• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Skele7on

Banned
Seems like whatever game I'm looking forward is going to get hated by a large number of people in this forum for such trivial reasons. Also, that Destiny thread is looking to be like all the rest.

I literally cringe when I see Destiny threads outside here now.

Everyone just bashes it so hard.

Yet here I am just hoping I get a Gjallahorn this week....

LOL!

Namikaze1

Nami! At least it was near death and not death, amirite? :p
I was flying, fig! Flying! And then I landed and made sweet love to the ground! I nearly had a heart attack from just looking out the plane and seeing how high we were.

For both games, there are plenty of good reasons to "bash" them.
Yet the most common one for The Order is its length and Destiny the lack of a story (which is valid) and the grinding nature. The length reasons is wholly subjective while Destiny lacking a story is a valid reason and most knew beforehand the game was gonna be a grind. Though wedding know how bad of a grind it will be at the time.

Namikaze1

You've played The Order already?
Oh they "played" it alright.

It's like people are suddenly The Order experts from watching a few vids. The impressions from people who played the game have been generally positive. From what I've read, the game is incredibly polished and starts off slow. The only problem I've seen from the multiple threads this weekend most people have with the game is the length.

And then there are people who still think it's 80% QTEs when it's been proven it is not.

Anyway, I'm out. Gonna finish Majora's Mask 3D.

Deku Tree

It's like people are suddenly The Order experts from watching a few vids. The impressions from people who played the game have been generally positive. From what I've read, the game is incredibly polished and starts off slow. The only problem I've seen from the multiple threads this weekend most people have with the game is the length.

And then there are people who still think it's 80% QTEs when it's been proven it is not.

What's the QTE percentage?

TheOddOne

Yeah, it's really good. Just wish I had field scout on it.
I got some pretty decent rolls on the snipers.

Sniper 1:

- Double Down: On spawn, this weapon occasionally gains additional ammo.
- Clown Cartridge: Reloading this weapon has a chance to grant a larger than normal magazine.

Sniper 2:

- Spray and Pray: Increase the reload speed of this weapon when it’s mag is empty.
- Clown Cartridge: Reloading this weapon has a chance to grant a larger than normal magazine.

Sniper 3:

- Spray and Pray: Increase the reload speed of this weapon when it’s mag is empty.
- Final Round: The last round in a magazine deals bonus damage.

Hope to get the same roll as Sniper 1 in the next IB.

nOoblet16

In case the HM Crota doesn't work out for you guys, I want to get together another group for this.

Will anyone be doing Crota hard mode today ?

My Hunter hit 32 today. I've only managed to finish it completely once while I was level 31, where I was pretty much the bait inside the bubble shield, the rest of the times I'd only play until the thrall hallway part with a couple of friends by cheesing the bridge and then stop, but now I can actually play.

EDIT: I have a checkpoint from the thrall hallway section in hard mode.

I only do it in short bursts because I easily get bored by it. I'm honestly not committed enough and Ryan is probably gonna get it before anyone else. Even then it is a one trick pony kinda thing you know? Sure if you throw yourself at it and try it for hundreds of hours it's bound to happen once. Luck will be a big part of that run though because the general strategy is pretty clear now. .

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. It's incredibly boring. I've messed around a little trying to develop a Titan strat just because I didn't want to steal someone else's strat and try to "beat them to the punch" so to speak. The strat is everything to me, the actual execution depends on the encounter which in this case is a total bore. I can get some decent combos on him but haven't put in the time to take it seriously.

Props to HM for the dedication like you said, and his followers have really skyrocketed even if he doesn't get World's First. I hope someone gets it soon just so it will be over and nobody will ever bother with it again.

Cause you know it enraged Crota with the super hit lol. Too much damage in one sword. Guys weren't even mad though.

lol nice, always good to show randos what's possible. Definitely more fun than that solo garbage. :p

Thrak360

Neo Member
Does the stock of the Vanguard Quartermaster ever change? I know the weapon assortment is fixed, but do the perks of the offered weapons ever update?

I was going to spend some marks on one of this vendor's Scout Rifles. I checked the Destiny app and the perks looked good. But when I checked the vendor in-game, the Scout Rifles had different perks.

Thanks.

rNilla

Does the stock of the Vanguard Quartermaster ever change? I know the weapon assortment is fixed, but do the perks of the offered weapons ever update?

No but it should. The vendor selection changed when Expansion I came out but that's about it. It would be nice if they changed stock every week with random weapons and perks.

Thrak360

Neo Member
No but it should. The vendor selection changed when Expansion I came out but that's about it. It would be nice if they changed stock every week with random weapons and perks.
Thanks. The official app told me both Badger and NitC had Firefly perk, so I was pretty bummed when I went to the vendor and found different perks.

Ambitious

Please do point out where I claimed to have played the game, be an expert or that impressions have not been generally positive, would you?

I need an advice about hand cannons.
I really like them, have a good exotic one as my main weapon now. The problem is that it limits me when it comes to other weapon slots. I have good secondary/heavy exotic guns which I want to use, but I don't have anything to replace my main gun.
So, I'm looking for a good legendary hand cannon. Which one should I get?
Raid ones aren't really an option since I don't raid.

Ambitious

Thanks. The official app told me both Badger and NitC had Firefly perk, so I was pretty bummed when I went to the vendor and found different perks.

Both the app and the website display the wrong perks for vendor weapons. This problem has been present since launch.

Namikaze1

What's the QTE percentage?
A lot less than 80% that's for sure. The folks that played it haven't provided a percentage (the 80% is from the concerned folks) but they all said the game isn't the QTEfest many think it is.

Please do point out where I claimed to have played the game, be an expert or that impressions have not been generally positive, would you?
Please point out where in my post I was talking about you

Anyway, this is off-topic. I'm out of here. There are threads in gaming side for Order discussion.

Top Bottom