• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

shermas

(from the continuing stories of leveling on the x1 side)

Just hit level 15, still haven't went to Venus, doing bounties is great, I'm hoping I can hit 18 with out ever having to do anymore of the story

I got all the way to 20 without finishing the story... I wasn't paying any attention to the cut scenes, really wasn't sure what was happening, just kept doing patrols and bounties and strikes.

I think, through the bounties, I've done all the missions, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Yeah I never do that one.

I am in the process of picking up ten story mission 5K bounties on each toon, doing them when I'm bored or when they turn up as the daily, and not turning them in until further notice... Also not picking up rank up packages or PE packages... Maybe if I get a new exotic that I like I can level it up in seconds... Otherwise no more reasons to grind.

That's a good idea. After i finish upgrading my last couple Exotics and topping off all factions at just below the level limit, i will get a full set of 5K bounties finished and just wait for HoW or a Gjallarhorn drop.

Gordon

I got all the way to 20 without finishing the story... I wasn't paying any attention to the cut scenes, really wasn't sure what was happening, just kept doing patrols and bounties and strikes.

I think, through the bounties, I've done all the missions, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
lol yeah my alt titan hit 20 without visiting Venus. Only reason he's been there now is hard VoG lol
Mars? notevenonce.jpg

shermas

I find having a buddy helps - one each in Mothyards/Divide and when an event spawns for one the other comes over. Keeps it more interesting and boosts your likelihood of catching an event if one decides not to spawn.

Don't you guys use the public event tracker sites? The divide timer, I'm pretty sure, hasn't let me down yet... the landing spot on the moon timer is pretty good, too.

mcfizzle4

Yeah I never do that one.

I am in the process of picking up ten story mission 5K bounties on each toon, doing them when I'm bored or when they turn up as the daily, and not turning them in until further notice... Also not picking up rank up packages or PE packages... Maybe if I get a new exotic that I like I can level it up in seconds... Otherwise no more reasons to grind.
I've done that for a while now. Each of my toons had 10 finished 5K bounties and as of right now 13 5k Public Event rewards sitting at postmaster. They are just waiting to be used on something, cough... Gjallarhorn...cough.

lt519

Well my two week hiatus is over, time to start a Nightfall/Weekly train if anyone is interested.

Edit: I'd do normal Crota from Deathsinger if still have spot.

Ryck

VOG hard mode? CE normal? Anyone?

If like to do Templar x2 if anyone is interested. I did VOG yesterday with some friends and switched characters at Templar to get the cp. Today I load it up and I'm at Gorgon :( wtf.

pringles

The public event bounty has to be the most tedious bounty there is
Destinypublicevents.com + Patrol missions bounty + a bit of luck = easy clear. I usually only do it on earth though. The fallen walker at The Divide is really reliable for actually happening.

lt519

holy crap does nobody play this anymore? took two weeks off and theres only 5 from my friends list on, that's an all time low.

Anyway if anyone wants to do some nightfalls let me know, missed the whole week.

holy crap does nobody play this anymore? took two weeks off and theres only 5 from my friends list on, that's an all time low.

Anyway if anyone wants to do some nightfalls let me know, missed the whole week.

There was a dramatic dropoff this week from what I have observed. I don't know what the catalyst was. Evolve was the only big release, but it seems too steep of a dropoff for just that.

CREMSteve

I need to kill Crota on HM, I have the checkpoint. Would prefer to not have it take hours to complete.

Looking for an experienced and capable GAF group to put him down quick.

Anyone interested?

Gordon

Don't you guys use the public event tracker sites? The divide timer, I'm pretty sure, hasn't let me down yet... the landing spot on the moon timer is pretty good, too.
I do, but I don't need to. Divide and Mothyards both spawn at roughly the same time (4/5 minutes of window overlapping) every 30 minutes. Basically if you can cover watching both in case one location fails to spawn an event, you can knock that bounty out with an hour and a half of sitting on your ass, provided you have the luxury of having something else to do and access to Destiny simultaneously.

Ugh, I'm tempted to get back in. Xbox One has the DLC on sale next week, might just bite. What's changed since November? Has the grind decreased in any way, or has it gotten worse?

todd360

There was a dramatic dropoff this week from what I have observed. I don't know what the catalyst was. Evolve was the only big release, but it seems too steep of a dropoff for just that.

There's nothing more to do for the hardcore players and plenty of great new games coming out. We all knew this would happen eventually. Get hyped for house of wolves. Destiny community will come back in a blaze of exotic glory. I think most of us are planning on playing bloodborne together while we wait for destiny's return.

lt519

I need to kill Crota on HM, I have the checkpoint. Would prefer to not have it take hours to complete.

Looking for an experienced and capable GAF group to put him down quick.

Anyone interested?

Could rock my 32 titan or 32 hunter. Can do Sword duty with 32 hunter, pro technique with blink strike and all that. Prefer Titan since already did my hunter on Normal. psn: rarbusto, i'll be around if you get a group

CREMSteve

Could rock my 32 titan or 32 hunter. Can do Sword duty with 32 hunter, pro technique with blink strike and all that. Prefer Titan since already did my hunter on Normal. psn: rarbusto, i'll be around if you get a group

Cool, that's two.

Crota HM Checkpoint Kill

1. StrykerIsland
2. rarbusto

HM CE seemed to be the death knell of destiny. The OT lost alot of steam the week that came out, and I think people are finally giving up the ghost when it comes to playing. There just isn't anything to chase for the most of us, or there just isn't a fun way to chase it. I know Bungie said there will be events between now and the dlc, but thus far this has amounted to, what looks like, iron banner and that's it. A lot of the people who still play in this thread also have groups they all manage to get up at the reset time with and finish everything in one go, so there isn't much else for them to do except crucible, which, depending on who you ask, is no fun either.

If you still need help with the NF I'll run them with you though.

PSN is greyblade.

Top Bottom