• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

rNilla

tZOS8.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From here on out I'm going to be conducting signups for these solely through Google Forms. If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/5 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/8 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Lima

Best hard raid so far. 25 minutes from start to finish without a single death and the 6th from our regular group finally got Gjallarhorn from Deathsinger. Impressive shit. Always an honor to play with these guys.

Deku Tree

I just realized any Hunter can solo the lamps on HM and it doesn't even look hard once you learn how to do it and you don't even need Don't touch me's.

It seem like you just run fast and constantly use crouch to invis at each lamp, and at the end you don't even need to kill ogre's... you just run around and hide behind rocks and Crouch to invis whenever you can...

Does anyone know where I can find a good youtube video of this strategy?

ich00

Just did Vault of Glass for the first time... holy crap.

I'm only level 25 (26 now) and it was ridiculous. We had one level 31 guy who has done it a bunch of times... thank god. I'd have no idea what to do or where to go. It was so much better/longer/different than a strike.

I got my first piece of legendary gear from a chest, too... I really feel like i'm going to play this game forever. So awesome right now and I'm about 40+ hours in. I haven't even finished the story yet.

Feel Free to add me on PS4 (assuming that what your playing on), I'd be more than happy to help with anything

GG to everyone on that quick HM Scrota kill. Was that #TeamFirstTry? I think so after we made sure I was host.

Am the only one who legit likes rumble? .

Yes. Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

But seriously: I can't do any version of PvP with rando's. Like you said, team based modes are terrible because rando's are stupid and just trying to do bounties. But rumble is too boring to me, I can't do the "run around, kill things" PvP mode anymore, I need objectives and team based collaborations.

IHaveIce

Banned
Newbie raid open for all except who is not a Sony drone

:(

I still would love a VoG run with one leader and many newcomers

Jinjo

It was actually a pretty insane Crota roll. Got Crux, Suros & raid helmet + 5 shards. Best Crota roll ever.

Thanks to Boguester/Drizzay for doing it first try after I tried having a go at it for a good half an hour. Clearly I lack the necessary Ninja skills.

E92 M3

It was actually a pretty insane Crota roll. Got Crux, Suros & raid helmet + 5 shards. Best Crota roll ever.

Thanks to Boguester/Drizzay for doing it first try after I tried having a go at it for a good half an hour. Clearly I lack the necessary Ninja skills.

Damn son

I just realized any Hunter can solo the lamps on HM and it doesn't even look hard once you learn how to do it and you don't even need Don't touch me's.

It seem like you just run fast and constantly use crouch to invis at each lamp, and at the end you don't even need to kill ogre's... you just run around and hide behind rocks and Crouch to invis whenever you can...

You pretty just said the strategy.

The only "trick" is at the end.

Stand at the last lamp until your weight is at 0. Then charge at the fins that stickup near the start of the bridge. Not the rocks, the fins. Jump on those. Crouch the entire time to prevent ogres from agro-ing you. When you know they're too close, pop your super and go invis. Hit R2 to refresh invis right before super runs out. Bridge should become solid around this point in time.

Titans can do it to, though they get to skip the beginning.

Edit: Note that Hunters and crouch stealth while they are already stealth from the exotic gloves. This helps keep thralls from catching up to you.

Lima

Talking about best rolls ever Vex, Gjallarhorn, VoC, 3 shards and sparrow was my best. Atheon was very kind that day. Not that I still needed any of those weapons.

Acorn

GG to everyone on that quick HM Scrota kill. Was that #TeamFirstTry? I think so after we made sure I was host.

Yes. Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

But seriously: I can't do any version of PvP with rando's. Like you said, team based modes are terrible because rando's are stupid and just trying to do bounties. But rumble is too boring to me, I can't do the "run around, kill things" PvP mode anymore, I need objectives and team based collaborations.
Are you drizzay? Boss work on the sword

Jinjo

It was #teamfirsttry after you joined and I decided not to be stubborn and let you carry sword yeah lol.

We had been going at it for about half an hour before. Nobody had any hard sword running skills, seeing as I was the only one with a few normal sword duties under my belt I decided to have a go at it. But it wasn't really working. Giving swordbearer host is really important though.

Bladelaw

I made a no commentary video doing exactly this with Patience and Time to help in the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hyq8T7dekk

I got Abyss Defiant right before the reset and now I feel myself slowing down on Destiny. The only thing I really want from the hard Raid is the Crux mostly for the off-chance that they buff Nechrochasm. I did start a Hunter just recently so that will probably keep me coming back for a while though.

Any idea yet on when Trials of Osiris is supposed to drop?

Edit: Stop looking at me like that, Drizzay.

Wendy+s+dosen+t+serve+no+god+damn+blt+sandwiches+get+_b9e8380b54ff6c6a70c67a8cc2eb5273.jpg

Nonsense post about using triple exotics weapon loadout? .... I'll let it slide.

Weirdly everyone I saw get Crux this week (myself included) also got another exotic weapon with it. Only a sample size of 4, maybe 5 people, but still kinda weird.

You've got the skills Jinjo, just make sure to abuse the shit out of that Hunter invis. Super invis to get sword, then crouch invis on rock if the sword fell too far from Scrota and super invis might run out, then blink strike invis for 2nd shield break.

Are you drizzay? Boss work on the sword

haha yes, I am Drizzay. Maybe I should just change my gaf name since obviously I can't change my PSN name....

Jinjo

I can gladly announce I am officially done with hard mode though. I got the last gun I needed (Defiant) and the Crux, which I didn't really care for in the first place (#forevernohusk). Just need some shards and a few energies and I can retire even from normal CE.

Enjoy Destiny retirement for a while lol.

RetroMG

Hey, Destiny keeps telling me that I'm not signed into PSN. I've heard there have been issues - any fix? Just keep trying?

EDIT: Never mind, I kept trying and it let me in.

Congrats! Wish I could have been there :(

Lnkn52

I can gladly announce I am officially done with hard mode though. I got the last gun I needed (Defiant) and the Crux, which I didn't really care for in the first place (#forevernohusk). Just need some shards and a few energies and I can retire even from normal CE.

Enjoy Destiny retirement for a while lol.

Your pension doesn't start kicking in till Destiny 2.

LSX-Ray

Neo Member
Hey, Destiny keeps telling me that I'm not signed into PSN. I've heard there have been issues - any fix? Just keep trying?

EDIT: Never mind, I kept trying and it let me in.

yeah whenever it happens to me i just shut down my system and try again then it connects.

Do I have to be 32 to attempt CE HM?

It's just like Vault of Glass. You want as many max levels as you can get, but a single, maybe even two people that are a level below max could be done. It just requires a good set of skills between players.

Edit: Titans and Hunters can solo the first part of Hard Mode.

Two people can Duo the Bridge (second) encounter of the raid.

Jinjo

You've got the skills Jinjo, just make sure to abuse the shit out of that Hunter invis. Super invis to get sword, then crouch invis on rock if the sword fell too far from Scrota and super invis might run out, then blink strike invis for 2nd shield break.

Haha thanks, yeah pretty sure I got the timing down. Just gotta make sure not to get to antsy/run in to early or get greedy with an extra hit. Would love to use my Hunter but it's not 32 yet. Quickest way there is to upgrade and use my Radiant Dance Machines. Yeah... lol. Just got the raid boots on that character last week so I still gotta level that up.

Bladelaw

Add commentary :p

I'll give it a shot when I have some time. I was playing around with ShareFactory and just wanted to make sure the run was saved. I've been able to reproduce the results though so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

The biggest catch is at the end knowing when to crouch vs when P&T's invis wears off. It's one thing to know the numbers but another to "feel" it about to wear off while dozens of thralls are breathing down your neck.

It was so bad a couple times I got Sparta'd off the edge while invisible.

IHaveIce

Banned
I do wish I could offer raids to those on systems other than my own :<

You do more than enough.
I kind of blame myself, I underestimated the advertising with Sony/Destiny and thought it wouldn't impact it as much here in Europe as it had
I have both systems and chose the one where almost no one from here plays the game on it .

Not too big on Handcannons but the Hawkmoon is so divine. The hype is real. It's too bad you can't use the Horn and it at the same time.

Never forget.
m2Q86n.gif

Was it your first clear or did you run Normal prior? I'm still searching for truth.

I'm 99.9% convinced Crux is just the same as Vex. A random chance drop from the HM final boss, no other conditions. The only caveat might be that the CE "fun drops" loot system applies so that your odds of getting Crux increase with each week's clear of no Crux. But it might just be general loot drop improvement, so you are more likely to get a helmet or something.

It's not related to how many total HM Scrota clears you do because I do all my Scrota-help kills on my Hunter but my Titan got the Crux.

Namikaze1

Crota's End Hard mode (Crota checkpoint)

1) namikaze1
2) greyblade
3)
4)
5)
6)

I need to do this quick cause I am having company over soon.

Also, we need experienced Swordbearers.

Lima

Oh and today was also the day we tried the what I like to call 2 Hunters 1 Sword tactic that I thought about. Getting the third shield break for triple down is easy. The tricky part is the timing to go up for the third down and then not getting noticed by boomers. So what we did was two hunters (we always have enough of them anyway) go down and do their work on sword bearer. Make sure to go in the right ogre room so that the sword bearer dies close to the rocks to get maximum time with the sword.

Now the first hunter uses super to get invis and grab the sword. Drop Crota and do your hits. Blink strike as normal for second down and do your hits. Here comes he fun part. While Crota is down the second time Hunter 2 crouches on the rock to get invis. He then goes up and high fives the other hunter who is now running away. Take over the sword and go ham on the third down. He was one hit away from enrage doing this.

Top Bottom