• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LiK

If he is playing with gaffers they won't need his bubble in crystal room. I know I didnt need to put one up last night with GAF

if he's playing HM, you will always want that no matter who you play with. don't have to worry about orb regen as much for Infusion afterwards.

To the contrary, bubbles aggro the knights into the room

doesn't matter, they've aggroed without bubble shields. i've played with a group with no Titans in HM before.

if he's playing HM, you will always want that no matter who you play with.

If he is playing with gaffers they won't need his bubble in crystal room. I know I didnt need to put one up last night with GAF

Granted, everyone apparently had ways to get health from orbs. I know when I put up my bubble I was the only one in it LOL

Yes, hard mode. Normal mode, the crystal room is silly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
you put it right before it goes down so noone gets hit. it's a standard tactic in HM to keep people from losing health in that room.

Ah, my normal raid group all have gear to generate health so it's not an issue. Makes sense!

I also find that hiding on the "other" side of the room (closest to crota) to really cut down on damage received on that part.

Born2Live

Attempt #61 Crota on kill 2. Ugh.
Nees to find a party where people know what they're doing.

1) communicate your bubbles. Even when you see someone use their bubble in crystal room, save your until theirs expires for more efficiency. Should only need that 1 if bastion is on.
2) put the bubble BEFORE the walls go down, not after.
3) give a few seconds for people to use supers on Knights for bubbles.

It was a terrible session if I'm honest, didn't seem to be any cohesion in the group. I think we made it to the Ogres 3 times in 2 hours plus if play.

Thanks babyghost for the quick NFall!

Dear Universal Remote,

Unlike many, I was excited to finally meet you after so many weeks of your absence. But now you've shown up at my door two more times, on two consecutive days. It's starting to get creepy. Let's slow things down for now, ok? Thanks for understanding.

Looks like Mindlog can slice and dice so I'll switch to my Warlock and join up.

WHOA WHOA... I am Captain Universal Remote, how dare you sir!

Lnkn52

Granted, everyone apparently had ways to get health from orbs. I know when I put up my bubble I was the only one in it LOL
Well last night, that one time that bubble went up we ran to it like it was crack.

Mindlog

Do you still need a Crota clear?
I haven't cleared this week, but not in a rush. I have all hard mode drops except a Titan helm with healing.
I don't have the ship or sparrow, but probably wouldn't use either anyway.
are you playing with Gaffers?

and yea, i don't understand anyone who doesn't put bubbles up before barrier goes down.
I'm 90% sure the Bubble screws with Knight pathing in such a way that it dramatically increases the odds of them coming in through the glass. In the 0 Titan clear we did the Knights never walked in on us.

I haven't cleared this week, but not in a rush. I have everything I want except a Titan helm with healing.

I'm 90% sure the Bubble screws with Knight pathing in such a way that it dramatically increases the odds of them coming in through the glass. In the 0 Titan clear we did the Knights never walked in on us.

As a Titan who has dropped a bubble in that room every week since Hard Mode has been released, I'm telling you. It's not a factor. You were probably just playing with people who pushed to far outward and/or didn't know when to back up.

Edit: Possibly Titans because they assume since they have an overshield they can push further than they should.

phen0m24

As a Titan who has dropped a bubble in that room every week since Hard Mode has been released, I'm telling you. It's not a factor. You were probably just playing with people who pushed to far outward and/or didn't know when to back up.

Edit: Possibly Titans because they assume since they have an overshield they can push further than they should.

I don't know Kor, I always move laterally

If the crystal is the X and bubble is the O and I only move left:

OX
They come in anyway
(Defender Titan)

Born2Live

I haven't cleared this week, but not in a rush. I have all hard mode drops except a Titan helm with healing.

If you want to try a quick clear I've got Crota Cp. If not no worries. Like yourself I'm in no rush.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My two teams, OMG Cosmos killed himself and Forrest through the woods doesn't need bubbles at the beginning. If there are more than one Titans, that's okay but at least one Titan must reserve bubbles for knight duty.

GG everyone on another fast Scrota-ing. Always nice to hear lively mics :p ... unlike...

Attempt #61 Crota on kill 2. Ugh.
Nees to find a party where people know what they're doing.

1.) COMMUNICATE!

It's the only thing that really matters in PvE or PvP. It's tough sometimes because different people can't/won't use mics for completely valid and understandable reasons. But try to send PSN messages, or watch YouTube videos or something to make sure it doesn't pull down the whole group.

As long as you can hear voice comms, using a mic shouldn't be an issue. I've done everything in this game, HM VoG, HM Scrota, flawless runs, etc. with people who don't use mics but they do listen and respond accordingly to the people giving instructions.

Also, I believe Drizzay walked out with a Hawkmoon. I know Hawkmoon dropped for someone.

... and now I have to check my post master...

I don't know Kor, I always move laterally

If the crystal is the X and bubble is the O and I only move left:

OX
They come in anyway
(Defender Titan)

Are you not putting your Bubble in the back center of the crystal room? If not, I think we found the problem.

See this very crude mspaint:

xCSDneP.png

Mindlog

I wouldn't even blame it on the Titan really. Everyone is going to push when they have blessing.

I hope it's the case that aggro management alone will keep the knights at bay. I don't like being forced to use Saint 14 at the beginning of that encounter. I prefer Glasshouse (higher int) and Ruin Wings (when I forget my Corrective Measure.) I've even started leveling Crest of Alpha Lupi for maximum orb production. Just need a Raid helm with good stats and perks.

This is all anecdotal from my Hard mode clears. It's very possible that not dropping the bubble forced us to play a more defensive playstyle that managed aggro properly. I've only been on one or two no Titan hard mode clears out of many more with.

Would probably be interested in an all-warlock no weapon Normal Mode clear.
Warlocks > Titans. Let's prove it.

Arrrammis

Thanks for the great run guys! Came out with an all strength helmet (my third, so it turned into shards) and a dragon's breath.

But really, you do have another chance at an exotic if you wait 5 minutes after killing crota. It pops up with a results screen, an gives it to some people. The two times where I convinced the host to wait it out, here's what it dropped for people: Dragons breath, No land Beyond, then in the second run it dropped gjallarhorn (for someone who already had 4...) And gave me the universal remote. If I find another group for my third Crota kill willing to wait it out, I'll try to remember to post the video.

who got Hawkmoon this time?

edit: dammit Drizz

Sorry Lik. ;_;

If it makes anyone feel better, I only have 5 Ballerhorns.

But really, you do have another chance at an exotic if you wait 5 minutes after killing crota. It pops up with a results screen, an gives it to some people. .

Woah. Sorry, I wasn't sure wth you were talking about so I had already bailed out of the group, lol.

Top Bottom