• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

If anyone wants to join we have a team of 4 at Atheon checkpoint, NM VoG on PS4. Starting in a few minutes. Just quote me your PSN ID or PM me and I'll add you :D

Mindlog

Well I feel dumb. In retrospect it seems obvious.
This might be common/semi-common knowledge, but me and my clan were messing around the other day and noticed this.

At the end of the Abyss in Crota's End, after the bridge is formed, it's possible for one member of your fireteam to walk up really close to the wall of light, triggering the reward drops, but not actually going through to the other side and triggering the Bridge crossing encounter.

After this, all the enemies in the Abyss stop respawning, and you will no longer have Weight of Darkness after the bridge is up
, so once you kill the last of the enemies (as said, they stop respawning, but don't despawn), you're then free to explore the Abyss to your hearts content and pick up that pesky chest!
Easy way to get the first chest in Crota's End every time.

Iron Banner rank can be reset rolled?

ocean

Banned
Yep, sign in before weekly reset and you can buy the Iron banner rank weapons and armor as long as you reached the ranks the last time!
Hold on. You mean next time IB comes around if I sign in before reset I can buy the stuff using last IB's rank? Wouldn't the doors to Saladin be closed if I sign in before the reset?

Daemul

Yep, sign in before weekly reset and you can buy the Iron banner rank weapons and armor as long as you reached the ranks the last time!

Wat.

Is this true? I swear to god if this is true I'm going to burn something down. Having to grind to level 4 again in the last IB was NOT fun, and now I hear that I could have avoided it by logging in before reset?

FML

rNilla

Well I feel dumb. In retrospect it seems obvious

Oh wow. That's pretty cool.

Nice work. That was fun (and tough) to watch. Is there an angry modifier cuz there was no staggering.

Couple questions. Do you purposely not carry any primary ammo synth? The ammo reserves are terrible. Also, when the groups of mobs spawn in, why not try to pick off the cursed thrall immediately for some AOE damage.

Thanks! I believe Angry is one of today's modifiers. Part of NLB Daily is making it harder than it needs to be on myself and maybe I take this too far (even to the detriment of the few watching). This is why I don't use synth, my super, rarely throw grenades, and try not to use anything but NLB on shielded and major enemies.

Since Wakening and Siege appear so frequently I may need to come up with a new twist for these rather than just complete them in the same way over and over again. I'm not sure what that would be though. For now I just do this weird nonsense everyday and post it on YouTube to share with DGAF.

Ghazi

Wat.

Is this true? I swear to god if this is true I'm going to burn something down. Having to grind to level 4 again in the last IB was NOT fun, and now I hear that I could have avoided it by logging in before reset?

FML

Hold on. You mean next time IB comes around if I sign in before reset I can buy the stuff using last IB's rank? Wouldn't the doors to Saladin be closed if I sign in before the reset?

Sign in before the reset and then load the tower a couple minutes after the reset and the doors are open and you have your rank. It's kinda like the weeklies not giving rewards if you sign in before the reset. I could be wrong though.

bitsurugi

Sign in before the reset and then load the tower a couple minutes after the reset and the doors are open and you have your rank. It's kinda like the weeklies not giving rewards if you sign in before the reset. I could be wrong though.

I feel so dumb. For having to grind every time...

... but are the rewards from the old banner or from the new one already?

Is this a theory or can anyone actually confirm (ab)using this?

Any glimmer farm or gatekeeper checkpoint?

I will test out the theory of signing on before weekly reset and loading tower. I got rank 5 last time with 0 Spear drops so I will definitely buy if true.

Daemul

Meh.

I'm gonna patrol around the Cosmodrome a little bit. But man, after coming off of Halo and Titanfall, that 30 fps is brutal. :lol

Lol, yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from. I booted up Titanfall a couple of weeks ago, and after playing Destiny for so long, everything looked like it was moving so fast. I was seriously struggling to keep up with the pace, and I was getting rekt by much lower generation pilots in the process, because fuck wall running yo, that shit seems OP when you've forgotten how to play the game properly.

After retreating to campaign mode for a few hours, I was back up to speed with the pace of the game thankfully enough.

Ghazi

I feel so dumb. For having to grind every time...

... but are the rewards from the old banner or from the new one already?

Is this a theory or can anyone actually confirm (ab)using this?

It works. Your Iron banner rank doesn't reset until you sign in after the reset or you try to matchmake in the playlist.

Is there any real reason to grind IB? What weapons are worth it? I might grind it if I do CE this week on my new Titan and a certain armor doesn't drop for him

grief

Anyone up for Hard VoG or Normal Crota? I just got my second character, a titan, to level 30 so I'm eager to start progressing twice as fast.

Is there any real reason to grind IB? What weapons are worth it? I might grind it if I do CE this week on my new Titan and a certain armor doesn't drop for him

My favorite sniper is a void spear with field scout and firefly. Use it more than black hammer. I had a couple things I needed last IB, but I probably won't grind it again any time soon.

Carbonox

Level 32 Hunter
Level 30 Warlock

Two men

Same DESTINY

Made it up to Crota himself on Normal with just the two of us. We will not rest until we double-team Crota himself as well.

Motherfucking game gave my Warlock NOTHING but shards and energies throughout the run so far. No armour pieces at all. :lol

Jaeyden

Level 32 Hunter
Level 30 Warlock

Two men

Same DESTINY

Made it up to Crota himself on Normal with just the two of us. We will not rest until we double-team Crota himself as well.

Motherfucking game gave my Warlock NOTHING but shards and energies throughout the run so far. No armour pieces at all. :lol

Friend and I did this yesterday. It's a rush when he goes down. Good luck Guardian!

They're afraid of you. They know a Sith Lord is hunting them down. They want nothing to do with Darth Penguin. :p

I backed out and joined another game.
There was one warlock

0zaPjcC.jpg

26 kills
of that half were of that poor poor warlock :-D

milkham

Any glimmer farm or gatekeeper checkpoint?

I will test out the theory of signing on before weekly reset and loading tower. I got rank 5 last time with 0 Spear drops so I will definitely buy if true.

what for? to double up on bounties? it doesn't work for IB because the bounties are the same exact ones everyday.

edit:
It works. Your Iron banner rank doesn't reset until you sign in after the reset or you try to matchmake in the playlist.

oh

if you play crucible at all, efrideet's spear. if you can roll one with unflinching, armor piercing and final round, snipe fools through rocks, trees and water towers, and one shot kills with the last round of each clip.

Definitely buying a Spear day 1. Then I can focus on just having fun with my Titan while levelling up the Spear.

I also didn't know that about Abyss when you see the rewards and can go back and grab chest. Crazy

Rubenov

Definitely buying a Spear day 1. Then I can focus on just having fun with my Titan while levelling up the Spear.

I also didn't know that about Abyss when you see the rewards and can go back and grab chest. Crazy

*If it's for sale. I don't think we know yet what's for sale, what's dropping as rewards, and what's not showing up at all. I assume the Lash is out due to dropping as rewards + being able to be purchased last 2 Iron Banners.

Top Bottom