• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Namikaze1

Well, I'm gonna go and max out my new Hunter helmet since it has Infusion which automatically makes it better than the one I have on.

I wouldn't even blame it on the Titan really. Everyone is going to push when they have blessing.

I hope it's the case that aggro management alone will keep the knights at bay. I don't like being forced to use Saint 14 at the beginning of that encounter. I prefer Glasshouse (higher int) and Ruin Wings (when I forget my Corrective Measure.) I've even started leveling Crest of Alpha Lupi for maximum orb production. Just need a Raid helm with good stats and perks.

This is all anecdotal from my Hard mode clears. It's very possible that not dropping the bubble forced us to play a more defensive playstyle that managed aggro properly. I've only been on one or two no Titan hard mode clears out of many more with.

Would probably be interested in an all-warlock no weapon Normal Mode clear.
Warlocks > Titans. Let's prove it.

Personally, I never use St-14 on Crota. Ruin Wings all the way. Still drop a bubble, and it still lasts as long as it needs to for the Crystal room. As long as you have the talent perk that makes bubbles last 45 seconds instead of 30.

Edit: Assuming the team is using the window/center strategy.

phen0m24

Are you not putting your Bubble in the back center of the crystal room? If not, I think we found the problem.

See this very crude mspaint:

xCSDneP.png

That's where we placed it/them.
We took turns.

Meh, it didn't matter though. If the Knights get frisky, we jump to higher ground

nice! Think you're only missing the thunderlord ?
i have a good memory..

You do have a good memory and you are correct sir!

Edit: I wish there was a highly prized secondary exotic that I had a lot of so I could take a screenshot... I do love IcyB but I think it's been disqualified by the recent Xur-sale.

Jinjo

Well, I'm gonna go and max out my new Hunter helmet since it has Infusion which automatically makes it better than the one I have on.

Got an Infusion raid helmet for my Titan. Even though it has a strength roll it's superawesome. Got enough Intellect and Discipline on my other pieces anyway. Ruin Wings and still have Infusion? Yes pls.

Sorry Lik. ;_;

If it makes anyone feel better, I only have 5 Ballerhorns.

Woah. Sorry, I wasn't sure wth you were talking about so I had already bailed out of the group, lol.

Lol Drizzay. #team3hawkmoons4ballarhorns right here too.

phen0m24

Thanks for the great run guys! Came out with an all strength helmet (my third, so it turned into shards) and a dragon's breath.

But really, you do have another chance at an exotic if you wait 5 minutes after killing crota. It pops up with a results screen, an gives it to some people. The two times where I convinced the host to wait it out, here's what it dropped for people: Dragons breath, No land Beyond, then in the second run it dropped gjallarhorn (for someone who already had 4...) And gave me the universal remote. If I find another group for my third Crota kill willing to wait it out, I'll try to remember to post the video.

That happened to me - I got a Last Word. BUT: all my primary slots were full - so it was a postmaster special. Assumed that was the reason why it showed on that screen.

Arrrammis

Anyone else need a fresh CE hard run? I really only care about the Crota fight drops, so if someone has that checkpoint it would work great.
PSN:Arrrammis

noomi

Running crota hard checkpoint @ 7PM EST. Will need 2 more

1. noomi85
2. nuszka
3. rubenov
4. suggins
5. Greyblade
6. Chrome_sitar

Edit

All full!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
New page
From here on out I'm going to be conducting signups for these solely through Google Forms. If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/5 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.
Get your spot for tomorrow and/or Sunday

Olli128

If anyone wants to add me my psn is silentscream128, currently level 28 hunter and just got the season pass so I'm still working out what I need to do to get better gear :)

Dazzler

If anyone wants to add me my psn is silentscream128, currently level 28 hunter and just got the season pass so I'm still working out what I need to do to get better gear :)

Grind out Vanguard marks and commendations to buy legendary gear. Get yourself to 30, then run Crota's End weekly until you get +36 light gear, maxing three of those and an exotic gets you to 32

The OT before Bloodborne releases better be call Destiny |OTXX|
OT Titles:
Out for Blood
Become Hunted
Where's everyone at?
Dancing with Wolves let's save that for House of Wolves
We still raiding over on Xbox!
No Gjallarhorns where we going!
Prepare to Die... Again
Live. Die. Repeat.
We are all Hunters
those who follow Bloodborne news will understand this

Meh, my next game is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, where's the OT related to that

ocean

Banned
Hey there! Watch out for specific activities you want to run, it's easier to team up that way than with an open "add me". So for instance, if you see someone post they have 1 spot open for a Nightfall, ask if they can take a 28 along with your PSN name and you'll probably be able to join :)

As for leveling up, I looked you up on Destinystatus and see you have legendary Gauntlets, Chest and Boots. You're almost set! Hope for an Exotic Helm from Xur or a NF drop. In the meantime, level up that armor asap to hit 30! I see its leveled but you haven't bought the upgrades. If you're short on Ascendant Shards, start running Vault of Glass. It's the best ass supply in the game :)

Once you hit 30 you can comfortably run Crota's End on Normal, there's no shortage of people posting signup for runs over here. Good luck!

Top Bottom