• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Crota's End Hard mode (Crota checkpoint)

1) namikaze1
2) greyblade
3)
4)
5)
6)

I need to do this quick cause I am having company over soon.

Also, we need experienced Swordbearers.
I may not be on right now, but I'm watching the thread and right near my ps4 and ready to go.

tick221

1) namikaze1
2) greyblade
3)
4)
5)
6)

32 warlock w/ Jelly if you need me, I'm a good DPS monkey

PSN Tick221

Namikaze1

We have four with Drizzay offering his sword skills unless someone else steps up to the plate so that he can do the run with his Warlock instead.

Arrrammis

1) namikaze1
2) greyblade
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'm in, fairly experienced with the sword, but I don't have a bladedancer hunter, so if we can get one of those it would work best.
PSN:Arrrammis

Namikaze1

I don't have Mask of the Third Man so I won't be able to regain health. It was one of many exotics that were dismantled in the great Exotic Purge.

I don't have Mask of the Third Man so I won't be able to regain health. It was one of many exotics that were dismantled in the great Exotic Purge.

I have like an hour. I'll join.

You already have me. KneelBeforeSaad

Sword is my usual role. Done it 6 times through with sword.

Jinjo

It was December! We hardly knew shit about hard mode! And they were taking up space!

I regret nothing!

I feel ya. I sharded so many exotics I was never going to level up again too after the whole exotic upgrade system became known. Mask of The Third Man barely made the cut with me too. Actually, purely by coincidence because it was up and I had glimmer to spare.

Thanks babyghost for the quick NFall!

Dear Universal Remote,

Unlike many, I was excited to finally meet you after so many weeks of your absence. But now you've shown up at my door two more times, on two consecutive days. It's starting to get creepy. Let's slow things down for now, ok? Thanks for understanding.

We have four with Drizzay offering his sword skills unless someone else steps up to the plate so that he can do the run with his Warlock instead.

Looks like Mindlog can slice and dice so I'll switch to my Warlock and join up.

So I thought about this a bit, and I realized that the way the stats play out in this game is entirely unnecessary. Basically, there is no reason for Int, Dsc, and Str to have such crazy high numbers.

Int, Dsc, and Str should all have a cap of 10, and gear should give you stats between 1-5 points.

I mean, that's basically what we have currently, except the numbers are inflated.

Of course, that begs the reason for why bother changing it, and I think what I'm getting at is simplification for modification.

Like, imagine an exotic armor that told you your max Int was now 12 instead of 10. You can easily comprehend this number. Plus, it would be a new type of armor perk, which would be cool. Because right now, no one would care if you were told your max INT is now 326 instead of 272. Because it all gets fed down into percentages anyway.

I dunno, doesn't really matter much, I just don't like the way those 3 stats are handled. Especially with how they scale through levels.

Deku Tree

I dismantled my helm saint 14 and other exotics too after I learned about the Destiny Upgrade system and I was lacking vault space

LSX-Ray

Neo Member
I dismantled my helm saint 14 and other exotics too after I learned about the Destiny Upgrade system and I was lacking vault space

You my friend definitely did wrong, now repent for your sins! Wait shit your in my raid group never mind keep doing what your doing Deku!

Did we fill up too fast w/ Nami's group? Too many people? Or is everything kosher?

Y'all are crazy. My vault/character storage space priorities are:

1.) 1 copy of every exotic weapon and armor
2.) duplicates of a few special exotic flowers
3.) 1 copy of each VoG weapon
4.) good legendaries

LiK

dismantling helms cuz of space? don't you guys switch helms around within the character menu? i have 4-5 helms with my characters at all times.

I've never had a problem with space for armour, only weapons. All exotics are on their respective characters. My vault is full of cloaks.

Attempt #61 Crota on kill 2. Ugh.
Nees to find a party where people know what they're doing.

1) communicate your bubbles. Even when you see someone use their bubble in crystal room, save your until theirs expires for more efficiency. Should only need that 1 if bastion is on.
2) put the bubble BEFORE the walls go down, not after.
3) give a few seconds for people to use supers on Knights for bubbles.

LiK

Attempt #61 Crota on kill 2. Ugh.
Nees to find a party where people know what they're doing.

1) communicate your bubbles. Even when you see someone use their bubble in crystal room, save your until theirs expires for more efficiency. Should only need that 1 if bastion is on.
2) put the bubble BEYORE the walls go down, not after.
3) give a few seconds for people to use supers on Knights for bubbles

are you playing with Gaffers?

and yea, i don't understand anyone who doesn't put bubbles up before barrier goes down.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

and yea, i don't understand anyone who doesn't put bubbles up before barrier goes down.

I never put a bubble up at all on that part. I'm not understanding why you would?

Some people/titans still don't know that Blessing of Light doesn't give health back. They see that it does for them, so they assume it works that way for everyone.

I never put a bubble up at all on that part. I'm not understanding why you would?

A Blessing of Light bubble is great before the windows pop, as it allows the entire party to do the beginning section without taking any damage at all. Plus generates orbs for supers.

milkham

so any damage you incidentally take is to the blessing shield and not your life, also if its a saint 14 it'll blind the knights if they rush you before the glass disappears

phen0m24

Never forget.
m2Q86n.gif

I'm 99.9% convinced Crux is just the same as Vex.

Empirical proof to the contrary:
Byron got one

Thanks babyghost for the quick NFall!

Dear Universal Remote,

Unlike many, I was excited to finally meet you after so many weeks of your absence. But now you've shown up at my door two more times, on two consecutive days. It's starting to get creepy. Let's slow things down for now, ok? Thanks for understanding.

Looks like Mindlog can slice and dice so I'll switch to my Warlock and join up.
nice! Think you're only missing the thunderlord ?
i have a good memory..

I dismantled my Saint 14 too and didn't buy it from Xur because I didn't like the way it looked. One of the biggest regrets of my life..

patchday

If he is playing with gaffers they won't need his bubble in crystal room. I know I didnt need to put one up last night with GAF

Granted, everyone apparently had ways to get health from orbs. I know when I put up my bubble I was the only one in it LOL

Top Bottom