• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

kctrav

Neo Member
Anyone looking to do VoG or Crota Norm tonight? I haven't done either yet so would need some coaching. Level 30 Titan. Also is there a clan to join to make finding groups easier or a GAF chat on PS4? Or is the method just to post in these threads on what you're looking to do? I could use some more Destiny friends so add me, please!

PS4: KCTRAV

Ambitious

A lot less than 80% that's for sure. The folks that played it haven't provided a percentage (the 80% is from the concerned folks) but they all said the game isn't the QTEfest many think it is.

Please point out where in my post I was talking about you

Anyway, this is off-topic. I'm out of here. There are threads in gaming side for Order discussion.

fig was asking me directly, so it was reasonable to assume your "they" in your reply to her post included me.

Krelian

I need an advice about hand cannons.
I really like them, have a good exotic one as my main weapon now. The problem is that it limits me when it comes to other weapon slots. I have good secondary/heavy exotic guns which I want to use, but I don't have anything to replace my main gun.
So, I'm looking for a good legendary hand cannon. Which one should I get?
Raid ones aren't really an option since I don't raid.
You should take a look at The Chance from Future War Cult. The vendor version has good perks including Field Scout. If you have a Crucible rank of 3 you could also try TFWPKY 1969. The Devil You Don't isn't worth it though unless you get a lucky drop with Field Scout.

coy

I need an advice about hand cannons.
I really like them, have a good exotic one as my main weapon now. The problem is that it limits me when it comes to other weapon slots. I have good secondary/heavy exotic guns which I want to use, but I don't have anything to replace my main gun.
So, I'm looking for a good legendary hand cannon. Which one should I get?
Raid ones aren't really an option since I don't raid.

I've tried the vendor versions of TFWPKY 1969 from Crucible and The Chance from Future War Cult. From these, I've found myself favoring The Chance in combat. TFWPKY 1969 is a good HC, but I liked shooting more with The Chance as well as favoring the perks. Fortunately, the vendor version has Field Scout because 6 rounds wouldn't cut it.

Vanguard sells The Devil You Don't with a low clip size so that's a no-go. Even with Field Scout (got it from an engram in NF), I wasn't feeling it like the others. If you get Venation III (Dead Orbit) or Red Hand IX (New Monarchy), those are also solid. You can only get those via drops from NF, from a legendary engram, or from ranking up with the respective faction.

If possible, try to do HM VoG because Templar drops one of the best weapons (not just HC) in the game: Fatebringer. You will fall in love. <3

My body, glimmer and motes arr ready to grab the Spear tonight. The question is, 1 or 2? Armor piercing and void/arc, let's do this

What's this now?

Is IB up again this week? I feel like I haven't even been paying attention.

But yes, get the spear. It's ridiculous for either PvP or PvE. Mine is void.

Also, the Lash. Hits like a Mac truck. Get it with outlaw, crowd control, and field scout and im convinced it's the best HC in the game.

coy

What's this now?

Is IB up again this week? I feel like I haven't even been paying attention.

But yes, get the spear. It's ridiculous for either PvP or PvE. Mine is void.

Also, the Lash. Hits like a Mac truck. Get it with outlaw, crowd control, and field scout and im convinced it's the best HC in the game.

If news is correct, IB should be available tomorrow.

Shito

I'll be honest with you guys: yesterday I started playing Diablo 3 again.
Left waaay before the expansion, so I bought it yesterday to get my fix of loots when I don't have anymore weekly activity to do on Destiny: my first few minutes in the game felt like Christmas, coming from a time where the Auction House ruled supreme.
And you know what? It gave me hope for Destiny... that things can always improve.
#dreamer

Van Owen

Banned
I'm kinda surprised how quickly my friends have dropped the game after HM Crota came out. Seemed like everyone got the weapons they wanted after 2 weeks and stopped caring. Can't say I blame them though. I only got one raid primary and don't even care to level it up.

rNilla

I'll be honest with you guys: yesterday I started playing Diablo 3 again.
Left waaay before the expansion, so I bought it yesterday to get my fix of loots when I don't have anymore weekly activity to do on Destiny: my first few minutes in the game felt like Christmas, coming from a time where the Auction House ruled supreme.
And you know what? It gave me hope for Destiny... that things can always improve.
#dreamer

The Diablo III example is something I've thought about since Destiny first came out. Here's hoping
even if it's Destiny 2

patchday

This might be the most happiest I've ever been with this game in regards to PvE. Yes, Hard mode Crota is broken beyond belief but it granted all the items I wanted right off the bat for both my classes (titan & hunter).
Maybe they hardcoded something in this drop table. Because I got one of each weapon (+1 extra Hunger Of Crota)

There are still some things I feel need massive improvement. Crucible TDB Expansion list could really use map voting and we need more Crucible modes. Like a mode with no-supers (in Halo we had a SWAT mode which was amazing)

I really feel like they should focus a tad bit more on crucible features. Just get in the basic foundation we enjoyed in Halo series. We had so much stuff (ranking,ladder, spawning on a buddy, etc). Don't worry bout weapon balance because that is just a bit too far beyond saving (looking at you Fusion rifle).

I know this is selfish of me but I'm glad the next expansion not coming out too soon. I want to enjoy being max level and casually hitting up normal Crota & HM VoG.

My advice is take a break like I did and play other games. I burned through DA: I, Diablo, and CoD: AW during my break. Currently playing Evolve but planning to get Bloodborne, etc

E92 M3

I'm kinda surprised how quickly my friends have dropped the game after HM Crota came out. Seemed like everyone got the weapons they wanted after 2 weeks and stopped caring. Can't say I blame them though. I only got one raid primary and don't even care to level it up.

Having weapons I want is the best feeling; desiring is annoying. They probably nerfed the Crux rate after people started quitting. I knew I'd be screwed in some way for not getting it the second week.

The Diablo III example is something I've thought about since Destiny first came out. Here's hoping
even if it's Destiny 2

I think Comet will some major changes - maybe even HOW.

Ridwald

I'm only around for shots at a Ghorn now. And PvP.

Which brings a question: better shot at an exotic drop, ROC or PvP?

I don't spend my time in PvP so i can't really compare but from my PvE experience i would say that ROC would be more rewarding. You will be rewarded at the end of each strike (opposed to PvP) and there's still the chance to have an engram during (or at the end of the strike)... that could turn into shards ...

Manp

man, people no longer give a shit about this game anymore :(

i went from multiple raids a week, almost every night, to barely been able to find people to complete one.
it's almost like being married :(

Van Owen

Banned
Having weapons I want is the best feeling; desiring is annoying. They probably nerfed the Crux rate after people started quitting. I knew I'd be screwed in some way for not getting it the second week.

I don't think anyone that actually has the Necro uses it...

Mindlog

Like really it will be on video and it will not be repeatable, not even for the person who did it. At least not on a consistent basis.
Agreed. Can't believe they're still going at it so hard, but someone should get it even if accidentally pretty soon here.

I wonder if the HoW release date will all depend on the user numbers between now and the end of Q2. I have a feeling if the numbers really tank then they will be pushed to release it early, but if they stay healthy, then Bungie will be given time to give us a quality product. Saying that, if I don't get a good reason to be doing the next raid and some cutscenes, I will be sore about it.

I've tried the vendor versions of TFWPKY 1969 from Crucible and The Chance from Future War Cult. From these, I've found myself favoring The Chance in combat. TFWPKY 1969 is a good HC, but I liked shooting more with The Chance as well as favoring the perks. Fortunately, the vendor version has Field Scout because 6 rounds wouldn't cut it.

Vanguard sells The Devil You Don't with a low clip size so that's a no-go. Even with Field Scout (got it from an engram in NF), I wasn't feeling it like the others. If you get Venation III (Dead Orbit) or Red Hand IX (New Monarchy), those are also solid. You can only get those via drops from NF, from a legendary engram, or from ranking up with the respective faction.

If possible, try to do HM VoG because Templar drops one of the best weapons (not just HC) in the game: Fatebringer. You will fall in love. <3

You should take a look at The Chance from Future War Cult. The vendor version has good perks including Field Scout. If you have a Crucible rank of 3 you could also try TFWPKY 1969. The Devil You Don't isn't worth it though unless you get a lucky drop with Field Scout.
Thanks for help, I'll try The Chance.

vctor182

I had a Thorn for the longest of time but didn't used it because of a whim not getting Hawkmoon, I leveled it up, took it to the crucible and... My god... what was I thinking?? All this time you were right beside me I'm so sorry!

Tapiozona

Banned
I'm only around for shots at a Ghorn now. And PvP.

Which brings a question: better shot at an exotic drop, ROC or PvP?

Take it for what its worth, anecdotal evidence, but after almost giving up I've gotten 2 horns from Crota in the past 4 days. 1 on hard mode, 1 on normal. I ran sword both times if you're superstitious.

Top Bottom