• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

todd360

*Grabs bowl, lights it*

hmm-yes-quite.jpg

A bowl of cereal good sir?

Takes longer than what? That combo is for 69,307 damage, it's a four shield break pace to kill Scrota. So it definitely is trying to maximize damage, have to initiate it really before he starts dropping at all. As long as everyone has rockets coming on time it shouldn't cause an issue, but maybe the first R1 would count which is still okay.

It's definitely overkill if you're just going for an easy 3 sword kill though.
Then spamming 3xR2 :p
Do you mind if I bring a friend of mine who never did it ? He is Hunter or Titan, both 31.

I'm Warlock 32, PSN : Hyunsai
Sure that's fine with me.

todd360

Still a better way to go out than hitting than hitting the ground from such a high altitude.

I would jump with fig. We could have a touching moment in the sky before we fall into the cruel Irish sea.

*While falling*

Todd you were always a shit destiny player.
I'm sorry, but I had to get that off my chest.

LTWood12

Sorry for just now responding to anyone who was asking to get in our group. We filled up so quick, then my son woke up, so we made a short go of it. Thanks to the gaffers who joined up. Sorry we couldn't get the kill, but thanks for patiently letting T-44 improve his sword skills.

Side note, Rarbusto is a freaking beast on the sword! Sweet Jesus!

Hoping to be on tonight kicking Crota's ass and maybe even doing some Atheon. Provided my spouse doesn't have other plans :)

Namikaze1

I don't think hitting water or solid ground from 30,000ft really makes much of a difference tbh.

Would make me much harder to find though.
Which is why I say it's a better way to go out. I don't want my friends and family seeing what's left of me. I rather some aquatic creature eats my remains than for them to see what's left of me.

Ozone

I dont mind running through CE normal. Its pretty fast :p Need 3 more as of now.

No problem! I def did scrub it up when i tried using the combo and blink strike :p
I could run though CE on normal too. I only did the final kill on my hunter, so a shot at that last shard sounds good to me! ID: Ozone31

edit: if anyone needs another HM Scrota kill and is willing to possibly waste a run after 2 swords pushing him to enrage, I have a theory I want to try to hit just before enrage after 4 combos then kill him on the 5th to avoid enrage entirely... might not work but worth a shot.

Then spamming 3xR2 :p.

haha yeah doing 69,307 damage takes longer than 45,903....

83-big.gif

Which is why I say it's a better way to go out. I don't want my friends and family seeing what's left of me. I rather some aquatic creature eats my remains than for them to see what's left of me.

Sure, but I'll stick to just sitting on the plane in future I think. The no parachute thing kinda puts me off the skydiving a bit.

lol assmatgaf in full effect, with "math" here in spirit. If only zoba was still alive to see this ;_;

"Bogue"-ster is actually pronounced the same as in "bogus" or Vogue or....:

file_179909_0_Dogue.jpg

Rubenov

He claims that he's going to grind a rocket launcher out of Iron Banner, and then keep re-rolling it until he gets one with tracking. But out of curiousity I have to ask - is it possible to re-roll a rocket launcher and get a tracking perk? I'd hate for him to do all that grinding for nothing.

That's what I did... works great

Namikaze1

lol assmatgaf in full effect, with "math" here in spirit. If only zoba was still alive to see this ;_;

"Bogue"-ster is actually pronounced the same as in "bogus" or Vogue or....:

file_179909_0_Dogue.jpg
Math is on a journey at the moment. Though I wouldn't call standing before a Pokemon destroying PC for several hours a journey.

Zoba's spirit lives on in Destiny's Twilight Gap

Lima

Lag can kill it quick.
Could try the other one. R1, R2x4

Don't even need to R1 on the last down.

Lag can also kill that depending on when you start swinging etc. Generally if your group has enough rockets go for 3 shield breaks on the first sword to get a couple extra hits in.

todd360

Math is on a journey at the moment. Though I wouldn't call standing before a Pokemon destroying PC for several hours a journey.

On that's where she is? I'm coming math-senpai! How about that clutch splash against Misty's last Pokemon? Also praise the dome I guess since they chose dome.

lt519

Side note, Rarbusto is a freaking beast on the sword! Sweet Jesus!

Wasn't so pretty after you left, we had major issues with the swordbearer just running to the ogre room or so far right that I had to kill him myself and then timing got all out of whack. At one point nobody on my team could hear me and 4 Gallahorns/primaries and two sword swings didn't kneel Crota. Was really bizarre, I think my connection was garbage. At that point you just have to walk away for a little while and try again later.

Rubenov

Is it possible to roll a decent IB AR or should I just shard this thing

It's the low impact high ROF type, but honestly it feels much stronger to me than it should. WAY better than Nechrochasm/Dr. Nope types. Surprisingly good stability too. Maybe some others have used it and can chime in.

LTWood12

Wasn't so pretty after you left, we had major issues with the swordbearer just running to the ogre room or so far right that I had to kill him myself and then timing got all out of whack. At one point nobody on my team could hear me and 4 Gallahorns/primaries and two sword swings didn't kneel Crota. Was really bizarre, I think my connection was garbage. At that point you just have to walk away for a little while and try again later.

That sounds awful. Maybe we can get it done tonight.

Top Bottom