• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Mindlog

Holy dick.
Crota Hard Mode was a sliver of health from being soloed. Crota's shields just didn't go down when they should have.

what for? to double up on bounties? it doesn't work for IB because the bounties are the same exact ones everyday.

edit:

oh

if you play crucible at all, efrideet's spear. if you can roll one with unflinching, armor piercing and final round, snipe fools through rocks, trees and water towers, and one shot kills with the last round of each clip.

Sounds like a good sniper, so the LDR doesn't compete at all with it?

phen0m24

Mindlog if you pull that off we will NEED to see that video.

(that would be sick - just imagining the SB/inviz/shield break/sword work to Ogres and remembering where to go after each time)

Wow.

Go get 'em.

Lol, yeah, I know exactly where you're coming from. I booted up Titanfall a couple of weeks ago, and after playing Destiny for so long, everything looked like it was moving so fast. I was seriously struggling to keep up with the pace, and I was getting rekt by much lower generation pilots in the process, because fuck wall running yo, that shit seems OP when you've forgotten how to play the game properly.

After retreating to campaign mode for a few hours, I was back up to speed with the pace of the game thankfully enough.

Now that's a fun MP experience. Wish the PC community wasn't completely dead though :(

SkylineRKR

Efrideet's Spear is ridiculous.

It dropped for me last IB, and I rolled it in Arc with Spray and play, Final round and perfect stability. Its incredible. 260 body shot damage with final round (= insta kill). Over 600 crit.

I put the game down but might play next IB too, PvP side is still somewhat fun to me. Red Death + Spear + Corrective.

For a subclass, the last 2 bubbles take forever I'm assuming right? I'm so close to maxing out my Titan void subclass and I can't wait to be done with that so I can enjoy some sweet easy mode Titan hulk smash supers.

lt519

Just logging in now. I have the Deathsinger CP. Three spots open.

1. StrykerIsland
2. tick221
3. Dhruv

If you want help again let me know, I have my 32 titan to run this time. I think Dhruv can take over sword

Edit: Not used to the slow board that post was like an hour ago. Sorry I missed it was watching Better Call Saul

It was so lacklust after a week or 2..I dont think I finish unlocking all the weapons :/

It's so much fun. Flying around the maps at an incredible pace. The chaos of Titans falling and just so much shit going on. I would have gotten to generation 10 if it weren't for the stupid regen requirements.

Mindlog

Mindlog if you pull that off we will NEED to see that video.

(that would be sick - just imagining the SB/inviz/shield break/sword work to Ogres and remembering where to go after each time)

Wow.

Go get 'em.
Definitely wasn't me. It was Slayer on HM's stream.
He had Crota. Had him dead, but just got screwed by a wayward wolfpack round.

I want to try, but they're doing everything right 300 runs later and still not consistently getting that close.
I'm assuming Mindlog was watching this stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/thehm05

I wasn't actually watching it, just got online now but I know those people have been trying to solo Scrota for a long time now.
Yup, I've had it going on in the background while finishing up stuff.
Huge coincidence I caught that particular run. It was 99.9% of the way there. If someone else gets it that guy is going to be bitter about it forever.

I want to try, but they're doing everything right 300 runs later and still not consistently getting that close.

I'm not crazy about that strat, obviously it's good enough but requires a lot of luck to not get Boomer blasted. With enough people grinding enough hours they'll get it eventually though, for sure.

GhaleonEB

So I played this a couple days and gave up. I want to give it another shot. If so, where do I start? Finish the campaign?

Finish the campaign. Make sure you do all the bounties you can along the way. Dot some patrols, strikes and crucible in the mix so the story isn't too much of a grind.

Anyone running normal or HM VoG, or normal Crota?

Sullichin

Maxed out Apothesis Veil for Sword School. Hawkian, I said I'd bring my Hunter but would rather go with my Warlock (also 31) for a chance at Black Hammer.

xCobalt

Finish the campaign. Make sure you do all the bounties you can along the way. Dot some patrols, strikes and crucible in the mix so the story isn't too much of a grind.

Anyone running normal or HM VoG, or normal Crota?

A friend and I are planning to run normal crota in like 20 mins. We would need another 3 if you're down.

I just put on my xb1 and played the first couple missions of Halo CE in 60fps. Whoa.

Also, is there no zooming in in Halo CE?

Only with weapons that have dedicated zoom modes. Pistol and Sniper Rifle, basically.

So, I wasn't imagining things when I saw you in Orbit.

No, you haven't gone insane, OddOne. Not yet.

Only played for twenty minutes or so. After getting randomly kicked to orbit and the first guy I encountered in the Cosmodrome running around farming for Spinmetal my desire to get back into the game was somewhat... decreased.

blazeuk

If anyone still needs to do the weekly (30) I'm running through it with my alt 29 hunter, just waiting around at the nexus now for another 1 or 2 to join to take Sekrion down. Don't have my mic on tonight though, trying not to wake anyone up. PSN: blazeuk.

xCobalt

I'll send invites in about 10 minutes. My PSN is JayDee191

1. JayDee191
2. JayDee191's friend
3. Xion385
4. Ghaleon_EB
5. Hyunsai
6. phantom8324

Top Bottom