• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

It's the anniversary of Twitch Plays Pokemon Red so they're doing it again. The goal this time is to complete the Pokedex

Also, praise the Dome! Fuck the Helix!

That's gonna take a while lol.

Scum.

Charizard was released. Every time America goes to sleep something bad happens.

I was looking at the old threads and saw a lot of Math posts. Some from Fig and Nami too. but I guess you guys didnt know each other at the time right?

Either way... that first run was magical and nothing shall ever get even close to that amout of awesomeness.

nOoblet16

Dragon's Breath is actually a good RL for Crota. You'd have to have your eyes closed not to hit him.

Dragon's Fart is slow as shit and Crota moves about a lot when he is getting hit, without a perk such as proximity detonation or tracking I find it quite difficult to hit him...especially with a slow rocket launcher like that.

I remember Math posting a lot in those threads, but I'm not sure we actually ever conversed lol.

I can't get invested again. It's too painful.

They already threw my favourite in the bin.

Namikaze1

I was looking at the old threads and saw a lot of Math posts. Some from Fig and Nami too. but I guess you guys didnt know each other at the time right?

Either way... that first run was magical and nothing shall ever get even close to that amout of awesomeness.
We didn't but it was during that time where I blew Math's mind by asking why her avatar has pink slippers. Her avatar was never the same after that revelation.

I miss seeing that pink slippers wearing Tyrunt avatar on DGAF. :(

I will never forget Venomoth the Dragonborn! The reaction on GAF when Lance's Dragonites fell to our underleveled Venomoth was great.

Arrrammis

It was the opposite in the first run. America ruined everything.

I'm gonna have nightmares about the PC again.

If I recall correctly, America is the only reason we got past the safari zone. The Aussies were stuck there forever.

Also, apparently this time, Onyx is the false god and people are trying to get a team full of Digglets.

Sulik2

Anyone want to run VoG HM tonight around 6:45 PM EST on PS4? Would love a full clear to suck up some ascendant energy before IB weapons.

1) Sulik2
2) Oddahc
3) Sullichin
4)
5)
6)

Nah way bruv

I remember every time it was prime time America shit would start hitting the fan. Fuck knows how Bird Jesus made it to the end.

We didn't but it was during that time where I blew Math's mind by asking why her avatar has pink slippers. Her avatar was never the same after that revelation.

I miss seeing that pink slippers wearing Tyrunt avatar on DGAF. :(

I will never forget Venomoth the Dragonborn! The reaction on GAF when Lance's Dragonites fell to our underleveled Venomoth was great.

You guys should check the old thread if you want a laugh.

Bloody Sunday happened February 23 2014 if you guys wanna skip to that. It's absolute insanity. The same thread also has the Lv 36 ATV stall-killing a LV 62 Dragonite... absolute madness.

If I recall correctly, America is the only reason we got past the safari zone. The Aussies were stuck there forever.

Also, apparently this time, Onyx is the false god and people are trying to get a team full of Digglets.

A sound strategy.
You guys should check the old thread if you want a laugh.

Bloody Sunday happened February 23 2014 if you guys wanna skip to that. It's absolute insanity. The same thread also has the Lv 36 ATV stall-killing a LV 62 Dragonite... absolute madness.

Oh, Bloody Sunday. Didn't that result in hours trying to teach another Pokémon Cut? As if using Cut wasn't fucking hard enough.

I loved the final team though. It was actually pretty good, all things considered.

rNilla

Is this any good?

3PWZZl7.jpg

nOoblet16

Anyone want to run VoG HM tonight around 6:45 PM EST on PS4? Would love a full clear to suck up some ascendant energy before IB weapons.

1) Sulik2
2) Oddahc
3) Sullichin
4)
5)
6)

I'll come nOoblet16.
I've never had a single VoG clear, even on normal...and I am level 32.
No one in my group liked to play it and I've been meaning to play it for Fatebringer :p

I just hope it doesn't take too long, I can manage 2 hours from the start time though.

joecanada

Does someone have a real breakdown of RNG and how it works in this game?

Crucible is a joke, I played 6 hours straight and nothing.

hahaha sorry to break it to you but I have no excuses for destiny in this regards (don't hate the game but this aspect is , yeah.........)....

I have 2 DAYS , 17 hours in control alone, not ONE legendary or useable piece of gear in that entire time. have SEEN maybe 5 legendaries in that time on any player.

you just get your marks and cash them in like everyone else :p

actually there is an element here to control that most forget but I remind my fireteam about all the time... you don't have to camp the control points at all, because the opposing team has to at least neutralize the point before they even can begin to erase your influence on that point. this takes about ten seconds or so, you can simply snipe people out of these points and never sit on the actual point once it's taken.
I almost never sit on an actual point I am mostly watching it from ten to thirty feet away.... also i don't find it unbalanced when every class has an almost invincible move of some type?

what really ruins it is lag, the concept and execution is quite fun, the rewards are horrendous (worst maybe in history of games) and the lag makes it a beginner magnet because everyone can punch and get kills, as it doesn't register fast enough to reward you for skill....

It's unbalanced in that you go from a primary weapon which can take seconds to kill to a shit load of way to one hit kill people. Makes people not use primary weapons and start spamming methods for one hit kills which makes it boring for me. I have never played a MP shooter where you have a primary weapon, special weapon, heavy weapon, supers and mele (and other bullshit like shoulder charge).

It's also sad that the clusterfuck Called the crucible is causing Bungie to nerf pretty much every weapon to oblivion. The PVE definitely suffers from it

I don't disagree completely but I don't think you are really meant to avoid that stuff all the time, every ability has a counter of some kind for instance I can fusion rifle a blade dancer, you can void bomb a bubble, etc....

I think maybe they should have allowed custom game rules, but I don't think the supers are really the problem, I sit back after capturing a control point and take advantage of knowing people will save supers for the points... I do get killed a lot but the challenge is timing your own super i guess...

I think you're oversimplifying when you say "every ability has a counter". Sure you can kill a blade dancer, but it's not that easy. A person doing a super should not be damn near invincible (titan doing smash with invincibility perk). They should be extra vulnerable since they are about to output a shit load of damage. That would be a little more balanced. I can't tell you how many times I've killed a titan only to see them panic and press the super buttons and suddenly they wipe out half my team. It's bullshit.

rNilla

Twilight is the only reason I stop and look at blue drops like snipers every once in a while instead of instantly dismantling them. Not that I'd use it anyway...

joecanada

The main issue with Control is the map layout. There are so many low ceilings you'd think Bungie was making a new Halo game and not accounting for vertical powers (Hunter-Triple Jump, Hunter-Blink, Warlock-Blink). So when someone fires an AoE (Nova bomb, rocket), you just die. It is perfectly beyond your control. And you will die when taking points like this all the time. When there are high ceilings I've actually dodged the Nova bombs.

In Clash this problem is reduced dramatically because you can fight outdoors and avoid all the massive aoe spam from Warlocks, rockets, titan hulk smashes, etc.

I don't disagree completely but I don't think you are really meant to avoid that stuff all the time, every ability has a counter of some kind for instance I can fusion rifle a blade dancer, you can void bomb a bubble, etc....

I think maybe they should have allowed custom game rules, but I don't think the supers are really the problem, I sit back after capturing a control point and take advantage of knowing people will save supers for the points... I do get killed a lot but the challenge is timing your own super i guess...

RetroMG

Wow, what the hell did I miss?

Also, I have no idea how long I have before my wife gets home, but does anyone want to go Glimmer farming?

joecanada

why r u not on my friend's list bruh?

fire away man, I'm pretty much only playing crucible now, level 32 , not a collector of weapons... will play crucible from now till may if the lag doesn't piss me off too much......have all iron banner weapons already, so just playing for the pride and glory lol....

psn same as here.

Sullichin

1) Sulik2
2) Oddahc
3) Sullichin
4)
5)
6)

Ah shit I'm actually not going to be able to make this sorry! Hope the slot fills up quick

amar212

My friend has been pretty obsessed with getting a rocket launched with target tracking -- even though I keep telling him it's really not that hard to hit Crota with a standard rocket launcher (or one with at least proximity detonation). He's done normal CE 3-4 times and seems to think it necessary.

He claims that he's going to grind a rocket launcher out of Iron Banner, and then keep re-rolling it until he gets one with tracking. But out of curiousity I have to ask - is it possible to re-roll a rocket launcher and get a tracking perk? I'd hate for him to do all that grinding for nothing.

My opinion? He should NOT spend time and effort for that. And here is why:

a) Crota NM launcher have tracking. He should ne patient, one day he will get it
b) He could also get Truth maybe, so tracking again (I am not mentioning Gjalah)
c) until he waits for such drop, he should buy damn LDR at the Vanguard mentor or play Banner to get Spear sniper drop (advanced LDR). That sniper is the TRUE BEAST for Crota downtime and if there is something he should be spending Motes in rerolls that would be upgrading Spear for potential ULTIMATE combo: Surplus + Wall Penetration + Field Scout (I would give 100 Motes inststantly for such combo).

Rocket with tracking is not useful as LDR on Crota, especially on HM. He can produce much more DPS and be free from Heavy Ammo Synthsis Pressure with good LDR or customized Spear.

A sound strategy.

Oh, Bloody Sunday. Didn't that result in hours trying to teach another Pokémon Cut? As if using Cut wasn't fucking hard enough.

I loved the final team though. It was actually pretty good, all things considered.

No. Bloody sunday is the day they finally beat the rocket hideout without digrat diggind them straight to the pokecenter mid way thorugh. They actually did dig after beating giovanni and before grabbing the silph scope too lol.
That gave them a Master ball. They managed to grab a Zapdos with that master ball.
After that they spent about 7 hours in 4 PC visits trying to get zapdos out. Managed to realease 11 pokemons in the process. Including Digrat, Xcabbagge and a bunch of safari pokes.

The reactions are glorious.

Question: The Glimmer checkpoint goes away after reset, right? Is there a way to keep it?

Load in before the reset and wait until the reset happens. Then have one of your friends log out and log in and join you. They will now have the checkpoint for the new week. You can then sign out and sign and and join your friend so that you can get the CP for the new week as well

Question: The Glimmer checkpoint goes away after reset, right? Is there a way to keep it?

1) Be online before the reset.
2) Wait for reset inside the checkpoint you wanna keep.
3) After reset ask for someone that came online after the reset to join you ang grab the checkpoint.
4) You logout. Come back in and grab the CP back.

joecanada

Unflinching and Armor piercing... definitely a Crucible sniper.

That's what the famed Twilight Gap uses, but his has an Ambush scope.

Ok i don't really want everyone to know this :p but this is DGAF after all... you take any sniper, put it up with unflinching, armour piercing, and final round....

the other day I was sniping through B on the earth map (im so bad with names). just sitting there two/one shotting people through the walls. especially where control points have the grates for walls... LOL. (final round gives one shot body shots)

I just found a purple sniper with these perks two weeks ago, instantly jumped for joy.

No. Bloody sunday is the day they finally beat the rocket hideout without digrat diggind them straight to the pokecenter mid way thorugh. They actually did dig after beating giovanni and before grabbing the silph scope too lol.
That gave them a Master ball. They managed to grab a Zapdos with that master ball.
After that they spent about 7 hours in 4 PC visits trying to get zapdos out. Managed to realease 11 pokemons in the process. Including Digrat, Xcabbagge and a bunch of safari pokes.

The reactions are glorious.

Aww yeah poor Big Dig ;-;

Thanks Crota team for getting me both to Level 32 AND my first time killing Crota with the sword! Excellent run. :)

Congrats :) and my apologizes if I sounded negative in any sense
I feel like I tend to do that when I dont mean to :(
. Just saying once you mess around with it more, you will become even more deadly with the sword! But nonetheless you did a great job :)

edit: well once I think about it, I prob sound that way due to my education. I always have to weigh out the pros and cons, compare the positives and negatives..blah blah blah so once again my apologizes and you did a great job :D

joecanada

It's unbalanced in that you go from a primary weapon which can take seconds to kill to a shit load of way to one hit kill people. Makes people not use primary weapons and start spamming methods for one hit kills which makes it boring for me. I have never played a MP shooter where you have a primary weapon, special weapon, heavy weapon, supers and mele (and other bullshit like shoulder charge).

It's also sad that the clusterfuck Called the crucible is causing Bungie to nerf pretty much every weapon to oblivion. The PVE definitely suffers from it

I think you're oversimplifying when you say "every ability has a counter". Sure you can kill a blade dancer, but it's not that easy. A person doing a super should not be damn near invincible (titan doing smash with invincibility perk). They should be extra vulnerable since they are about to output a shit load of damage. That would be a little more balanced. I can't tell you how many times I've killed a titan only to see them panic and press the super buttons and suddenly they wipe out half my team. It's bullshit.

I get it, I mean I sometimes get so pissed you can go 5 minutes and get killed like this "super, rocket, rocket, super, super, super"... and it really gets to you because yes in that way the fun is sucked out of it.
But really I don't see how it's any different than any other MP game... if you have a bad team, you are going to have less fun in some situations. In COD if someone was spamming AC140 or how about a nuke? you would pretty much just quit out.
Battlefield, if you had one team who had two good heli pilots, it was hell. same with tanks.

I think its a team game so at some point you need a good team. My biggest issue is lag because I run a sunsinger. Therefore as a sunsinger everything kills me lol... bladedancer, I can't go into bubbles, titan smash. My only recourse is of course to raise from the dead and punch or spam grenades but due to lag you often get simultaneous kills. However I can switch on the fly meaning if I run up against a team of bubble titans I will switch to void walker and start sending void bombs in there.

Again i think there should be custom modes but I don't think the supers should be nerfed in any way. They are meant to be a super, probably the only problem is perhaps there should be a cap on how fast you earn supers. but again the problem of team balance comes into play because the team with more kills will earn super faster.

I vastly prefer this game type to halo where it was a rush for the rocket launcher and then everyone just scattered. Whole games revolved around weapon spawns, which I hate.

Top Bottom