• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

border

Was looking through my vault and my God are commendations useless and a thoroughly half assed idea introduced by Bungie. I have 17 Vanguard commendations and 7 for crucible.

Commendations were so stupid. What exactly did they accomplish, aside from delaying a few people from getting armor for like a week a best? Everybody willing to do even a little bit of planning got their entire vendor set on Day 1 anyhow.

It's funny to think that people were god-damned furious about the Commendations when The Dark Below launched, and now everybody has at least a dozen of them sitting in the vault.

blamite

So, is the ability to get out of bounds on the Black Garden and run around on top of the level geometry already a well-known thing, or should I bother uploading this video?

patchday

actually there is an element here to control that most forget but I remind my fireteam about all the time... you don't have to camp the control points at all, because the opposing team has to at least neutralize the point before they even can begin to erase your influence on that point. this takes about ten seconds or so, you can simply snipe people out of these points and never sit on the actual point once it's taken.
I almost never sit on an actual point I am mostly watching it from ten to thirty feet away.... also i don't find it unbalanced when every class has an almost invincible move of some type?

what really ruins it is lag, the concept and execution is quite fun, the rewards are horrendous (worst maybe in history of games) and the lag makes it a beginner magnet because everyone can punch and get kills, as it doesn't register fast enough to reward you for skill....

The main issue with Control is the map layout. There are so many low ceilings you'd think Bungie was making a new Halo game and not accounting for vertical powers (Hunter-Triple Jump, Hunter-Blink, Warlock-Blink). So when someone fires an AoE (Nova bomb, rocket), you just die. It is perfectly beyond your control. And you will die when taking points like this all the time. When there are high ceilings I've actually dodged the Nova bombs.

In Clash this problem is reduced dramatically because you can fight outdoors and avoid all the massive aoe spam from Warlocks, rockets, titan hulk smashes, etc.

NastyBook

Okay, I see what that poster was talking about with the Public Events bounty. There's at least FIVE events happening simultaneously now. It's completely FUBAR'd. And they did it without telling anybody.

I used to be able to at least make it from Forgotten Shore to The Divide, but I can't even do that now.

Sneaky SOBs...

todd360

Legends are purple

Exotics are yellow

When nami fell, he turned into jello

Guardian down he screamed

The instructor slapped him

And told him to stay mellow

Fig is back

Without her, we weren't stacked

After I'm done eating

Perhaps I shall clap

Jinjo

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with Omnigul on Earth. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt the world. So let's get to taking out her Hive, one by one

Now you're just rehashing old content Nami

Just like Bungie does with Destiny

rNilla

This is just stupid.

2XflxzF8GvtZ73NJZTO.gif

Legends are purple

Exotics are yellow

Fig is back

After I'm done eating

Perhaps I shall clap

Why are you drinking on a Monday?

Namikaze1

Legends are purple

Exotics are yellow

Fig is back

After I'm done eating

Perhaps I shall clap
You forgot to include the word "hot" between "The" and "instructor"

Now you're just rehashing old content Nami

Just like Bungie does with Destiny
Something dark stirs in the depths of Mars. We can feel it. A Cabal abomination bred for unthinkable evil. We must pierce the veil of their base and destroy this creature...before the Cabal unleash it upon us all.

I landed hours ago lol

I don't think my sword skills would have been on point today anyway.
You didn't jumped out of a plane though...

Why are you drinking on a Monday?
Monday is the best day to drink! You can come in Tuesday to work/class and place your head down on your desk and watch as the day quickly goes by!

Arrrammis

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt the world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.

Honestly, I wouldn't really mind this as long as it has Solar burn again. Only takes about 11 Ghorn rounds to kill her, if at least 2 of the 3 players have them then she's down before she can summon the first wave of reinforcements.

Sometimes I wander over to N4G to check out some headlines... then I wander into the comments sections... and immediately regret doing so and have to close the browser window entirely.

Becoming more thankful for the DGAF community every day.

I got a level 28 Hunter, is there any raids happening I can tag along and be a burden for?

Looking to do 1 full normal CE before reset. Anything going on?

PSN: thaOcho lvl 30 titan

I dont mind running through CE normal. Its pretty fast :p Need 3 more as of now.

Thanks guys for your help! Only 1 shard away from 32 on my Hunter!
No problem! I def did scrub it up when i tried using the combo and blink strike :p

Of all three classes, we rely on the Titan a lot. I am a hunter, and popping that bubble makes my life so much easier. If I could go back and create my one character again, it would be a Titan.

You guys are awesome.

Namikaze1

Blah using the R1,R1,R2 + R1,R1,R2,R2 Feels like it takes much longer and crota gets up before I get the last R2 in.

Takes longer than what? That combo is for 69,307 damage, it's a four shield break pace to kill Scrota. So it definitely is trying to maximize damage, have to initiate it really before he starts dropping at all. As long as everyone has rockets coming on time it shouldn't cause an issue, but maybe the first R1 would count which is still okay.

It's definitely overkill if you're just going for an easy 3 sword kill though.

lt519

Sorry couldn't get that done there guys. Couple weird things going on, swordbearer wasn't playing nice and I think I was just having a laggy day. Accidentally enraging him on two swords was fun though.

Top Bottom