it shifted everything. 30 is the new 28. Leveling is a bit faster as a result to hit the same wall.

You are missing out on DLC content which means certain dailies and weekly activities could be locked out if they are DLC. Outside that, everything is the same.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a max level I can get to without the expansion?

patchday

Thanks for the reply. Is there a max level I can get to without the expansion?

I hit L31. I was having fun before I bought Crota. It sucked being locked out of Nightfall and weeklies sometimes tho. finally purchased it last month because I wanted some dlc exotic. ironically, so far all the dlc exotics i have are unused :(

QP3

I hit L31. I was having fun before I bought Crota. It sucked being locked out of Nightfall and weeklies sometimes tho. finally purchased it last month because I wanted some dlc exotic. ironically, so far all the dlc exotics i have are unused :(
I plan to eventually get the expansions. But as long SD I am still having fun (I have gotten two legendary guns and an exotic bunty today) I will suck the life out of the OG

Deku Tree

Tell me about the Jovian Complex?
Xur is the only Jovian that we know about...
How do the people of Old Russia even know about the Jovians?

Bungie: Those questions are on the no fly list. We can not answer that at this time.

todd360

Bungie: Those questions are on the no fly list. We can not answer that at this time.

Read we didn't think up a origin story yet.

milkham

jovian refers to jupiter, probably just named that like the lunar complex, maybe thats where they launched colony ships bound for those destinations

At around 9m the artist admits that they had to limit the size of the play spaces because of the constraints of the PS3 and xbox 360 hardware. The reason for the "tunnels" between area's is to have a memory buffer that is needed for the game to run on last gen...

No surprise. Game is gimped for last gen hardware, and will continue to be gimped until it becomes next gen and PC only. So, maybe until Destiny 2?

Funny that slipped out. That's not the type of thing you want out there when the player population is uniquely hardcore and at the same time dissatisfied.

Deku Tree

jovian refers to jupiter, probably just named that like the lunar complex, maybe thats where they launched colony ships bound for those destinations

The Jovians are the four gas giant planets located beyond the Asteroid Belt: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Humanity colonized these worlds during the Golden Age, but very little is known about them post-Collapse as the City's ships have rarely attempted any journey to Jupiter or beyond.[1] A group known as the Nine now rules the Jovian worlds.

Xûr, Agent of the Nine is a native of the Jovians who has seemingly been tasked with aiding the Guardians by trading powerful weapons and armor for Strange Coins. According to Xûr, the inhabitants of the Jovians were once human, but were radically transformed to a far greater extent than even the Awoken; the Nine themselves are implied to be responsible for this change. He speaks of being made of cells with the memories of the past, and coming from the dust. The Light can cause pain to him.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/70600568/0/0

Is that from the Grimoire? Or is it fan fiction?

Congrats!

I guess it's about time for me to get a flawless raider under my belt. With that out of the way, I would just have to do the ghosts and salvage.

There was supposed to be a couple flawless raids going on this weekend. I know Kadey was speaking of it Wednesday, and Nutrix and I were supposed to grab some people. Not sure if Kadey did her run through, but haven't heard anything with the people I was going to help shepherd through it.

Edit: Thanks btw for the congratulations. Been a few weeks behind on it and glad to be through. All that's left is getting the 29 Titan and 29 Warlock to 32 and level up the entire Striker and Voidwalker subclasses. But that'll be mostly delegated to weekly reset days.

I do find it odd that there are no class items or emblems for getting the Platinum. Must be exclusive to the subscription model.

I just have flawless raider and ghosts left to go...

I'll be sure to invite you if I go for it.

There was supposed to be a couple flawless raids going on this weekend. I know Kadey was speaking of it Wednesday, and Nutrix and I were supposed to grab some people. Not sure if Kadey did her run through, but haven't heard anything with the people I was going to help shepherd through it.

I always have a tough time getting into a planned game. I think I'll just have to pick a time that works for me and then start begging for help from some of the pros.

I'll be sure to invite you if I go for it.

I always have a tough time getting into a planned game. I think I'll just have to pick a time that works for me and then start begging for help from some of the pros.

I'll be happy to when you find the time. Crota's End makes it criminally easy, even without the cheese.

Top Bottom