• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

There's nothing more to do for the hardcore players and plenty of great new games coming out. We all knew this would happen eventually. Get hyped for house of wolves. Destiny community will come back in a blaze of exotic glory. I think most of us are planning on playing bloodborne together while we wait for destiny's return.

I get that, but it seems odd that everyone would hit the same point on the same week.

2 weeks ago I saw 40-50 people online for the Ishtar Sink NF but this week i don't think it ever topped 20.

I expect the community to return too, but I wonder what Bungie thinks. HoW is a ways off and there is still a big window from HoW to Comet.

If they fix things like Luke Smith hinted by not having to regrind exotics and some of the materials economy, there will be even less to do.

The game needs more content and HoW 1 strike and 1 raid is not substanitial enough.

The game needs 10+ new strikes and a new Raid every 8 weeks.

Sullichin

I get that, but it seems odd that everyone would hit the same point on the same week.

2 weeks ago I saw 40-50 people online for the Ishtar Sink NF but this week i don't think it ever topped 20.

I expect the community to return too, but I wonder what Bungie thinks. HoW is a ways off and there is still a big window from HoW to Conet.

If they fix things like Luke Smith hinted by not having to regrind exotics and some of the materials economy, there will be even less to do.

The game needs more content and HoW 1 strike and 1 raid is not substanitial enough.

Lol not with the current pricing model.

lt519

I expect the community to return too, but I wonder what Bungie thinks. HoW is a ways off and there is still a big window from HoW to Conet.

Yeah, I mean I understand there is nothing to chase anymore but I was pretty sure a lot of us still played it for the social aspect and the fact that the gunplay was still very entertaining. I still find just running ROC strikes with a group of 3 socially fun people is very entertaining.

Edit: so do we want me on sword or titan?

Feorax

I expect the community to return too, but I wonder what Bungie thinks. HoW is a ways off and there is still a big window from HoW to Comet.

It's not just that the game needs new content (it does), it's that the additions to content have to be fun.

Crota Hard is not fun.

Grinding for class mats and rad mats is not fun.

Numerous bugs (most of which so far have not been fixed) are not fun.

Having progression tied to RNG is not fun.

Having such a limited amount of high level gear be truly useful is not fun.

Xur repeatedly having the same DLC-pedaling stuff (and getting worse week by week really) is not fun.

Bungie has made promises to address a lot of these by the time HoW comes along, which is great, but that's another 3 months of putting up with this shit. It's no surprise people are taking the opportunity for a break. You couple that with Bungie's lack of info on these mystery upcoming events and there's no real incentive right now for people to log in outside of maybe on reset day.

NastyBook

At the boss on the Nightfall. Anybody want to assist me with its destruction? Just need to take out the Centurions at the bottom first.

PSN: GibbShift
The public event bounty has to be the most tedious bounty there is
Public event bounty is super easy using the public events site. There's no workaround for that shitty ass kill three enemies with your super 20 times bounty. And it's only worth 50 points.

I don't think the game needs more content right now. Instead of new content, the game needs to take better advantage of the content already available.

nOoblet16

Hunger of crota, gjallarhorn, and hit level 32 all within 5 minutes of each other. Best day ever.

OOvKF3b.gif

NastyBook

Still sitting at the Nexus on Nightfall if anybody wants a quick kill. Just need to take out the Centurions on the ground first.

PSN: GibbShift

IHaveIce

Banned
Ugh, I'm tempted to get back in. Xbox One has the DLC on sale next week, might just bite. What's changed since November? Has the grind decreased in any way, or has it gotten worse?

You can get gear that is better than VOG raid gear from vendors.

Nothing really new apart from that, add me IHaveAnIce I will play with you then.
Xbox one hard mode crota looking for 32s. THX NIN message me. Have 3 now.
damn would love to but only a 31 :(

I would probably play more if I didn't have to level up each piece of gear and weaponry I get. They take a ridiculous amount of time doing the same things to get them leveled up e.g. old bounties and old strikes. I also feel like, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, that they should stop letting old weapons be upgraded. I feel like that is a crutch and an excuse for them to not have to make new and exciting gear. Destiny can't be a one trick pony that made the Gjallarhorn and then didn't have any better ideas. I give Bungie some wiggle room on this solely because this is this their first time doing this. They didn't really have to make a boat load of weapons and armor types for Halo games, but this type of game requires that, and I think they are starting to wake up to that fact. I have a feeling that is one reason they are delaying HoW, so they can really give us a decent bit of content that is new and exciting.

You can get gear that is better than VOG raid gear from vendors.

Nothing really new apart from that, add me IHaveAnIce I will play with you then.

I think we've raided together already, so I guess I'll see you online.

Gonna install the game again and check it out. I still have a bunch of pre-patch Exotics, I'll need to trade those if I want to level them up now, right?

IHaveIce

Banned
I think we've raided together already, so I guess I'll see you online.

Gonna install the game again and check it out. I still have a bunch of pre-patch Exotics, I'll need to trade those if I want to level them up now, right?

Indeed you have to trade them in at Xur or hope to get them again :(

Mindlog

I hope it's good.
After Infamous and another game... I'm a little gunshy on pre-ordering this gen. Really looking forward to Bloodborne, but might not pre-order that either out of some jaded superstition.
Slash and 4 heavy slams has become my favorite. It's super safe and just about any half decent Swordbearer should be able to pull it off. It's what I use for soloing on hard now too. I try to just get him down once and do the slash followed by 4 heavy. Still haven't gotten past enrage though. HM and Ovrez always fuck up after Ogres it seems. Will be interesting to see who gets it first.
Yeah everyone is using Slash/4 Heavy.
It's looking more and more like the first successful kill will have perfect play with a small amount of RNG and be very hard to replicate.

What the fuck happened to multiplayer? Everyone is using Mythoclasts and snipers, even more so than in a normal game.

Yup. Skyshock is such a shit show. As soon as it pops up, I just switch to a sniper and camp at one end. Nothing else to do and at least you get into some fun(ny) sniper battles.

Sullichin

Wtf, 2 hatemails from one Clash match. Two people on the other team complaining that I used heavy ammo. I didn't even get that many machine gun kills, not sure why it pissed them off so much

Lol not with the current pricing model.

The game was already pretty thin content wise at launch so I actually expect more with this pricing model

VOG hard mode? CE normal? Anyone?

If like to do Templar x2 if anyone is interested. I did VOG yesterday with some friends and switched characters at Templar to get the cp. Today I load it up and I'm at Gorgon :( wtf.

It was obvious the game would turn out this way since the devs complained about having to include gameplay.

Yeah they made it seem like gameplay was an unavoidable burden for them. Not surprised either. Still wanna check it out though

HigXx

So this week Ive had Gjallahorn, Hawkmoon, 4th Horseman and Patience & Time

I still have 3 Atheons to go, and I'm feeling lucky

Anybody doing any raids tonight like at 9 p.m. central? My buddy and I are both hunters, 29 and 30, and haven't done a single raid. We're on XBL so we'd love to finally do Vault of Glass, we both have Crota too.

Top Bottom