• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

This is why I laugh whenever someone says "Just jump away/ All you have to do is not panic and keep firing" when talking about countering Bladedancers lol. If they have Blink and the perk that regens health after a kill, there's nothing you can do but pray they don't see you.

Yup, I has driveclub and I currently I suck at it :p

It is pretty difficult but you will get better at it. The AI is really good.

@Silver, get the game, it's incredible.

I'm firing mine up this weekend.

Ooo! I actually bought it at release and never even opened it haha, it's sitting with the plastic wrap still on. Was waiting for the updates to roll out and then just forgot about it. No idea how it is with multiplayer or clubs and all that, but if you guys are playing I will gladly come along and join in on the fun :D

I'd like to join this group!

That's it. We ARE SO making a DGAF club in Driveclub!

Edit: HA! We don't even have to change the name! DGAF works just fine!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol...maybe I should. I just don't want to take the kill from someone who is really learning the encounter. I just want a solid team that will do consistent damage and get it under my belt.
Sword School really isn't for people learning the encounter. It's for people who know the encounter well, but want stress-free practice on the sword. Honestly I really count on people that sign-up for it having a solid baseline knowledge of the full encounter, preferably on Hard (even though we use Normal), because I'm not at all focused on "coordinating the kill" as I would be when running a normal raid, I'm totally focused on observing/giving tips on all the slice-n-dice.

patchday

At least we can have Destiny threads without constant bashing. The Order is the current target lol.

I REALLY hope Bloodborne turns out okay. They are trying to make it very mainstream with all of this coverage. Hopefully the game isn't diluted.

I am very hopeful. The Souls series is one of the few "untainted" franchises out there.

Sucks we have to wait so long still!!! Oh well, still got Destiny and other games to fill the void.

Sword School really isn't for people learning the encounter. It's for people who know the encounter well, but want stress-free practice on the sword. Honestly I really count on people that sign-up for it having a solid baseline knowledge of the full encounter, preferably on Hard (even though we use Normal), because I'm not at all focused on "coordinating the kill" as I would be when running a normal raid, I'm totally focused on observing/giving tips on all the slice-n-dice.

I really need to sign up for Sword school. I'm terrified to use it during Crota (never even tried and I'm 32)! One mistake can be a wipe!

exYle

When I level up my Hunter I think I'll have to come back to class for another go

noomi

So I've ran the nexus strike easily over 100 times. For the first time ever I noticed that there is a golden chest in the first enemy area.... what the hell lol. Gave me like 200 glimmer and blue gloves.

In the last two night I have received, my first thunderlord from a VoG, my first Gjallahorn from a nightfall, my third Suros regime and third Mida Multi tool from one crotas end raid.

I think that's all my RNG luck for a couple of months.

Lol...maybe I should. I just don't want to take the kill from someone who is really learning the encounter. I just want a solid team that will do consistent damage and get it under my belt.

There's something seriously wrong with your team if they can't get consistent normal mode shield breaks. You can very easily take normal Scrota shield down with scouts. Just be sure to have your invis active when you hop up there then pan the camera up to watch when his shield actually breaks, then start chopping. Don't have to time your approach precisely at all in that case (assuming you are using Hunter). Or just make sure one person is always firing primary to maintain DPS in case the other teammates rockets are out of sync.

Or utilize the classic "dick punch" method demonstrated here by Team Fun Run:

y7EdgP.gif

Apologies if I'm posting too much stuff to make the page load slowly. I never use mobile so I dunno if it messes things up. Last one for now, I promise.

While trimming my latest gameplay recordings, I realized I've got loads of clips which I haven't posted yet. Might do so later today, I just need to convert them to GIFs.

Dooo it... more gifs! more gifs!

Ridwald

So I've ran the nexus strike easily over 100 times. For the first time ever I noticed that there is a golden chest in the first enemy area.... what the hell lol. Gave me like 200 glimmer and blue gloves.

Did you take the golden chest in Phogot's room ? ^^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sign-ups! First come first serve. Newbie Raid this week is Vault of Glass.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/19 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/22 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Gordon

This is why I laugh whenever someone says "Just jump away/ All you have to do is not panic and keep firing" when talking about countering Bladedancers lol. If they have Blink and the perk that regens health after a kill, there's nothing you can do but pray they don't see you.
I like to stand near a bottomless pit/map edge when I see a blade dancer. Saint-14 bubbles help too of course, but even without them the BD lock-on is so strong they almost can't help but launch themselves to their deaths.

In that case, I'll keep an eye on my schedule and see if I can make it. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

There's something seriously wrong with your team if they can't get consistent normal mode shield breaks. You can very easily take normal Scrota shield down with scouts. Just be sure to have your invis active when you hop up there then pan the camera up to watch when his shield actually breaks, then start chopping. Don't have to time your approach precisely at all in that case (assuming you are using Hunter). Or just make sure one person is always firing primary to maintain DPS in case the other teammates rockets are out of sync.

Or utilize the classic "dick punch" method demonstrated here by Team Fun Run:

/http://share.gifyoutube.com/y7EdgP.gif/

Apologies if I'm posting too much stuff to make the page load slowly. I never use mobile so I dunno if it messes things up. Last one for now, I promise.

Dooo it... more gifs! more gifs!

Yeah, about that...I was on my Titan. But that's good info if I decide to REALLY learn the sword.

edit: lol...just "saw it" in that gif. He actually went down on his knee from dick punches.

Dave_6

Well due to the middling reviews, I just cancelled my preorder for the Order. Gonna wait till it's around $30 or so. That means tomorrow night I will be playing this instead, and I still need to do two more NFs (as annoying as this weeks is).

Sorry I didn't join up for the HM CE last night Hawkian! I didn't feel too hot so I watched Birdman instead of logging on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
patchday said:
I really need to sign up for Sword school. I'm terrified to use it during Crota (never even tried and I'm 32)! One mistake can be a wipe!
It can be very stressful (my first Hard kill, my hands were seriously shaking for minutes afterward), and it sucks how sometimes, without having any control over events, a run will go from perfectly on-point to suddenly over in .8 seconds... but it's possibly my favorite individual thing to do in the game, just feels very satisfying and it doesn't hurt that my favorite class is perfect for it. I strongly suggest anyone who is interested to not be afraid to try it out.
Yeah, about that...I was on my Titan. But that's good info if I decide to REALLY learn the sword.
IMO, Titan equivalent is "float straight up from the rock and slowly cruise toward Crota while watching his shield bar"

Is there an echo in here? Fast edits too slow for the ol' B-ster :) Maybe just a sign to gtfo of Gaf for now... I'll keep an eye out for IB teams later.

There are definitely some foolish BDs that get too locked in on slicing right at their target and you can either kill them or tie with a melee at the end, but it's pretty easy to use blink for disorientation. Even with P-Inf or heavy, you need the BD to screw up a little. Terrible aiming here by me but still able to tie because BD just slid towards me instead of being evasive:

m8En1R.gif

One mistake can be a wipe!

True for hard mode, but normal mode requires about 12,000 consecutive mistakes before actually causing a wipe as a Lv32. Don't fear the Scrota.

Ooo! I actually bought it at release and never even opened it haha, it's sitting with the plastic wrap still on. Was waiting for the updates to roll out and then just forgot about it. No idea how it is with multiplayer or clubs and all that, but if you guys are playing I will gladly come along and join in on the fun :D
The Japan tracks look freaking gorgeous. Can't wait to play them.

patchday

Sunday - 2/22 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

PSN: sandboxgod (I am already on your Friend's list although we still have yet to play together!)

L32 Hunter, I need to get schooled!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PSN: sandboxgod (I am already on your Friend's list although we still have yet to play together!)

L32 Hunter, I need to get schooled!
Haha, I mean, if you're sure you can make it just actually sign up and reserve the slot (click the thingee :))

stb

Anyone doing just one HM abyss, bridge, and Crota kill, either tonight or this weekend?

I'm a 31 and have all the armor pieces to hit 32, but haven't done any HM except for one HM Crota kill. I need shards, and don't have any of the raid primaries.

I have no shame; I'm perfectly happy to sit quietly at the entrance while someone solos abyss and bridge, and do bubble/boomer duty on Crota. I just want the shards and drops.

RdN

I can't play since last night.. Connect to servers, ten minutes and then I get kicked by the Caterpillar error.

Everything was fine before, nothing changed in my home network.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Anyone doing just one HM abyss, bridge, and Crota kill, either tonight or this weekend?

I'm a 31 and have all the armor pieces to hit 32, but haven't done any HM except for one HM Crota kill. I need shards, and don't have any of the raid primaries.

I have no shame; I'm perfectly happy to sit quietly at the entrance while someone solos abyss and bridge, and do bubble/boomer duty on Crota. I just want the shards and drops.

I need to do hm Abyss and Bridge with my hunter, done everything else.

Well, I don't NEED to but no harm in having a few extra radiant mats. :p

If there are 4 more we can get a team going, I can solo the Abyss with hunter but it's more fun with a team.

haha I certainly understand the balance issues, both Hunter supers are tailor-made for PvP. Personally I love playing as BDancer, my favorite overall PvP subclass, so fun. Picture from our epic BWatch comeback yesterday, this was the largest deficit (~7.3k) before we turned the tide.

Yup, I love how the only two supers that get called out as a warning during PvP are both belong to Hunters. You say BDancer/Gunslinger at B and people just drop everything and bolt from there.

Yup, I love how the only two supers that get called out as a warning during PvP are both belong to Hunters. You say BDancer/Gunslinger at B and people just drop everything and bolt from there.

That's not true, any lasting super gets called out.

Hey, a titan dropped a bubble on A
Warlock popped his Radiance at C
Golden Gun at B
Bladedancer at A

No point in really announcing a Fist of Havoc or Novabomb, as they're over by the time you've announced them. Though, I still announce them just so we get an idea of what supers have been used by the other team.

Do you - or anyone else reading this - happen to know a good Mac app to make GIFs from videos? The one I've been using, GIF Brewery, crashes all the time. Wouldn't mind a web-based tool either.

I just upload videos from PS4 to YouTube and then use basic websites like gifyoutube.com or gifycat.com. Very limited but also very quick and easy to use, not sure what to recommend if you wanted something fancier. I don't mind low-res image quality for stuff like this just to keep file size/page loading time down.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Deathsinger is my new best friend. Since CE's release, she's given me the following exotics:

Red Death (first one ever)
Universal Remote (first one ever)
No Land Beyond (meh lol)
Truth
Thunderlord (3rd one)

Pretty lucky. I just need her to drop me Hard Light. And Crota drop Crux.

Of course, during the Crota kill someone else got Hard Light and another got Crux. Me want Hard Light :(

Sit back and let me tell you the story of pmpn drop bear and the hard light... While doing a nightfall on Wednesday I remarked to my friend how the only two exotics I needed were the hard light and the red death. Lo and behold at the end of that very nightfall she gets the hard light. :/ I then go and find a gorgon checkpoint and begin sharing it. Another friend joins and gets the hard light. He leaves and changes to his second character, and I swear on my mothers life, his second character ALSO gets a hard light!!!! I have no idea what the percentage chance of getting two exotics from the gorgon chest in a week is, let alone the same exotic with both characters, but, Yep. Random friends list person joins and gets a hard light. Others join and get a truth and patience and time so I know the chest isn't cursed haha. 2nd nightfall goes without incident. 3rd nightfall I do with lfg randoms, one gets a hard light. Now a total of 5 have dropped in my presence this week.. Later I do hard Crota for third time and get a hard light and second crux of Crota off same drop. It's a hard light kinda week. Now xur just needs to sell red death tonight bahaha

Dave_6

I'll run it with you. My Hunter hit 32 early this week and the only primary I've gotten is the WoC. I'll take any shards too.

blazeuk

If there are 4 more we can get a team going, I can solo the Abyss with hunter but it's more fun with a team.

If you haven't done it in 1-2 hours I'll be back from work then and be looking to hopefully get gloves for my level 30 hunter from either the Abyss or the Bridge (if that's not too crazy for anyone).

ich00

I have 2 chars I still need to run it with and can join you ether tonight or this weekend. I'm usually on after 9pm EST. You can add me if you want, Ichabod00 on PS4.

stb

I don't get home until around 7pm Eastern, but I'd love to get this knocked out so I can focus on IB this weekend. What's your PSN? I'll send a FR now to facilitate later.

I'm happy to help as much as I can (I'm not sure what level the enemies even are in HM abyss and bridge); I just wanted to make it clear that if someone is planning on soloing it, I'm also happy to just stay out of the way and ride their coattails. =)

I have 2 chars I still need to run it with and can join you ether tonight or this weekend. I'm usually on after 9pm EST. You can add me if you want, Ichabod00 on PS4.

Thanks, I'll send a FR now.

I'll run it with you. My Hunter hit 32 early this week and the only primary I've gotten is the WoC. I'll take any shards too.

Cool. We can probably bang this out with you, me, ich00, DeathJR, and 2 others to fill out the squad tonight.

Does anyone have the Crota CP on an alt so we can skip hallway and deathsinger?

If you haven't done it in 1-2 hours I'll be back from work then and be looking to hopefully get gloves for my level 30 hunter from either the Abyss or the Bridge (if that's not too crazy for anyone).

Gloves only drop from Abyss. Bridge drops chest or boots.

I don't think I'll be online after 2 hours..1 hour is doable.

Self res on C!... he's dead.
last gif for real

http://share.gifyoutube.com/KeDE57.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well, that depends on the Warlock.

I don't bother calling out a Self Res. Some warlocks have actually gotten smart and started using the crazy armor Radiance perk. Those deserve to be called out.

I don't get home until around 7pm Eastern, but I'd love to get this knocked out so I can focus on IB this weekend. What's your PSN? I'll send a FR now to facilitate later.

I'm happy to help as much as I can (I'm not sure what level the enemies even are in HM abyss and bridge); I just wanted to make it clear that if someone is planning on soloing it, I'm also happy to just stay out of the way and ride their coattails. =)

All enemies are 33 in hard mode.

If you have don't touch me and leveled up bladedancer, you won't have much trouble with hm Abyss even if you're only 31.

I won't be on 7 hours from now, have about an hour or two max before I have to leave.

PSN is ruthlesbarbarian

nOoblet16

I'll be trying sword bearing HM Crota with no invisibility for the first time with a couple of friends. Wish me luck guys this could get sketchy as I have never done it without invisibility.

E92 M3

Tuesday was Hard Light for many but Monte Carlo day for me.

Gorgon Chest and 2 Crota runs = 3 count 'em 3 Monte Carlos in one day.

Xur selling Hard Light would be nice. Still don't have one.

I still never got a Hard Light. Want that gun pretty badly.

I'll be trying sword bearing HM Crota with no invisibility for the first time with a couple of friends. Wish me luck guys this could get sketchy.

Not bad at all. Trust me.

I'll be trying sword bearing HM Crota with no invisibility for the first time with a couple of friends. Wish me luck guys this could get sketchy as I have never done it without invisibility.

It's perfectly fine, I did with my titan a couple of times. I actually prefer bailing after slicing instead of being invisible on the platform next to Crota.

Top Bottom