• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Well damn I didn't know about felwinters lie. Wish I bought it. Guess is have to get to rank 4. What rank does rng start dropping the weapons, 3?

> Wakes up
> Check reddit for nightfall
> Omnigul
> "fuuuuuuuuckkkkkk not again"
> Looks to see what the burn is
> "WHERES THE BURN"
> No burn

I GUESS IM NOT DOING THE NIGHTFALL THIS WEEK

ocean

Banned
Old post I made, in case anyone is wondering how long it'll take to grind Level 5 IB on the last day.

With 150% buff from Tempered and 10% each from emblem, shader and class item you get a total 200% boost (1.5*1.1*1.1*1.1=1.9965).

If the base rep per victory is 50 that means you'll get 150 rep per match if you start off with all the items.

From zero to rank 5 you need 8,500 rep. All 6 bounties give 300 rep (100 base + 200% buff) so you have 1,800 in bounties. That leaves 6,700 rep.

Dividing by 150 per match, that means you need 45 victories. Assuming 9 minutes per match, you'd need almost 7 hours of consecutive wins.

Since you will lose some matches, there's non-trivial loading between matches, and you may not manage to get all the bounties (some are tricky), 8 hours is not a bad estimate. Moreover, if you don't have any IB items you'll need to wait until rank 2 for the emblem, 3 for the shader and 4 for the class item, slowing down progress significantly.

Let me know if I missed anything!

rNilla

Old post I made, in case anyone is wondering how long it'll take to grind Level 5 IB on the last day.

With 150% buff from Tempered and 10% each from emblem, shader and class item you get a total 200% boost (1.5*1.1*1.1*1.1=1.9965).

If the base rep per victory is 50 that means you'll get 150 rep per match if you start off with all the items.

From zero to rank 5 you need 8,500 rep. All 6 bounties give 300 rep (100 base + 200% buff) so you have 1,800 in bounties. That leaves 6,700 rep.

Dividing by 150 per match, that means you need 45 victories. Assuming 9 minutes per match, you'd need almost 7 hours of consecutive wins.

Since you will lose some matches, there's non-trivial loading between matches, and you may not manage to get all the bounties (some are tricky), 8 hours is not a bad estimate. Moreover, if you don't have any IB items you'll need to wait until rank 2 for the emblem, 3 for the shader and 4 for the class item, slowing down progress significantly.

Please, stop! You're making Iron Banner sound irresistible!

Probably intentionally skipping the nightfall for the first time ever this week.

Omnigul + no burn?

I'm too old for this shit. I play games to have fun.

Bradach

I was just looking at Timurs Lash, thinking how I might like that and wondering how hard could be be to get that anyway... Your post was the slap in the face I needed

Shito

I was just looking at Timurs Lash, thinking how I might like that and wondering how hard could be be to get that anyway... Your post was the slap in the face I needed
Only did the second IB, to get the scout rifle.
I'm not a great PVP player, and I couldn't do all the bounties each day. Averaged something like 2 hours a day, starting from scratch (no emblem no nothing) on Tuesday, buying the buff each day. Got to level 5 sometimes during Saturday, so 8~10 hours total is a good estimate.

joecanada

yeah sounds about right, it took me about 9 hours from scratch... no emblems or shaders. last time. didn't start till sunday and it was worth waiting if you have some time on sunday, monday goes soo much faster unless you love pvp ....but there are some easy bounties you can do each day.

All I have left for this week is 3x nightfall/weekly. Feels good.

Iron Banner will also be purely fun since I won't expect a Spear drop and I grabbed the Scout already.

Tapiozona

Banned
So is the Scout from IB the best scout in the game now? I bought it last night at reset and holy crap, it's basically a Fatebringer replacement at 331.

patchday

Probably intentionally skipping the nightfall for the first time ever this week.

Omnigul + no burn?

I'm too old for this shit. I play games to have fun.

Yeah... It took almost an hour. It was great getting another ghorn. But yeah, I felt like I was in an old school Korean MMO grinder. I dont think I'll be doing NF on rest of my characters

So is the Scout from IB the best scout in the game now? I bought it last night at reset and holy crap, it's basically a Fatebringer replacement at 331.

If you have the motes to spare, you can even get the same perks (firefly/outlaw) + field scout for a ridiculous roll.

EDIT: What everyone replied me with. Don't reroll it! You can't get field scout in this version. Unless there are other perks you really want that's possible to roll.

patchday

Yeah I don't want to have to do that again. just too much even for someone that likes Crucible like myself.

But I will go in there to earn some easy bounties. just not grinding ranks anymore

Homeboyd

Except, of course, for one major flaw

If you have the motes to spare, you can even get the same perks (firefly/outlaw) + field scout for a ridiculous roll.
Apparently it can't roll field scout for some reason:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2w6my2/sga_gheleons_demise_cannot_roll_field_scout/

hydruxo

A legendary engram dropped when I was doing the Nightfall. It turned into my third Gjallerhorn.

HJQipnr.jpg

Fuck this game, I just want my first gjallarhorn

hydruxo

I'm sorry hydro!

It dropped during our first attempt when we died. It's the first time I've ever had a legendary engram turn into an exotic too.

Haha it's all good, congrats dude. The game is seriously just trolling me at this point. First NF I got my 4th Ice Breaker....while using an Ice Breaker. Somebody else got a Gjalla. Then the second one I do you get one from an engram lol.

Looking to run CE HM in an hour. Crota CP preferred, but can do a whole run.

If you want in, just add yourself to the list. We already have a good swordbearer.

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson90

phen0m24

I'm really bad at IB PvP. Thank you guys for having me though. Regular Control suits me just fine.
I suck slightly less at that.

nowai

wow. at the end of a crucible match when the RNG is crunching up the rewards, is it using the full loot table? In other words is there a shot at everything (barring the raid loot) after every crucible game?

I don't think I've ever seen exotic armor drop post crucible match. Only exotic guns.

Top Bottom