• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Got nothing from nm crota, no armor no exotics :(

Guess my warlock is unlucky.

So is my hunter :-(

That's also just how the CE loot system works. With a new character you have no history of "bad drops" so your odds of getting armor are pretty low. But next week you will have that history stored up and be more likely to get something good. I feel like we only saw 1-2 armor pieces total drop for our group when we did blind NM CE.

Someone finally did it. It's beautiful.

untitled_by_karinolava-d6nmx1b.jpg

patchday

I'm only around for shots at a Ghorn now. And PvP.

Which brings a question: better shot at an exotic drop, ROC or PvP?

Defintely not pvp (Rather Crucible). I never see anyone get squat in crucible. Not even decent glimmer. Hell, I'd love to get buried in Green armor but it doesnt even give that out like it should. Now, in IB I got a Suros. But in Crucible? Never nothing in all these months and I've maxed my marks multiple times in there too

I need an advice about hand cannons.
I really like them, have a good exotic one as my main weapon now. The problem is that it limits me when it comes to other weapon slots. I have good secondary/heavy exotic guns which I want to use, but I don't have anything to replace my main gun.
So, I'm looking for a good legendary hand cannon. Which one should I get?
Raid ones aren't really an option since I don't raid.
If you're not doing the raid, then you're missing out on the best aspect of the game. And fatebringer.

Take it for what its worth, anecdotal evidence, but after almost giving up I've gotten 2 horns from Crota in the past 4 days. 1 on hard mode, 1 on normal. I ran sword both times if you're superstitious.

Yeah I know Crota/DS/Atheon/NFs/gorgon chest are all better spots.

I ask because I've done all of that stuff for the week but still feel like playing a bit so want to max my chance at the horn.

That's also just how the CE loot system works. With a new character you have no history of "bad drops" so your odds of getting armor are pretty low. But next week you will have that history stored up and be more likely to get something good. I feel like we only saw 1-2 armor pieces total drop for our group when we did blind NM CE.

Let's hope so, I'd love gloves and boots. Helm from crota. Praxic upgrade from Xur. 32 in a week.

Does anyone know if legendary engrams stay with the current DLC package or can they be saved till the next dlc for upgraded vendor gear.

Thinking about saving a few for when HoW so I don't have to grind out marks. I know it's far away I just want to have an engram party.

Gordon

Two nights now my raid group(s) have been beating our heads against hard Crota. We've been running the middle strat, with (usually) two Defenders - one for a boomer distraction bubble and one for a retreat bubble, your usual level 32 geared out hunter swordbearer, and we've managed to get Crota to the edge of enrage quite a few times, but then either a thrall despawns our sword or the sword just doesn't seem to hurt him any more and he just stands there and takes it and then kills us all :/ Got any tips?

[from the distant land of Xbox 360, if you're wondering - far beyond your reach]

RetroMG

Does anyone know if legendary engrams stay with the current DLC package or can they be saved till the next dlc for upgraded vendor gear.

Thinking about saving a few for when HoW so I don't have to grind out marks. I know it's far away I just want to have an engram party.

I think they would decrypt as Dark Below. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that's how it went this last time.

Welcome back fig. Here's a fun random picture I found from the archives. Lots of DGAF regulars tormenting Tower blueberries, all the way back on Nov. 3
I think we were still arch-nemeses then... :p

B9-4PFlIgAASOyQ.jpg:large

Btw hope the trip was well! You didn't miss much.

Didn't miss much ?!?! What about Epic Saxxy Gorgon Grinding??

I get no love. :(

haha damnit! I knew I wrote that post too quickly. ;_;

A thousand pardons, I'll dig through my files and find some funny videos or pictures to find something that can pay tribute to the good and kindly Macello!

Took me a little while to get around to it, but this is a good one! After our first HM Scrota kill (Death and Jupiter didn't get the memo about dancing, haha):

B9QQcBzIQAAg4DN.jpg:large

GhaleonEB

Of course!

NM Crota: Add yourself if you want in!

1. Ozone (Ozone31)
2. RetroGamer42 (RetroMG)
3. B_Spooky13 (B_Spooky13)

Got room for another? My daughter is looking for a raid run. She's cleared it three or four times now. PSN is NatCat_49

Welcome back fig. Here's a fun random picture I found from the archives. Lots of DGAF regulars tormenting Tower blueberries, all the way back on Nov. 3
I think we were still arch-nemeses then... :p

B9-4PFlIgAASOyQ.jpg:large

Didn't miss much ?!?! What about Epic Saxxy Gorgon Grinding??

Took me a little while to get around to it, but this is a good one! After our first HM Scrota kill (Death and Jupiter didn't get the memo about dancing, haha):

B9QQcBzIQAAg4DN.jpg:large

Has it been a week since epic sax grinding gorgon?! Losing track of days..and dat picture, wearing that chatterwhite and lvl30s only!

Ozone

Got room for another? My daughter is looking for a raid run. She's cleared it three or four times now. PSN is NatCat_49

1. Ozone (Ozone31)
4. GibbShift
5. NatCat_49

Room for one more!

RetroMG

1. Ozone (Ozone31)
4. GibbShift
5. NatCat_49

Room for one more!

FR Sent. Also, NastyBook wanted in, in the post above Ghaelon's.

Grabbing some gear from my hunter and then I will be ready to roll.

patchday

Two nights now my raid group(s) have been beating our heads against hard Crota. We've been running the middle strat, with (usually) two Defenders - one for a boomer distraction bubble and one for a retreat bubble, your usual level 32 geared out hunter swordbearer, and we've managed to get Crota to the edge of enrage quite a few times, but then either a thrall despawns our sword or the sword just doesn't seem to hurt him any more and he just stands there and takes it and then kills us all :/ Got any tips?

[from the distant land of Xbox 360, if you're wondering - far beyond your reach]

I have a few hard mode clears under my belt now. I usually play distraction Titan tho.
- Make sure everyone stands infront of window when using middle strategy just incase Thralls spawn
- I like to shoot at the glass when we're standing in Crystal room waiting for Crota to move back to middle to pull Swordbearer-AI down. But some sword users don't want to run farther to Crota from there
- Make sure everyone has Tracking on their Rocket Launchers for Crota
- We carried like 2-3 31s and it was mostly a random team too last night. But we had an excellent sword user that knew what he was doing
- Don't let anyone die at all during enrage before the final swing or something like that. That's like the worst ever. Crota will just stand back up and kick sword user's butt.
- I've seen Warlocks suicide and repop to create orbs. But I don't like them using that strategy. This guy was a good player that was doing this yesterday but he was only L31. So after repopping he just got re-owned.

Hard mode Crota is seriously frustrating due to getting so close to a kill and then getting blueballed. I am so glad I got all the stuff I wanted. Though I still plan to hit it up like once a week. My titan has 2 helms but neither has infusion. Just minor stuff like that I'd like to acquire for completeness sake

Btw, finally, I want to say I think it is all up to Sword user. He can't just be good he has to be darn near perfect. And a bad distraction titan can get him killed as well by not holding down Boomers

Top Bottom