• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Leveling up my striker right now. Sigh, any of the regular groups looking for an extra pick up tomorrow for the raid?

I'm hoping the Mida and Crux drops for me soon and I get the rest of my exotic bounties. I think I just need the Pocket Infinity and SGA.

Edit: Any exotic weapons that everyone should focus on leveling up? I already maxed out my Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, and Thunderlord. Right now I'm working on Bad Juju and Suros slowly.

Has it been a week since epic sax grinding gorgon?! Losing track of days..and dat picture, wearing that chatterwhite and lvl30s only!

haha maybe not, it was just the first thing I thought of, can't resist that sweet sax! Me and you are the last two people anybody should expect to keep track of days :p

Chatterwhite and a group of Lv30s was hot shit back on November 3rd!

Atkison04

Don't want to jinx myself, but it's shaping up to be my first snow day of the year at work tomorrow. Bring on reset day!!

Amen! In Atlanta here and my employer has already granted permission to take a weather day tomorrow due to the chance of ice. I'm gonna take it off whether it does anything or not. I'll definitely be looking to do 3 times Nightfall and 3 times weekly pretty early on.

patchday

Leveling up my striker right now. Sigh, any of the regular groups looking for an extra pick up tomorrow for the raid?

I'm hoping the Mida and Crux drops for me soon and I get the rest of my exotic bounties. I think I just need the Pocket Infinity and SGA.

Edit: Any exotic weapons that everyone should focus on leveling up? I already maxed out my Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn, Hawkmoon, and Thunderlord. Right now I'm working on Bad Juju and Suros slowly.

Only exotic weapon I think worth maxing out is ballarhorn personally. heck I still use my fatebringer during hard mode Crota and see others using it too

ghorn is my only post-expansion maxed exotic and I think it was previously too

Only exotic weapon I think worth maxing out is ballarhorn personally. heck I still use my fatebringer during hard mode Crota and see others using it too

ghorn is my only post-expansion maxed exotic and I think it was previously too

Yea my go to loadout has been Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Ghorn but I switched it up and I'm using Ir Yut so I can get the scout rifle grimoire points.

Last night I decided to use the necrochasm while doing bounties and actually had fun using it. I noticed that when I was killing with head shots and not hitting the body, the cursed thrall explosion was happening pretty much every time. It's still a weak weapon for anything serious though.

border

My friend has been pretty obsessed with getting a rocket launched with target tracking -- even though I keep telling him it's really not that hard to hit Crota with a standard rocket launcher (or one with at least proximity detonation). He's done normal CE 3-4 times and seems to think it necessary.

He claims that he's going to grind a rocket launcher out of Iron Banner, and then keep re-rolling it until he gets one with tracking. But out of curiousity I have to ask - is it possible to re-roll a rocket launcher and get a tracking perk? I'd hate for him to do all that grinding for nothing.

rNilla

The bridge part on the first try I'm impressed though, yeah.
And I also mess up that lamp jump sooo many times...

I mean I'm cheesing the hell out of it so that part isn't impressive. I'm just amazed I strung together two perfect runs. #TeamFirstTry I guess.

stb

Anyone doing HM CE (the full run or any portion; need dem shards) or Atheon kill?

I'll be doing bounties, please shoot me a FR or invite: PSN berried_treasure

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My friend has been pretty obsessed with getting a rocket launched with target tracking -- even though I keep telling him it's really not that hard to hit Crota with a standard rocket launcher (or one with at least proximity detonation). He's done normal CE 3-4 times and seems to think it necessary.

He claims that he's going to grind a rocket launcher out of Iron Banner, and then keep re-rolling it until he gets one with tracking. But out of curiousity I have to ask - is it possible to re-roll a rocket launcher and get a tracking perk? I'd hate for him to do all that grinding for nothing.
Wouldn't it be easier to just grind Crota normal and get the Hunger of Crota?

Btw hope the trip was well! You didn't miss much.

lol thanks it was :D
Yay figs back.

hi Todd
Ice Breaker is overrated.

Co11mHh.png

No, you are insane.
Welcome back fig. Here's a fun random picture I found from the archives. Lots of DGAF regulars tormenting Tower blueberries, all the way back on Nov. 3
I think we were still arch-nemeses then... :p

lmao thanks Driz

I have absolutely no recollection of that, feels weird to see myself sporting Chatterwhite. We were all so young then.

How could we ever be arch-nemeses? :p

hope you had a nice vacation fig :)

Thank you, Hawk. It was pretty great. :D

Yep, I have tracking and field scout on my IB rocket launcher.

ask a certain unknown person about getting the hunger of crota or gjalla-salty I shouldn't finish that word lolz currently catching up with
gao gao

border

I've been running normal Crota for months now and still have no Hunger.

That said, your point is entirely reasonable but there is really no talking this guy out of things. He wanted to start a second Hunter so he could easily run CE twice a week -- I tried to explain that House of Wolves is months away and there's really no rush to get geared up. He started a redundant Hunter anyway.

patchday

Yep, I have tracking and field scout on my IB rocket launcher.

ask a certain unknown person about getting the hunger of crota or gjalla-salty I shouldn't finish that word lolz currently catching up with
gao gao

I messed up my IB rocket launcher and didn't pick Tracking.

So sad. And it only has 1 rocket in the mag unless I select field scout :(

Wasted my motes

I messed up my IB rocket launcher and didn't pick Tracking.

So sad. And it only has 1 rocket in the mag unless I select field scout :(

Wasted my motes
I believe its impossible to get tripod and tracking, so the next best thing IMO is tracking and field scout.
edit: Here is the IB RL I currently have, forgive the massive 3 screen shot, dont know how to take only 1 screen shot of my computer screen.
Anyone running normal CE in this ghost town?
POST MOAR DAMNIT!!

still faster than the other threads :p

cilonen

Just spent the best part of fifty quid laying CAT6 Ethernet cable between my PS4 and my router. Come at me lag. (I know you will because it's most likely the servers........)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I just got back from a 3 day stay-cation, felt good to not be shackled by the daily grind, missed ya'll

Sulik2

Anyone want to run VoG HM tonight around 6:30 or 7 PM EST on PS4? Would love a full clear to suck up some ascendant energy before IB weapons.

1) Sulik2
2) Oddahc
3) Sullichin
4)
5)
6)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Anyone Xbox folks available to help my 31 Warlock through CE up to Crota? Haven't had a chance to run it this week.

Total Sellout

Top Bottom