• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

noomi

Heading home for lunch in about an hour going to try and knock 1 nightfall out. Hope that 25min is enough to get 'errr done.

I don't know if I can be bothered to put myself through the nightfall for a minuscule chance at a Hawkmoon...

On another note, is it safe to update my ps4 without bricking it?

Future

The fact that nechrocasm and no land beyond can be so universally shitty without even a word of mention of wanting to fix it amazes me. Considering they are premier DLC guns and all, one being a real hassle to get (rely on RNG twice, AND have a grind associated)

void666

Banned
This got to be a new record for a failed nightfall attempt. It took me like 5 seconds.
Went upstairs, shot 2 fallen, captain out of nowhere one shot me.

I'm soooo tired. That last run took everything out of me. Running on 1.5 hours of sleep and being at work like a zombie. Feels like college all over again.

All 6 Crota kills (normal + hard) including 1 Full run of each, 6x gorgon chest, I got 0 exotics. Meanwhile Hawkmoon dropped about 3-4 times in our CE runs.

Edit: nevermind, it's light in the Abyss. Looks the same to me -_-

Tawpgun

VoG Normal gatekeeper

Really? Not exclusion zone?

There's a destiny thread in gaming side that made me realize something.

It was super disappointing with how much teamwork is emphasized in destiny that it lacks so many social features.

However its because of those lack of social features that I had to turn to destinylfg and my friends list to fill up spaces for Nightfalls and Raids. Ironically, the lack of social features has forced me to meet up with communicating strangers and make new friends in a way I haven't been able to do online since Party Chat came out on Xbox 360.

Really? Not exclusion zone?

Have you got a link to a guide please?

Sorry I'm not sure if there's a guide but here's what you do:

You need at least 3 people to make it fairly efficient and the more the better. Be the offensive Subclass to super off of each other.

1) Pop a Blue Polyphage
2) Move as one big group, so everyone gets credit for the kill, in a clockwise circle starting from where you enter the final room.
3) Kill all the hobgoblins. Don't worry about the weak ones where Atheon spawns and don't kill the gatekeeper, they don't give any glimmer. Occasionally a couple hard ones will telephone there and you kill them.
4)Once you make it to the Venus/right side portal switch area and kill the 4 there, you wipe in the island Abyss.
5) profit.

You should get 592 glimmer per round, 16 total * 37 glimmer.

Also, you can equip gear that you need to level up. Very good for that.

Shito

wow. at the end of a crucible match when the RNG is crunching up the rewards, is it using the full loot table? In other words is there a shot at everything (barring the raid loot) after every crucible game?
Yep.
Don't ever count on it, though, only happens once in a blue moon (and usually *not* for you). ^^

I don't know if I can be bothered to put myself through the nightfall for a minuscule chance at a Hawkmoon...

On another note, is it safe to update my ps4 without bricking it?

I got a Dragon Breath and 14 Energy. Do it for the Vine.

Update seems OK, but I had to disconnect from the Internet in the settings in order to get it download in the first place.

wow. at the end of a crucible match when the RNG is crunching up the rewards, is it using the full loot table? In other words is there a shot at everything (barring the raid loot) after every crucible game?

Seems that way. Obviously certain stuff is weighted more though.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Sorry I'm not sure if there's a guide but here's what you do:

You need at least 3 people to make it fairly efficient and the more the better. Be the offensive Subclass to super off of each other.

1) Pop a Blue Polyphage
2) Move as one big group, so everyone gets credit for the kill, in a clockwise circle starting from where you enter the final room.
3) Kill all the hobgoblins. Don't worry about the weak ones where Atheon spawns and don't kill the gatekeeper, they don't give any glimmer. Occasionally a couple hard ones will telephone there and you kill them.
4)Once you make it to the Venus/right side portal switch area and kill the 4 there, you wipe in the island Abyss.
5) profit.

You should get 592 glimmer per round, 16 total + 37 glimmer.

Also, you can equip gear that you need to level up. Very good for that.

Cheers dude, much appreciated.

patchday

Man, I am slightly tempted to make a Warlock this week and delete one of my 2 titans. This way I'll have 1 of each class and I could probably be L20 before the weekend. And then I'd hit up IB and earn those 2 Light 36+ pieces. So I'd have 3 Light 36 pieces (including the exotic helment I already bought my future warlock) that doesnt need radiant shards.

Problem is I really enjoy having my two titans. And I'm not looking forward to playing this game all those hours. Think I'd rather play Evolve a bit more... Not to mention I might get The Order

Sorry Bungie; not sure if I'll fall for your carrot this time. The last Iron Banner I participated in really burned me out.

I think getting rank 4 took me 8-10 hours last time. Granted, sometimes I went afk if I got dropped into a match where team was behind like 6k or something. But that was still boring and a hassle.

Man, I am slightly tempted to make a Warlock this week and delete one of my 2 titans. This way I'll have 1 of each class and I could probably be L20 before the weekend. And then I'd hit up IB and earn those 2 Light 36+ pieces. So I'd have 3 Light 36 pieces (including the exotic helment I already bought my future warlock) that doesnt need radiant shards.

Problem is I really enjoy having my two titans. And I'm not looking forward to playing this game all those hours. Think I'd rather play Evolve a bit more... Not to mention I might get The Order

Sorry Bungie; not sure if I'll fall for your carrot this time. The last Iron Banner I participated in really burned me out.

I say do it. Having all 3 classes is fun, only pain is having to wait a few more weeks than everyone else to get to the next level when am expansion comes out.

Namikaze1

Sorry. No Iron Banner for me this time around. Nothing interests me and what I wanted I already got (the spear)

I may do some this weekend. "May" being the keyword here. But for now, I have no interest in IB.

Top Bottom